When shall we tell the plebs

Newport County are at present a club with a 'Supporters Trust' having a controlling interest. The directors of Newport County serve that Trust, serve the shareholders of the Trust, serve the shareholders of the club.

I am informed that a meeting took place between Jon Pratt on the one hand and Peter Madigan and Gavin Foxall. During the course of this meeting Gavin Foxall made best endeavours to persuade Jon Pratt not to invest in Newport County. Clearly, and some may conclude thankfully Gavin Foxall failed to do this.

Pursuant to this meeting Gavin Foxall has been removed as chairman of Newport County. Although the now departed Darren Kelly found it impossible to work with Gavin Foxall and this may have played a part.

Notwithstanding that I believe this to be the case the only people who know for sure are the directors of Newport County. But it is clear, the chairman or ex chairman is no longer attending games. This is unsatisfactory. Time surely for those who are sure of the truth to come clean.

Re: When shall we tell the plebs

Stan A. Einstein wrote: February 27th, 2023, 6:42 am Newport County are at present a club with a 'Supporters Trust' having a controlling interest. The directors of Newport County serve that Trust, serve the shareholders of the Trust, serve the shareholders of the club.

I am informed that a meeting took place between Jon Pratt on the one hand and Peter Madigan and Gavin Foxall. During the course of this meeting Gavin Foxall made best endeavours to persuade Jon Pratt not to invest in Newport County. Clearly, and some may conclude thankfully Gavin Foxall failed to do this.

Pursuant to this meeting Gavin Foxall has been removed as chairman of Newport County. Although the now departed Darren Kelly found it impossible to work with Gavin Foxall and this may have played a part.

Notwithstanding that I believe this to be the case the only people who know for sure are the directors of Newport County. But it is clear, the chairman or ex chairman is no longer attending games. This is unsatisfactory. Time surely for those who are sure of the truth to come clean.
My first comment is *IF* there is any truth in this, bearing in mind your last nougat included leprechaun's at the bottom of your garden.....

My comment would be why is it necessary for the trust to comment at this stage? Surely due process is being carried out, and the trust board as a whole wish to discuss whatever it is that Jon Pratt has to say. From what I know of Gavin Foxall (which admittedly is very little) he very much strikes me as a football with a future type,so I doubt very much that he would just resign.

You keep saying that people can't work with Gavin Foxall and yet these people tend to be on short contracts with low pay. To me it makes perfect sense that the club doesn't tie itself to expensive future payments, if we don't know our future income. That's football with a future in a nutshell.
However those staff will be benefiting from having extra experience on their CV, so a win/win situation.

Overall I personally have more trust in your Leprechauns.

Slowly it seems that the pieces are coming together, and probably helps explain why Peter Madigan was the recent spokesman to the Argus, when Gavin is the one normally trying to capture the limelight.. If what Stan says is true, and I believe it is as I suspect the information is from a good inside source, then surely our communicative Trust must now release a statement of either denial or confirmation.

This situation is far from ideal for supporters, imagine the effect it may be having on GC who against this uncertain background is trying to organise a Team that can avoid relegation. Right now as a Club we are seemingly rudderless.

Bangitintrnet wrote: February 27th, 2023, 7:56 am

You keep saying that people can't work with Gavin Foxall and yet these people tend to be on short contracts with low pay.
So you know what the staff at Newport County are paid and the terms and conditions of their employment.

Let's stay on topic shall we? If the leader of an organization leaves, either because s/he resigns or is sacked I believe the members of that organization are entitled to know.

In any event Gavin Foxall has a long history of going missing when the going gets tough. More interested it seems in the perks of being a director than the responsibiles than actually doing the job.

I see Exeter City gave some of their tickets for yesterday's League Cup Final to Trust members. I wonder what Newport County did with our allocation.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: February 27th, 2023, 8:16 am

You keep saying that people can't work with Gavin Foxall and yet these people tend to be on short contracts with low pay.
So you know what the staff at Newport County are paid and the terms and conditions of their employment.

Let's stay on topic shall we? If the leader of an organization leaves, either because s/he resigns or is sacked I believe the members of that organization are entitled to know.

In any event Gavin Foxall has a long history of going missing when the going gets tough. More interested it seems in the perks of being a director than the responsibiles than actually doing the job.

I see Exeter City gave some of their tickets for yesterday's League Cup Final to Trust members. I wonder what Newport County did with our allocation.
Again you are wanting to believe something because it suits your need to bash the trust.

Again, why are trust members entitled to know exactly?

Were they entitled to know that you didn't stand for election, because you weren't a Trust member paying subscriptions and had no intention of joining?

I knew Peter Madigan when we were non league. Others would know him too from those days, as there were less away fans at the London games where he lives. Peter is not the type to talk about himself, he is very down to earth. I met him first through a mutual supporter friend, who passed away far too soon. That friend knew him very well, and mentioned to me how his financial software company was doing really well. Peter leased the software all over the world and therefore had many contacts high up in the financial world.

