Litter

Seems to be getting worse I go out just once a month round my area litter picking wish more would do it.

It doesn't help when people are putting house hold and recycling waste in litter bins in stuffed carrier bags it's litter bins FFS just recycle correctly it's not hard but people are lazy and just fill their waste bins with recycling stuff then use litter bins and stuff just gets blown away.

And what really winds me up is people who say the wheely bins are to small and that's why you get rats

No it's because your putting food in the general waste it's not rocket science

Re: Litter

UPTHEPORT wrote: March 1st, 2023, 9:05 am Seems to be getting worse I go out just once a month round my area litter picking wish more would do it.

It doesn't help when people are putting house hold and recycling waste in litter bins in stuffed carrier bags it's litter bins FFS just recycle correctly it's not hard but people are lazy and just fill their waste bins with recycling stuff then use litter bins and stuff just gets blown away.

And what really winds me up is people who say the wheely bins are to small and that's why you get rats

No it's because your putting food in the general waste it's not rocket science
In complete agreement with you Iago.
Gwyl Dewi Sant hapus i ti.

Travel along the A465 near Merthyr if you want to see litter....There is more litter than grass on the side verges.... Saying that ...the bin in one of the lay byes is full and hasnt been emptied for weeks , if not months....

I have also seen bin men throwing litter into the back of the bin lorry...miss . and not pick it up....a great example they set......I mentioned it to one of them one day as I sat behind them in Barry and he gave me nothing but a smirk and the 'raised middle finger........report it ? It was my word against him and his mates...would it be worth it ?
Then again the Council could always spend many thousands of our taxes having an enquiry about it

I have always said get the 'prisoners' in nearby jails out litter picking rather than sitting in their cells playing playstations all day??? Payback for the community they have wronged

Sound point Mr C.
Litter education starts at schools
25 years as Caretaker at local secondary school saw me spend too much of my time picking up litter.
With the playing fields in use in summer after lunch the fields were awash with wrapping ,bottles etc
So what did the Head do??. Go round and pick it for them...Bizarre