Re: New co-opted Board member

Amberexile wrote: February 20th, 2023, 1:12 pm
pembsexile wrote: February 20th, 2023, 1:06 pm Thanks for that AE. Isn’t that the guy that was supposed to be interested in taking us over? Interesting.
Interesting indeed/. Clearly some agreement has been reached with him which appears to be short of a full take-over/majority shareholding.
Yes, it would appear so. Obviously the Board felt he has something to offer. I wish him well. Not quite sure how he could have taken us over as we are a Trust but, hey ho.

pembsexile wrote: February 20th, 2023, 1:22 pm Not quite sure how he could have taken us over as we are a Trust but, hey ho.
He hasn't taken us over. We are still owned by the Trust. He has been co-opted as a Director, but has no more stake in the club than anyone else who pays their Trust subs. If he wanted to take on a stake in the club then there would have to be a vote by Trust members on whether or not we wanted to allow that to happen.

Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Kairdiff Exile wrote: February 20th, 2023, 2:27 pm
pembsexile wrote: February 20th, 2023, 1:22 pm Not quite sure how he could have taken us over as we are a Trust but, hey ho.
He hasn't taken us over. We are still owned by the Trust. He has been co-opted as a Director, but has no more stake in the club than anyone else who pays their Trust subs. If he wanted to take on a stake in the club then there would have to be a vote by Trust members on whether or not we wanted to allow that to happen.

Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.
No, you aren’t wrong. He hasn’t taken us over. That was never going to happen. There was speculation some time ago that is what he wanted to do. I merely commented that I could not understand as to how he could have tried to take us on anyway as we are a Trust. Glad he is on board though.

Kairdiff Exile wrote: February 20th, 2023, 2:53 pm Cheers Pembs. I guess if he wanted to buy out the Trust then he could have made an offer and it would have been put to Trust members. Indeed, maybe in time he might seek to do so. But coming on board as a Director and showing / communicating his intentions first is a smart move to win people over.
Totally agree KE. The proof will be in the pudding, we’ll see what he brings. We can ignore the speculation.

pembsexile wrote: February 20th, 2023, 3:01 pm
Kairdiff Exile wrote: February 20th, 2023, 2:53 pm Cheers Pembs. I guess if he wanted to buy out the Trust then he could have made an offer and it would have been put to Trust members. Indeed, maybe in time he might seek to do so. But coming on board as a Director and showing / communicating his intentions first is a smart move to win people over.
Totally agree KE. The proof will be in the pudding, we’ll see what he brings. We can ignore the speculation.
Absolutely agree with you both. Of course there is also the other option from a 'trust buy out'; that is an offer of a hybrid model whereby an invester makes an offer of purchasing a percentage of the trusts shares. Any such offer would also require being put to the Trust membership.
Nevertheless unless I being naive I can't see any negatives to this person's co-option at the moment.