Re: New co-opted Board member

whoareya wrote: February 23rd, 2023, 5:38 pm
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: February 23rd, 2023, 5:11 pm Just to clarify the Argus article is dated 21/02 and not today, and quotes P Madigan as saying the board will be discussing whether the club structure should stay as it is or to put a hybrid plan to the Trust membership.
Fair point re the date, I hadn't noticed that - but you can read the quotes that way if you like - I'm looking at the message behind them

If anyone doesn't think that the hybrid model will now be tabled as the only way ahead then they need to give their heads a shake......
I'm in agreement with you regards the hybrid model, but have no idea how the 1000 or so Trust members will react to it. Obviously much will depend on the details. Perhaps another 'elephant in the room' could be the other 21.2% of club shareholders, whoever they are?

I'm not sure why there should be a rush to implement a hybrid model considering we are dealing with a long term fan of the club as opposed to some random outside interest. The bones of my opening offer would be, you help to fund the club, once your funding has helped to secure us promotion to L1 the Trust will sell you one third of the shares we own. Repeat the trick in L1 and once the club are promoted to the Championship you can buy another third of the Trust's shares giving you overall control of the club assuming no further shares are issued in the meantime. Rinse and repeat for the Premier League. Relegation of course would entail the shares being sold back to the Trust at the same value. What's not to like.

Amberexile wrote: February 23rd, 2023, 9:07 pm I'm not sure why there should be a rush to implement a hybrid model considering we are dealing with a long term fan of the club as opposed to some random outside interest. The bones of my opening offer would be, you help to fund the club, once your funding has helped to secure us promotion to L1 the Trust will sell you one third of the shares we own. Repeat the trick in L1 and once the club are promoted to the Championship you can buy another third of the Trust's shares giving you overall control of the club assuming no further shares are issued in the meantime. Rinse and repeat for the Premier League. Relegation of course would entail the shares being sold back to the Trust at the same value. What's not to like.
Well we know Jon Pratt is now a director. I await with interest as to what he is going to say. If he says that we need to find a way to get a proprietary interest in a fit for purpose stadium, I will be dancing on the rooftops.

Time will tell.

How much money do you think we have in the coffers from the cup runs tv play offs !we were told 3 years ago by directors the
Hybrid model was the way forward that we cannot rely on cup runs and trust members to survive. Our rent to play at RP as gone up we now pay half towards the up keeping costs at the ground , we have lost one of our main sponsors paid off 2 managers and staff the fans sponsored the home shirt last year .imo the model needs to change how iam not sure !

owlsabout wrote: February 23rd, 2023, 10:14 pm How much money do you think we have in the coffers from the cup runs tv play offs !we were told 3 years ago by directors the
Hybrid model was the way forward that we cannot rely on cup runs and trust members to survive. Our rent to play at RP as gone up we now pay half towards the up keeping costs at the ground , we have lost one of our main sponsors paid off 2 managers and staff the fans sponsored the home shirt last year .imo the model needs to change how iam not sure !
In the 2021 accounts which are the last ones available, the cash was down by about £500k to circa £800k. Almost two years later that position may have improved or worsened, as with most things we have no idea.

Bangitintrnet wrote: February 24th, 2023, 8:19 am
owlsabout wrote: February 23rd, 2023, 10:14 pm
.Our rent to play at RP as gone up we now pay half towards the up keeping costs at the ground ,
But use it more than twice as much as the owners, and so get twice as much income from it.

How much would we pay for the upkeep of the ground if we owned it?

So who has the better deal?
Obviously Newport County.

And the WRU, the cunning sods, tried to offload Rodney Parade to the County. Said they would not only pay us rent but would give us half a million quid to take the stadium off their hands. Luckily the financial geniuses in charge of our club were far too clever to fall for that.

Now my dear old thing, as you have so much brightened up my days I think it only fair I do something for you. And as you are the only one on here who understands basic economics, the something I have is the real deal.

At the bottom of my garden there lives a leprechaun. And every Sunday as rent he brings me a crock of gold. I have so much gold I don't know what to do with it and I thought I would give maybe a tonne of it to you. So if you could PM me we can exchange addresses and I will ship you all this gold. I would offer this to all the posters on this board, but the truth is they are all so economically illiterate that it would be a waste of time. Many of them are so thick they bought their own homes rather than rent. Idiots I know but there's nothing we can do.

One little thing. I will need you to send me £10,000. Just for shipping costs you understand. But don't worry with all that gold you'll not miss the ten grand.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: February 24th, 2023, 9:24 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: February 24th, 2023, 8:19 am
owlsabout wrote: February 23rd, 2023, 10:14 pm
.Our rent to play at RP as gone up we now pay half towards the up keeping costs at the ground ,
But use it more than twice as much as the owners, and so get twice as much income from it.

How much would we pay for the upkeep of the ground if we owned it?

So who has the better deal?
Obviously Newport County.

And the WRU, the cunning sods, tried to offload Rodney Parade to the County. Said they would not only pay us rent but would give us half a million quid to take the stadium off their hands. Luckily the financial geniuses in charge of our club were far too clever to fall for that.

