Email sent.

Dear Madam/Sir,

As I am sure you are aware certain matters are being discussed which if true would be exceptionally damaging to Newport County AFC. Directors of the Trust and/or Newport County owe a fiduciary duty to the Company and the shareholders in that company. That duty takes precedence over any individual interest. I am a shareholder of both Newport County AFC and the supporters trust.

The information I have been given is that a club employee XXXXXX has made serious allegations against the chair of Newport County Mr Gavin Foxall, which include that of bullying. Further to that XXXX has indicated s/he intends to litigate these matters in the civil courts. I make no comment as to the truth or otherwise of these allegations but understand that Mr Foxall has been informed that he is not to attend any game, meeting or function commensurate with his duties as director, chairman or official of Newport County.

In terms Mr Foxall has been suspended.

I should add I have also been informed that XXXXXX XXXXX XXXX. I make no enquiry as to that matter as I XXXXX XXXXX XXXXXX XXXX.

In my view this matter is so serious that it is improper for the directors of the Trust and or Football club to withhold this information.. likewise if this information is not correct, it is now widely believed and it would be incumbent on the trust/club to rebut this belief.

I look forward to your response. I will publish that response without comment. If you fail to respond I shall publish that you have failed to do so and invite others to make of it what they will.

Faithfully yours,

Brendan Halligan

Re: Email sent.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 1:52 am Dear Madam/Sir,

As I am sure you are aware certain matters are being discussed which if true would be exceptionally damaging to Newport County AFC. Directors of the Trust and/or Newport County owe a fiduciary duty to the Company and the shareholders in that company. That duty takes precedence over any individual interest. I am a shareholder of both Newport County AFC and the supporters trust.

The information I have been given is that a club employee XXXXXX has made serious allegations against the chair of Newport County Mr Gavin Foxall, which include that of bullying. Further to that XXXX has indicated s/he intends to litigate these matters in the civil courts. I make no comment as to the truth or otherwise of these allegations but understand that Mr Foxall has been informed that he is not to attend any game, meeting or function commensurate with his duties as director, chairman or official of Newport County.

I should add I have also been informed that XXXXXX XXXXX XXXX. I make no enquiry as to that matter as I XXXXX XXXXX XXXXXX XXXX.

In my view this matter is so serious that it is improper for the directors of the Trust and or Football club to withhold this information.. likewise if this information is not correct, it is now widely believed and it would be incumbent on the trust/club to rebut this belief.

I look forward to your response. I will publish that response without comment. If you fail to respond I shall publish that you have failed to do so and invite others to make of it what they will.

Faithfully yours,

Brendan Halligan

Was it so difficult to send that highly redacted, so as to be unfathomable email yourself? Why was it necessary to hide behind others for two days?

Mind at least you have signed your unfathomable email/letter this time, requesting clarification from others, how brave of you....

I will piss myself, if they respond with a highly redacted, unfathomable email in return.

Yours sincerely, Banginternet (pleb)

Hi Brendan,

A point of clarity needed please. Is this a copy of an email you sent previously, or is this the actual pm sent from here?

I make no other comment than this - we have a lot of issues with sponsors apparently leaving at the moment. I just hope our major sponsors are in touch with the club and know what is happening. If they get their information from social media such as here, that is not good. Not good at all.

pembsexile wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 7:06 am Hi Brendan,

A point of clarity needed please. Is this a copy of an email you sent previously, or is this the actual pm sent from here?

I make no other comment than this - we have a lot of issues with sponsors apparently leaving at the moment. I just hope our major sponsors are in touch with the club and know what is happening. If they get their information from social media such as here, that is not good. Not good at all.
Morning Mike,

I sent the email last night and posted on here shortly thereafter.

As I said it is for the club to respond or ignore. I await with interest.

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 6:51 am

Faithfully yours,

Brendan Halligan

Was it so difficult to send that highly redacted, so as to be unfathomable email yourself? Why was it necessary to hide behind others for two days?

Mind at least you have signed your unfathomable email/letter this time, requesting clarification from others, how brave of you....

I will piss myself, if they respond with a highly redacted, unfathomable email in return.

The email sent to the club was not redacted.

But thank you for recognising that unlike yourself I am not ashamed to use my real name.

Hi Pembs

Our principle sponsor has signed up for anotehr two years. It was announced recently. I have no idea about any others though

Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 11:26 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 6:51 am

Faithfully yours,

Brendan Halligan

The email sent to the club was not redacted.

But thank you for recognising that unlike yourself I am not ashamed to use my real name.
I notice that you're also not ashamed, to make out that the club should be answering your questions.

The information that you have provided, indicates that a member of staff has made an allegation regarding a director. Now for that allegation to investigated, it is right and proper for the person being accused, to step aside whilst the investigation continues. Now if what you have said is proven, then that is the time for the club to announce it's findings, along with what the next steps will be in the process.