So Peter would be the one on the trust board that would have the contacts to check out if Jon Pratt's vision is viable, against the backdrop of football with a future.

Oh and I am very grateful for you providing some detail behind your statement's, it makes for a so much better a discussion afterwards.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: February 27th, 2023, 8:07 am Slowly it seems that the pieces are coming together, and probably helps explain why Peter Madigan was the recent spokesman to the Argus, when Gavin is the one normally trying to capture the limelight.. If what Stan says is true, and I believe it is as I suspect the information is from a good inside source, then surely our communicative Trust must now release a statement of either denial or confirmation.

This situation is far from ideal for supporters, imagine the effect it may be having on GC who against this uncertain background is trying to organise a Team that can avoid relegation. Right now as a Club we are seemingly rudderless.
I agree. Gavin Foxall has disappeared. He is meant to be the elected leader of our club. We were treated to this nonsense before. Gavin's off to consider his position. Months later, crisis over, Gavin returns.

This time I'm informed it is not on his own volition. Even if that is not the case it doesn't matter. Once again those who have charge of our club are not telling the trust members and supporters information which they have a right to know.

Spare us the BS about the club being transparent. They are not.

Bangitintrnet wrote: February 27th, 2023, 8:35 am

Again you are wanting to believe something because it suits your need to bash the trust.

Were they entitled to know that you didn't stand for election, because you weren't a Trust member paying subscriptions and had no intention of joining?

I knew Peter Madigan when we were non league. Others would know him too from those days, as there were less away fans at the London games where he lives. Peter is not the type to talk about himself, he is very down to earth. I met him first through a mutual supporter friend, who passed away far too soon. That friend knew him very well, and mentioned to me how his financial software company was doing really well. Peter leased the software all over the world and therefore had many contacts high up in the financial world.

So Peter would be the one on the trust board that would have the contacts to check out if Jon Pratt's vision is viable, against the backdrop of football with a future.

Oh and I am very grateful for you providing some detail behind your statement's, it makes for a so much better a discussion afterwards.
I don't have any problem with Peter Madigan and Gavin Foxall having a meeting with Jon Pratt.

I do have a problem with Gavin Foxall trying to dissuade Jon Pratt from investing.

I think Gavin Foxall is unfit to be chairman of Newport County. If Peter Madigan and his fellow board members have been instrumental in removing Mr Foxall then I would welcome that.

What I am critical of is that we have a situation where anyone with an ounce of sense can see that thete has been a shift in power behind the scenes and those people who have financed the club for the last seven years are not being told about it.

And whilst I feel Gavin Foxall is not fit to be chairman of Newport County. Nonetheless Gavin Foxall is a human being and doesn't deserve to be 'disappeared'. If the club had any sense they should have made a non commital statement. Thanking Mr Foxall for his service and wishing him all the best for his future.

This seems to boil down to the directors of our club disagreeing about Mr Pratt’s potential involvement and investment in our club, to the point that our directors have voted out the chairman it would seem, if this story about our club is correct. Happens all the time in business.

And yes, the Supporter’s Trust must certainly be told about this and they should communicate this with us, if at least with trust members. You’ll note I used the word ‘our’ a lot above, intentionally. In the same way that shareholders of a plc would need to be told about a chairman standing down.

I think the most likely scenario is that Mr Foxhall has been outvoted on this issue in the board room and things will take their course when his post and that of all directors comes up for re-election, and that’s when we’ll be told. So possibly, no resignation, no ousting, no loss of confidence or poor communication, maybe more that the natural process of someone leaving or not being re-elected hasn’t taken its course yet.

Just my guess.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: February 27th, 2023, 9:19 am This seems to boil down to the directors of our club disagreeing about Mr Pratt’s potential involvement and investment in our club, to the point that our directors have voted out the chairman it would seem, if this story about our club is correct. Happens all the time in business.

And yes, the Supporter’s Trust must certainly be told about this and they should communicate this with us, if at least with trust members. You’ll note I used the word ‘our’ a lot above, intentionally. In the same way that shareholders of a plc would need to be told about a chairman standing down.

I think the most likely scenario is that Mr Foxhall has been outvoted on this issue in the board room and things will take their course when his post and that of all directors comes up for re-election, and that’s when we’ll be told. So possibly, no resignation, no ousting, no loss of confidence or poor communication, maybe more that the natural process of someone leaving or not being re-elected hasn’t taken its course yet.

Just my guess.
I agree with your analysis but losing a board room argument should not, in and of itself, cause a resignation or sacking.

Just from personal experience. 30 years ago I was a trade union shop steward. I represented members and would do so without difficulty even when I disagreed with actions being taken. However in one dispute after negotiations with management the shop voted to continue with a work to rule. In my view this decision was so wrong I felt I had no option but to resign. My understanding is that Gavin was forced out, but that he might have chosen to resign is quite possible. And no matter how well sourced my informant could be wrong. Although s/he also informed me that Mr Kelly had left long before that titbit was made public.

