Re: Exiles Grandstand: Newport v Sutton

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: February 25th, 2023, 7:00 pm
Kairdiff Exile wrote: February 25th, 2023, 6:34 pm
jamiencafc wrote: February 25th, 2023, 4:25 pm I don't see what McNeill brings to a league two team. People that criticise Bogle need to watch how much he chases and battles in comparison to McNeill.
100% this. McNeill may well come good in time, but I’d put him bottom of the pecking order by some distance currently for a starting berth, I don’t care what assurances we’ve had to give his parent club.
Have to say I'm agreement with this
I think you are both wrong. McNeill went closest to scoring when he brought out an excellent diving save from the goal keeper in the first half and also sprayed intelligent passes around the pitch throughout.

G Guest wrote: February 25th, 2023, 7:30 pm
jamiencafc wrote: February 25th, 2023, 4:25 pm I don't see what McNeill brings to a league two team. People that criticise Bogle need to watch how much he chases and battles in comparison to McNeill.
100% this. McNeill may well come good in time, but I’d put him bottom of the pecking order by some distance currently for a starting berth, I don’t care what assurances we’ve had to give his parent club.
I think you are both wrong. McNeill went closest to scoring when he brought out an excellent diving save from the goal keeper in the first half and also sprayed intelligent passes around the pitch throughout.
Accept that he hit the target with 2 efforts today, and made a few accurate passes, but also made a few errant ones and had a number of poor first touches. I feel overall his contributions are below the other strikers at the moment.

Plus forcing another save in the second half,Zanzalla chested it back to McNeill who shot high and the keeper tipped over.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: February 25th, 2023, 7:59 pm
Ugo. wrote: February 25th, 2023, 5:34 pm Adam Lewis out for the rest of the season with Hamstring injury
Reportedly has already returned to Liverpool.
Shame because I believe he has made good progress whilst here and offered a left footed delivery from out wide others cannot match.
A loss to us as his early crosses have helped us.Also,it allowed Aaron to move into midfield where he did well.He will stay at LWB now.

I agree with the other two .. was really looking forward to his signing but he hasn’t started too great and thought he was poor again today

I agree GG McNeill had his best game for us today, starting to mix it with the opposing centre backs, getting into good space and technically good - yes not everything comes off but this is his first go at “proper” football and he is improving. Adam Lewis who is now a big loss did not start that well , these youngsters need time to adjust to L2 and mens football - McNeill will I am sure improve with each game.