Re: Exiles Grandstand: Salford

Percy plunkett wrote: March 4th, 2023, 5:22 pm Day kept us in front with two saves in the first half.Second best throughout the match with some lacklustre displays.The players probably read Einstein’s “ We are broke” rant and became fearful for their future so,thanks Stan for your contribution and continued attempts at undermining our club.
A little harsh perhaps to blame the defeat on Stan Einstein! 😂
Agree that Joe Day kept us in it with some good saves but the old problems caused our downfall. We can’t keep the football, we give it away like it’s made of Novichok.
Our passing in midfield or anywhere for that matter is poor and our crossing is worse as we never get it past the first defender unless we blast it over the stand.
Bogle missed another one on one today but Zanzala has done the same on other occasions, so we’re not finishing either. How then can we expect much improvement soon? None of that was down to a post on this message board by the way.😂
I think McNeill has had his chance for a bit, I’d start Kavanagh who looks sharper and although young I thought Rai acquitted himself well when he came on. Another tough trip on Tuesday - and a long journey too! If they get anything there if I was GC I’d stop off at Cleethorpes and treat them to some fish and chips for supper!
Last edited by lowandhard on March 4th, 2023, 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Percy plunkett wrote: March 4th, 2023, 5:22 pm Day kept us in front with two saves in the first half.Second best throughout the match with some lacklustre displays.The players probably read Einstein’s “ We are broke” rant and became fearful for their future so,thanks Stan for your contribution and continued attempts at undermining our club.
Percy,

Just in case you are in any doubt you have just made a total idiot of yourself.

Amberexile wrote: March 4th, 2023, 5:30 pm Why do we start and finish both halves every game second best by a mile. I'm sure Coughlan doesn't tell them to ho out and not bother andcthe switch off after 35 minutes but it so often looks like it. Then again the same was so under Rowberry
Because this season we signed average players with none of them adding any improvement to the squad. No players from the academy seem to break into the first side. I'm satisfied with Coughlan and what he's done with the players he's inherited and look forward to next season when he can bring in his own players.

fontague-smythe wrote: March 4th, 2023, 5:42 pm
Amberexile wrote: March 4th, 2023, 5:30 pm Why do we start and finish both halves every game second best by a mile. I'm sure Coughlan doesn't tell them to ho out and not bother andcthe switch off after 35 minutes but it so often looks like it. Then again the same was so under Rowberry
Because this season we signed average players with none of them adding any improvement to the squad. No players from the academy seem to break into the first side. I'm satisfied with Coughlan and what he's done with the players he's inherited and look forward to next season when he can bring in his own players.
I’m in total agreement with this. Survival is essential, Coughlan has done well with what he had. I’d like to see his side on the pitch, I think he’ll improve us markedly - at least I hope so!

Rai looked decent when he came on today

Percy plunkett wrote: March 4th, 2023, 6:00 pm So no thinks players read this mb or get wind of it,even when someone states that we are basically finished with no money,no hope and are doomed.Those posts inspired them do they.Yeah right.
I would hope that if a professional footballer read a message board with adverse comments on it, that it that he would either laugh it off with a shrug or spur him on to prove them wrong. If they took a defeatist attitude, they dont deserve to be playing league football.

lowandhard wrote: March 4th, 2023, 5:47 pm
I’m in total agreement with this. Survival is essential, Coughlan has done well with what he had. I’d like to see his side on the pitch, I think he’ll improve us markedly - at least I hope so!
I'm confident he could improve us; but believe he will face an uphill task to be able to afford/attract the players he knows we need to make us a top half of the table side. Some luck will also be required with the usual lottery of getting loanees who can be influential.

Exile 1976 wrote: March 4th, 2023, 6:38 pm
Percy plunkett wrote: March 4th, 2023, 6:00 pm So no thinks players read this mb or get wind of it,even when someone states that we are basically finished with no money,no hope and are doomed.Those posts inspired them do they.Yeah right.

Behave yourself, stop being silly
I remember you Exile.I was saying that Sheehan shouldn’t be playing so deep as he makes mistakes and does silly passes which will cost us.Exile said stop being silly Percy we won didn’t we,nothing to worry about.Then,Wembley,who was it that did a silly pass….

Percy plunkett wrote: March 4th, 2023, 6:47 pm
Exile 1976 wrote: March 4th, 2023, 6:38 pm

Behave yourself, stop being silly
I remember you Exile.I was saying that Sheehan shouldn’t be playing so deep as he makes mistakes and does silly passes which will cost us.Exile said stop being silly Percy we won didn’t we,nothing to worry about.Then,Wembley,who was it that did a silly pass….

That’s the same Sheehan who’s moved onward and upward? It’s how he plays, he likes dropping back to pick up the ball, every single footballer has, will make silly mistakes.
I remember you Percy, when you said that Ny Livermore would be playing in the Football League this season but sadly not for us.
Anyhoo, your pathetic post to Brendan really has made you look a complete and utter fool.