The tip of the iceberg.

Further to earlier posts it little more information. Unfortunately much of what I know would identify people involved at Newport County, so everything you are about to read is generally known within the club.

Firstly we are broke. All those massive influxes of cash from Cup runs and Wembley appearances is gone. The penny pinching which goes on is frankly embarrassing. Now to be clear, In do not suggest that for one moment there has been any theft. This is incompetence not illegality. My understanding is that those now auditing the football club to find out why we have reached this sorry state will be able to access all records. Why Wayne Hatswell was allowed to go to Walsall without compensation being paid by the midlands club for Wayne breaking a three year contract is simply because Gavin Foxall was anxious to see the back of him. Although in fairness to Newport County AFC, two weeks wages were with-held.

Next the hotels fiascoes. Newport County were travelling to Hartlepool prior to Christmas. The plan was that the players Christmas Party was to be held in Newcastle after the game. Half way up to Hartlepool, the game was called off. Nonetheless notwithstanding mobile 'phones it was only on arrival that the players learned that the hotel booking had been cancelled. Some of the players booked their own rooms and presumably partied. Others returned on the bus.

Rochdale, I don't know whether the person who paid for hotels has had the monies paid back by the club. My view is that probably they have, nonetheless Coughlan is said to be furious about the total lack of professionalism.

Further, at least one member of staff at Newport County is commencing legal action against Newport County. Again it is Gavin Foxall against whom accusations have been made. Far from the first time this has happened. It is of course a matter for all County supporters whether they pay money into the Trust. For myself I would gladly do this if the money were going towards strengthening our club. However I am not giving money to pay off people who can't work with Mr Foxall.

Finally. It is true that Jon Pratt tried to take over Newport County, quite some time ago. Les Scadding was persuaded instead to sell to the Trust. I have always been in favour of fans owning our club. But I fear on this I might have been wrong.

As I say, this is but the tip of the iceberg. The whole truth will come out. I hope others who presently have charge of our club develop a bit of backbone and be upfront with the shambles we are behind the scene.

And let us all hope that Jon Pratt, who is a County fan and a very competent business man sorts out this band of incompetent self-serving blackguards before our club goes down the pan.

Re: The tip of the iceberg.

300+ views and not a reply.

However I must correct myself. Wayne Hatswell's contract was for two years not three. I always acknowledge mistakes, that's why many people who read this board find me credible. That doesn't mean to say people always agree with me. it doesn't mean I'm always right. But it does mean that unless the club actually come out and deny that which I have written, then most discerning readers will conclude that the facts relayed above are accurate.

Let me be clear, there are many good people involved with Newport County. They want what is best for the club. That information is oozing out of our club like puss from a boil is therefore hardly surprising. And as I said this is just the tip of a very large iceberg. And let me remind you of the words of Jon Bowkett in a affidavit written for a previous tribunal hearing....

'The nature of the business, and full time work commitments of all Directors, meant that it was not possible to always discuss major issues. We would meet once a month where possible and otherwise converse by email as required. I was concerned to discover that decisions were made without my knowledge, most notably Gavin Foxall deciding player contract wages independently.'

It's been going on for years. And the other directors either, don't know, (Possible for some) lack the backbone to stand up to him, or collude.

In any event I trust a number of people who speak highly of Jon Pratt. I don't want to wash any more of Newport County's dirty washing in public. Time for our club to open up, apologise and get Jon Pratt in to ensure our club is run as a professional outfit.

Well we’ll see just how feasible it’s going to be for Jon Pratt to captain the ship while domiciled in the New World but one thing is for sure, the club should certainly be saying something now to allay the fears of supporters. If these rumours are true, those who have pulled the wool over our eyes should have the decency to make way for those who are not yes men.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 1st, 2023, 8:06 pm 300+ views and not a reply.

However I must correct myself. Wayne Hatswell's contract was for two years not three. I always acknowledge mistakes, that's why many people who read this board find me credible. That doesn't mean to say people always agree with me. it doesn't mean I'm always right. But it does mean that unless the club actually come out and deny that which I have written, then most discerning readers will conclude that the facts relayed above are accurate.

Let me be clear, there are many good people involved with Newport County. They want what is best for the club. That information is oozing out of our club like puss from a boil is therefore hardly surprising. And as I said this is just the tip of a very large iceberg. And let me remind you of the words of Jon Bowkett in a affidavit written for a previous tribunal hearing....

'The nature of the business, and full time work commitments of all Directors, meant that it was not possible to always discuss major issues. We would meet once a month where possible and otherwise converse by email as required. I was concerned to discover that decisions were made without my knowledge, most notably Gavin Foxall deciding player contract wages independently.'

It's been going on for years. And the other directors either, don't know, (Possible for some) lack the backbone to stand up to him, or collude.

In any event I trust a number of people who speak highly of Jon Pratt. I don't want to wash any more of Newport County's dirty washing in public. Time for our club to open up, apologise and get Jon Pratt in to ensure our club is run as a professional outfit.

Yes we get that you would like Jon Pratt to run the club, but it is actually a fact that Gavin Foxall has presideded over the most promising time financially that the club has ever seen.

Now I know you prefer to play the man rather than the ball, but perhaps its time to stop knocking Gavin Foxall while promoting someone who the club hierarchy need to assess fully and correctly. At the moment what they really don't need is spend time on something that only gives credibility to hearsay.