Now my dear old thing, as you have so much brightened up my days I think it only fair I do something for you. And as you are the only one on here who understands basic economics, the something I have is the real deal.

At the bottom of my garden there lives a leprechaun. And every Sunday as rent he brings me a crock of gold. I have so much gold I don't know what to do with it and I thought I would give maybe a tonne of it to you. So if you could PM me we can exchange addresses and I will ship you all this gold. I would offer this to all the posters on this board, but the truth is they are all so economically illiterate that it would be a waste of time. Many of them are so thick they bought their own homes rather than rent. Idiots I know but there's nothing we can do.

One little thing. I will need you to send me £10,000. Just for shipping costs you understand. But don't worry with all that gold you'll not miss the ten grand.

So the basis of your great proposal is that we are legally secure, rather than financially secure, when we know that it is finances that lead to the loss of clubs/grounds whatever the legal status.

Also interesting that you keep referring to your house as a good investment, when football ground values go down not up, due to lack of buyer's and astronomical running costs.

If you buy a flat in a block with service costs that can be half of much as your mortgage, guess what happens to the value of the property when there are less punters willing to take on both commitments.

And it's good to see it still others investing in your plan, not you, despite it being the best idea ever, paid for by leprechauns and the missing 154,000 of the population locally, that like you, have no interest in financially supporting the club.

Bangitintrnet wrote: February 24th, 2023, 9:43 am

So the basis of your great proposal is that we are legally secure, rather than financially secure, when we know that it is finances that lead to the loss of clubs/grounds whatever the legal status.

Also interesting that you keep referring to your house as a good investment, when football ground values go down not up, due to lack of buyer's and astronomical running costs.

If you buy a flat in a block with service costs that can be half of much as your mortgage, guess what happens to the value of the property when there are less punters willing to take on both commitments.

And it's good to see it still others investing in your plan, not you, despite it being the best idea ever, paid for by leprechauns and the missing 154,000 of the population locally, that like you, have no interest in financially supporting the club.
No, no, old chap. You were right all along. I'm convinced. Now if you can just send me the £10,000 you will be rich beyond your wildest dreams. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote: February 24th, 2023, 9:47 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: February 24th, 2023, 9:43 am

No, no, old chap. You were right all along. I'm convinced. Now if you can just send me the £10,000 you will be rich beyond your wildest dreams. :grin:
And you believe that you don't live in a legal fantasy world, you are in fact the epitome of small businesses.......

Furthermore if the WRU were looking to sell RP, what does that say about David Buttress' plans to buy out the Dragon's. On that basis, they will have to rent off NCAFC, but will be totally fecked when we kick them out, by your fantasy logic.

Back on Topic.

When will the next board minutes be released?. No doubt that board will have fully discussed Jon Pratt being co-opted. And as we know Jon is a member there will be no need to redact. It will be interesting to hear that which was said by Gavin, Shaun and Kevin, about Jon. What exactly will be Jon's role in the club.
A number of people who know Mr Pratt assure me that not only is he a very astute business man but is also a committed County supporter. My view is and always has been that we need to begin the process of developing a stadium and infrastructure. If Jon takes that view, I will join the trust and he will have my full support.

Idon't know Jon Pratt but having heard from some who do, I am genuinely excited that after far too long there is the possibility that someone with dynamic vision might, just might, be able to take us forward.

Up the Port, County 'til I die, etc, etc......

Well yesterday the club released the redacted minutes for January 12. Working on that basis, it there are meetings every month, it would seem that this months meetings missed the appointment of Jon Pratt as he only recently joined. That is my understanding anyway. So, the first opportunity to discuss his appointment and see what he has to offer would be the meeting in March. We would probably get the redacted info from that meeting in April.

That is of course unless the club wish to put out a statement, hold a public meeting or call on EGM to discuss the proposals for change.

pembsexile wrote: February 24th, 2023, 11:41 am Well yesterday the club released the redacted minutes for January 12. Working on that basis, it there are meetings every month, it would seem that this months meetings missed the appointment of Jon Pratt as he only recently joined. That is my understanding anyway. So, the first opportunity to discuss his appointment and see what he has to offer would be the meeting in March. We would probably get the redacted info from that meeting in April.

That is of course unless the club wish to put out a statement, hold a public meeting or call on EGM to discuss the proposals for change.
Hi Mike,

Was anythingvsaid in the minutes about Darren Kelly leaving?

pembsexile wrote: February 24th, 2023, 11:41 am Well yesterday the club released the redacted minutes for January 12. Working on that basis, it there are meetings every month, it would seem that this months meetings missed the appointment of Jon Pratt as he only recently joined. That is my understanding anyway. So, the first opportunity to discuss his appointment and see what he has to offer would be the meeting in March. We would probably get the redacted info from that meeting in April.

Two observations from those minutes, firstly no discussion on finance or performance against budgets, secondly Gavin was in attendance.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: February 24th, 2023, 12:08 pm

Two observations from those minutes, firstly no discussion on finance or performance against budgets, secondly Gavin was in attendance.
Well I'm pleased. At least we now know Gavin hasn't been unwell.