However if the allegations are unproven, then it was a case of you publishing unsubstantiated accusations. A Barrister who practised in the English and Welsh legal system, who now presumably assists his wife who works in the Irish Legal system. Someone who should know that the club can't comment and possibly Prejudice what might lead to a legal hearing.

Likewise in your letter you have used the term holder of NCAFC trust shares. It was you who put up the explanation for why those trust shares were different to membership of the trust. So there is absolutely no reason for you to continue to try and confuse.

You have also mentioned that you believe that Gavin Foxall has stepped down due to discussion taking place with Jon Pratt and the trust directors, and that it indicates to you at least, that there has been a power shift, and that is why it is in the interests of the plebs to be told.

IMHO none off this is of interest to anyone other than those dealing with the alleged misconduct, and should properly wait until there is something to comment upon, if indeed there is anything to comment upon.

As such I would not expect the club to comment on what is likely to amount to unsubstantiated hearsay.

big baz wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 11:54 am

Hi Pembs

Our principle sponsor has signed up for anotehr two years. It was announced recently. I have no idea about any others though
Thanks Baz. I wasn’t aware of the principle sponsor news. That is very good to hear. I am only fully aware of a problem with one of our smaller sponsors.

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 12:17 pm

I notice that you're also not ashamed, to make out that the club should be answering your questions.

The information that you have provided, indicates that a member of staff has made an allegation regarding a director. Now for that allegation to investigated, it is right and proper for the person being accused, to step aside whilst the investigation continues. Now if what you have said is proven, then that is the time for the club to announce it's findings, along with what the next steps will be in the process.

However if the allegations are unproven, then it was a case of you publishing unsubstantiated accusations. A Barrister who practised in the English and Welsh legal system, who now presumably assists his wife who works in the Irish Legal system. Someone who should know that the club can't comment and possibly Prejudice what might lead to a legal hearing.

Likewise in your letter you have used the term holder of NCAFC trust shares. It was you who put up the explanation for why those trust shares were different to membership of the trust. So there is absolutely no reason for you to continue to try and confuse.

You have also mentioned that you believe that Gavin Foxall has stepped down due to discussion taking place with Jon Pratt and the trust directors, and that it indicates to you at least, that there has been a power shift, and that is why it is in the interests of the plebs to be told.

IMHO none off this is of interest to anyone other than those dealing with the alleged misconduct, and should properly wait until there is something to comment upon, if indeed there is anything to comment upon.

As such I would not expect the club to comment on what is likely to amount to unsubstantiated hearsay.
The issue at hand is not the guilt or innocence of Mr Foxall. The issue is that if the chairman of Newport County has been suspended that the shareholders of Newport County have an absolute right ro know that.

PC on his PC wrote:March 3rd, 2023, 12:43 pm You've named Gavin Foxall , why not name the person taking the court action ? .. Maybe i will 👍🏼
That is a matter for you.

Edit.

As I said in the email I have no idea as to the veracity of the allegations. The issue is that if the chairman of a limited company has been suspended the shareholders have a right to know.
Last edited by Stan A. Einstein on March 3rd, 2023, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GF could well be in a Simon Case situation. One of his duties according to Board Meeting Minutes is to report to the Board on Safeguarding. If a complaint has been made against him, he will have to stand aside to avoid a conflict of interests while the complaint is investigated.

If Sue Gary is prevented from becoming Stamer's CoS perhaps we can find a role for her

Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 12:36 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 12:17 pm

The issue at hand is not the guilt or innocence of Mr Foxall. The issue is that if the chairman of Newport County has been suspended that the shareholders of Newport County have an absolute right ro know that.
Again that is purely speculation, the right and proper thing to do when a person is accused of improper conduct in the workplace, is for that person to step aside voluntary, while an internal investigation takes place. For all we know if he has stepped aside from his normal duties, that could leave him free to discuss other matters with Jon Pratt in the meantime..........

Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 1:52 am

I make no comment as to the truth or otherwise of these allegations......

Sorry to quote myself but Bangitinthenet's , post rather misses the point.

There are only two possibilities. Either Mr Foxall has been suspended or he has not been. If he has been that is damaging to Newport County. If he has not been, the speculation that he has is damaging.

Either way the board of directors of Newport County have a fiduciary duty to end or limit this damage. Silence will only make things worse.

I think that you need a sponsor for your principles Stan. What you are doing by publishing conjecture, speculation, innuendo and redacted E mails is damaging the club you profess to love. Just shut up and wait until the club are able to make a statement. That is if there is any substance to these allegations at all. If it was in my power I would ban you from this messageboard before you do more damage.