A lot has been said to the effect that because of the speculation surrounding the club, the Trust, the Directors or the club should make a statement. They have their reasons for not doing so. I think the most important person who could make a statement at the moment is Jon Pratt. There is so much speculation regarding what he is doing and what his plans are. I think it would be in the best interest of the club and himself if he were to do so.

I know nothing about the man and just hope that he has the best interest of the club at heart. If he has put this much effort in, we must assume that he has more than a passing interest. Unfortunately assumptions about him are all we have at the moment. What I will say is that it would seem that the club, Trust or Directors are not making a statement at the moment because it is in the clubs best interest not to do so. So be it. Not perfect but there you are.

pembsexile wrote: March 1st, 2023, 8:35 pm A lot has been said to the effect that because of the speculation surrounding the club, the Trust, the Directors or the club should make a statement. They have their reasons for not doing so. I think the most important person who could make a statement at the moment is Jon Pratt. There is so much speculation regarding what he is doing and what his plans are. I think it would be in the best interest of the club and himself if he were to do so.

I know nothing about the man and just hope that he has the best interest of the club at heart. If he has put this much effort in, we must assume that he has more than a passing interest. Unfortunately assumptions about him are all we have at the moment. What I will say is that it would seem that the club, Trust or Directors are not making a statement at the moment because it is in the clubs best interest not to do so. So be it. Not perfect but there you are.
You may be correct : one thing that worries me is that the uncertainty affects the playing and managerial staff which we can certainly ill afford at the moment. Needs to be sorted asap.

We have a insider who is sending information to Stan.Does this informer want Stan to make these issues public.Does this person and Einstein feel it is in the clubs interest to have this information in the public domain.If the club is broke then,creditors are going to be panicking to get their money back tomorrow,this causing even greater financial stress to the club.Why does this person send confidential information to a man who isn’t a Trust member,who doesn’t attend matches,who hardly contributes any money to the club.He appears to be more equal than others when it suits as myself and many more have no news on these rumours.

lowandhard wrote: March 1st, 2023, 8:55 pm
pembsexile wrote: March 1st, 2023, 8:35 pm A lot has been said to the effect that because of the speculation surrounding the club, the Trust, the Directors or the club should make a statement. They have their reasons for not doing so. I think the most important person who could make a statement at the moment is Jon Pratt. There is so much speculation regarding what he is doing and what his plans are. I think it would be in the best interest of the club and himself if he were to do so.

You may be correct : one thing that worries me is that the uncertainty affects the playing and managerial staff which we can certainly ill afford at the moment. Needs to be sorted asap.
All well and good on Jon Pratt making a statement, but how about one from, or on behalf of our missing Chairman?

Percy plunkett wrote: March 1st, 2023, 9:01 pm We have a insider who is sending information to Stan.Does this informer want Stan to make these issues public.Does this person and Einstein feel it is in the clubs interest to have this information in the public domain.If the club is broke then,creditors are going to be panicking to get their money back tomorrow,this causing even greater financial stress to the club.Why does this person send confidential information to a man who isn’t a Trust member,who doesn’t attend matches,who hardly contributes any money to the club.He appears to be more equal than others when it suits as myself and many more have no news on these rumours.
Why do you assume it's only one? Why do you assume it's a he?

By the way I own shares in the club and shares in the trust. I've paid to watch Newport County I would imagine over a 1,000 times since the mid-1960s.

So Percy old chap ,🖕

Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 1st, 2023, 9:12 pm
Percy plunkett wrote: March 1st, 2023, 9:01 pm We have a insider who is sending information to Stan.Does this informer want Stan to make these issues public.Does this person and Einstein feel it is in the clubs interest to have this information in the public domain.If the club is broke then,creditors are going to be panicking to get their money back tomorrow,this causing even greater financial stress to the club.Why does this person send confidential information to a man who isn’t a Trust member,who doesn’t attend matches,who hardly contributes any money to the club.He appears to be more equal than others when it suits as myself and many more have no news on these rumours.
Why do you assume it's only one? Why do you assume it's a he?

By the way I own shares in the club and shares in the trust. I've paid to watch Newport County I would imagine over a 1,000 times since the mid-1960s.

So Percy old chap ,🖕
Where do I say it is a he,yes you keep telling us you have shares in the club and the Trust but,only a very small stake.You may have paid to watch Newport County a 1000 times but,that was a different club and they went bankrupt.You very rarely visit RP so never mind the smokescreen and answer the question.Does this/ these informers expect you to make this information public and,do you think you are helping the club by making these statements.

Percy plunkett wrote: March 1st, 2023, 9:33 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 1st, 2023, 9:28 pm Percy,

Stop picking a stupid fight. Our club is up the creek and is badly mismanaged. Start worrying about that.
Just answer the question.
Yes I think I'm helping the club.

Gavin Foxall has presided over a culture of secrecy and bullying at Newport County. Last time this became known he slunk off to 'consider his position'. He didn't even have the guts to say it relying on some lacky or other. Newport County paid many thousands of pounds in compensation to employees

Now new allegations are made along the same lines. And once again our disappearing chairman is as silent as the grave.

So Percy, do you believe you're helping the club by trying to cover up?

No doubt Foxall is difficult to work with as many successful business people are (enough people have cited that individual as being the reason they left the club for it not to be simply nasty rumour) albeit it is a thankless task being a director of a football club. HOWEVER I don’t doubt our financial situation is no better or worse than 90% of clubs in our division so in as much as I’m a naturally cautious person I won’t be booking the hearse for Newport County FC just yet.