Re: Exiles Grandstand - Hartlepool away

Excellent battling win. Very resilient defending throughout, although the quality of our passing, especially the final ball, was very poor overall.
Thought good use of the subs towards the end gave us the edge in energy and running power.
Demetriou, well some of his passing and distribution was poor, but nevertheless what a battler and another quality header to win the game at the death.

pembsexile wrote: February 21st, 2023, 9:51 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: February 21st, 2023, 9:43 pm Great goal. Crap game. I dont care, I think we are just about safe.
It was pretty bad Brendan. Sort of ‘nothing really going on’. Even the commentator said it was bad. Then along comes a County legend. Sometimes it doesn’t matter at all how the team has performed, it is the results that matter. This game was one of them.
Exactly. Up the the dizzying height of 16th.

pembsexile wrote: February 21st, 2023, 9:51 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: February 21st, 2023, 9:43 pm Great goal. Crap game. I dont care, I think we are just about safe.
It was pretty bad Brendan. Sort of ‘nothing really going on’. Even the commentator said it was bad. Then along comes a County legend. Sometimes it doesn’t matter at all how the team has performed, it is the results that matter. This game was one of them.
Quite. I was just about to write £10 amd 2 hours of my life I'll never get back but I don't care and then....... :cheers:

Their commentators on 79 minutes said the highlight of the game was the ref falling over.It was uneventful to put it mildly,then last five we actually created a few chances,Lewis twice making the keeper save and Zanzalla heading over,he should have scored last minute when McNeill put him through.It takes Mickey,who apparently,is past it,too slow,too old who wins it with another late header.Who was it that said MD is the best header of the ball in the team and should be used more as a goal threat,oh yes it was me.Rochdale losing again,it could be those two for the drop.