Where I agree entirely with your view is in it being vital that if the head of an organization leaves that has to be communicated to members of that organization. Frankly just having an empty seat in the stand where the chairman/woman should be sat makes us look ridiculous.

To clarify, investment discussions with any party is still only hypothetical - there is no opportunity to do so at the moment, other than to hoover up club shares from other shareholders, be that past or present.

But if this information is correct, that the Chairman has gone, possible ousted, then of course it needs to be announced - with an EGM convened to discuss this and the hybrid model that will now inevitably be proposed - this is, after all, the only way for any 'investor' to 'invest'.

EDIT: just to add that nothing about this has appeared on the Facebook County Chat page as yet.
Last edited by whoareya on February 27th, 2023, 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: February 27th, 2023, 9:19 am This seems to boil down to the directors of our club disagreeing about Mr Pratt’s potential involvement and investment in our club, to the point that our directors have voted out the chairman it would seem, if this story about our club is correct. Happens all the time in business.

Just my guess.
As I recall Directors are not voted in on an annual basis so Mr Foxhall and others may still technically have a year or more in office. In the interim there is no way that the Club can operate effectively without key Board members.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: February 27th, 2023, 6:42 am Newport County are at present a club with a 'Supporters Trust' having a controlling interest. The directors of Newport County serve that Trust, serve the shareholders of the Trust, serve the shareholders of the club.

My first comment is *IF* there is any truth in this, bearing in mind your last nougat included leprechaun's at the bottom of your garden.....

My comment would be why is it necessary for the trust to comment at this stage? Surely due process is being carried out, and the trust board as a whole wish to discuss whatever it is that Jon Pratt has to say. From what I know of Gavin Foxall (which admittedly is very little) he very much strikes me as a football with a future type,so I doubt very much that he would just resign.

You keep saying that people can't work with Gavin Foxall and yet these people tend to be on short contracts with low pay. To me it makes perfect sense that the club doesn't tie itself to expensive future payments, if we don't know our future income. That's football with a future in a nutshell.
However those staff will be benefiting from having extra experience on their CV, so a win/win situation.

Overall I personally have more trust in your Leprechauns.
Why does every topic on here revert to the very boring ongoing saga between you & Stan? You are obviously a knowledgeable fellow but your posts, which I do find interesting & sometimes informative, would be more effective without the constant sideswipes. I groan every time this happens which seems to be constantly. And now back to the Main News😄!

Bangitintrnet wrote: February 27th, 2023, 8:35 am

On topic?

Stan A. Einstein wrote: February 27th, 2023, 9:36 am

Just my guess.
I agree with your analysis but losing a board room argument should not, in and of itself, cause a resignation or sacking.

Just from personal experience. 30 years ago I was a trade union shop steward. I represented members and would do so without difficulty even when I disagreed with actions being taken. However in one dispute after negotiations with management the shop voted to continue with a work to rule. In my view this decision was so wrong I felt I had no option but to resign. My understanding is that Gavin was forced out, but that he might have chosen to resign is quite possible. And no matter how well sourced my informant could be wrong. Although s/he also informed me that Mr Kelly had left long before that titbit was made public.

Where I agree entirely with your view is in it being vital that if the head of an organization leaves that has to be communicated to members of that organization. Frankly just having an empty seat in the stand where the chairman/woman should be sat makes us look ridiculous.
No it doesn't, as mentioned above there could be all sorts of reasons why he has chosen to take a backseat.

When I attended the trust takeover meeting at the riverfront, I was keen to listen to what was being said - like most. But someone in front of me that night wasn't listening, as he was just texting, what turned out to be his negativity to the forum.

Just after the start of the meeting, someone below us in the main audience, stood up and made the point that he didn't know who the people on the stage running the meeting were and perhaps they could identify themselves for the benefit of the audience. It was a very fair point, and something that should have happened automatically.

However wether the person was uncomfortable at speaking in front of a lot of people I don't know, but the words he used were a little more hostile than I felt necessary. At that point in the meeting, quite correctly, the audience was informed who the people were on the leading the meeting on the stage were individually.

As Stan had been against many aspects of the trust proposal's on the forum before the meeting, I wondered if this person was in fact Stan.

Later in the meeting a person asked for the roaming mic and made some comments. As I was sitting behind him, I put my hand up and made a comment along the lines of "When the County went bust it was for a sum of £300k, I couldn't help them then, but as the trust were asking for a simular amount I was damn sure I was going to help now" .
I was nervous, and was supprised how emotional I felt, and sounded, saying those words. It also supprised me that I could see people below me standing and cheering when I finished.

It was however very noticeable to me, that the person who had spoken before me, was shaking his head, and looking very unhappy. It was at that point that I first considered if the person in front of me was in fact Stan. That was confirmed later at the end of proceedings, as I have mentioned previously.

Stan your history of anti - trust go's before you, and therefore your willingness to push any possibility of discourse with it.

I however, am more than happy to trust the trust, and the mantra football with a future.
Last edited by Bangitintrnet on February 27th, 2023, 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.