Re: Reply received.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: March 8th, 2023, 7:13 am Kelly Anderson has effectively confirmed that there is an ongoing issue, otherwise the opportunity would have been taken to firmly quash the rumours.
What I can’t comprehend is the length of time it is taking the Club to reach a conclusion. There are only a handful of employees yet this investigation seems to have already been ongoing for many weeks at least. That is not fair to those directly involved and as such now needs to be brought to a speedy conclusion.

However in issues of bullying it can often be the case that others may become emboldened enough to also step forward, which would possibly be, other than procrastination, a reason why matters have become rather protracted. That in itself could leave the Club in a quandary, particularly if any previous issues had just been swept under the carpet.
I think that you and „Pconhispc „ above, make some very good points. What I’m wondering about also is an issue regarding finances which was mentioned a few days ago. I’m wondering whether we have suddenly embraced Mr Pratt because we are broke, I say this because ( I forget where I saw it ) it was alleged that an attempt was made to dissuade Mr Pratt from an approach. Subsequently it is obvious that he has been accepted judging by his being co-opted to the board. Another question might be is that merely to help the financial management of the club or as a preamble to a takeover bid?

pembsexile wrote: March 8th, 2023, 7:26 am
Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 7th, 2023, 10:38 pm
Jack wrote: March 7th, 2023, 10:19 pm So...

What if we think it's in the public interest?

What then

Everyone knows the truth on this Jack

Fear not I shall continue to post.
Yep, always good to keep the site ‘traffic’ moving and the site ‘hits’ as high as possible.
I'm too old to remember who, but someone once said there was a difference between something being in the public interest and something being interesting to the public.

lowandhard wrote: March 8th, 2023, 9:41 am
Taunton Iron Cider wrote: March 8th, 2023, 7:13 am Kelly Anderson has effectively confirmed that there is an ongoing issue, otherwise the opportunity would have been taken to firmly quash the rumours.
What I can’t comprehend is the length of time it is taking the Club to reach a conclusion. There are only a handful of employees yet this investigation seems to have already been ongoing for many weeks at least. That is not fair to those directly involved and as such now needs to be brought to a speedy conclusion.

However in issues of bullying it can often be the case that others may become emboldened enough to also step forward, which would possibly be, other than procrastination, a reason why matters have become rather protracted. That in itself could leave the Club in a quandary, particularly if any previous issues had just been swept under the carpet.
I think that you and „Pconhispc „ above, make some very good points. What I’m wondering about also is an issue regarding finances which was mentioned a few days ago. I’m wondering whether we have suddenly embraced Mr Pratt because we are broke, I say this because ( I forget where I saw it ) it was alleged that an attempt was made to dissuade Mr Pratt from an approach. Subsequently it is obvious that he has been accepted judging by his being co-opted to the board. Another question might be is that merely to help the financial management of the club or as a preamble to a takeover bid?
Maybe I'm jumping way too far ahead, but if the latest figure I've read of the Trust owning 78.8% of the clubs ordinary shares is accurate, my maths tells me any individual(s) who wish to take a majority shareholding of the club will need to acquire at least 64% of those trust shares.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: March 8th, 2023, 5:35 pm
Jack wrote: March 8th, 2023, 5:27 pm This is getting a bit farcical now; we have a chairman who's been pretty much suspended pending an investigation.

We need to at very least appoint an interim in the meanwhile...
Isn’t that the role that Mr Madigan appears to be fulfilling?
I'm assuming so, but of course the silence remains maddingly deafening.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: March 8th, 2023, 5:44 pm
Jack wrote: March 8th, 2023, 5:27 pm This is getting a bit farcical now; we have a chairman who's been pretty much suspended pending an investigation.

Would you feel the same if someone who may not be in a position to continue with his role, fancied a bit of a payoff at the clubs expense?
Not suggesting this is anything like the truth, just playing devil's advocate.

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 8th, 2023, 6:19 pm

Would you feel the same if someone who may not be in a position to continue with his role, fancied a bit of a payoff at the clubs expense?

Whatever the hypothetical situation, given the amount of speculation, and the fact that the club chairman has been noticeably absent for many weeks, I still feel board are neglecting their responsibilities in not making a public statement on the matter, if only to squash speculation.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: March 8th, 2023, 7:22 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: March 8th, 2023, 6:19 pm

Whatever the hypothetical situation, given the amount of speculation, and the fact that the club chairman has been noticeably absent for many weeks, I still feel board are neglecting their responsibilities in not making a public statement on the matter, if only to squash speculation.
I understand what you are saying, but until the investigation is completed, and that is the external investigation as confirmed by Kelly Anderson's reply, then what exactly can they say?

*If* there is nothing in the allegations, surely the two parties involved are entitled to a fair enquiry, and for either/or both to return to their respective roles, even if the allegation is judged unproven?

The person sending the email, only wanted a response in regard to one party. He didn't mention the club being broke, or the chairman being moved due to a meeting regarding a potential takeover.............

The fact that you have to put a question mark on that is sign of all that is wrong with the board and communications structure at Newport County AFC, a fan owned club.

This is worse than a privately owned club... can you imagine it at any other club?

No, there'd be a statement out of respect for emotionally invested fans let alone invested shareholders.

Absolute ******* farce, the lot of it.

Jack wrote: March 8th, 2023, 9:09 pm

The fact that you have to put a question mark on that is sign of all that is wrong with the board and communications structure at Newport County AFC, a fan owned club.

This is worse than a privately owned club... can you imagine it at any other club?

No, there'd be a statement out of respect for emotionally invested fans let alone invested shareholders.

The absolute farce is everyone believing that one person is guilty on the basis of a disgruntled employee sending his accusations to someone who he knows will lap it up and churn it out.

We have seen it before, when he did the same with Redwood. He mentioned that in that case Redwood was awarded £15k. Well NCAFC were awarded £1 in the High Court and had to pay our own legal costs, when we won the restricted trade case against the FAW................

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 8th, 2023, 9:44 pm

The absolute farce is everyone believing that one person is guilty on the basis of a disgruntled employee sending his accusations to someone who he knows will lap it up and churn it out.

We have seen it before, when he did the same with Redwood. He mentioned that in that case Redwood was awarded £15k. Well NCAFC were awarded £1 in the High Court and had to pay our own legal costs, when we won the restricted trade case against the FAW................
Nice try. But I think you'll find an awful lot of people at Newport County are anxious that the truth gets out.

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 8th, 2023, 9:44 pm

The absolute farce IMO is that supporters do not know who is currently or interim chairman of the Newport County AFC, and indeed haven't done so for a number of weeks.

If there’s one thing we’re consistent about as a football club - and it’s been mentioned on here for many years, is the total lack of transparency. I think it minimises the trust and enthusiasm of fans in the football club.
My opinion is that if you inform and involve people they’re more likely to help you in your endeavours and hopefully successes. Not to act in such a way to me, is just plain stupid.

On the inquiry i agree with the way the club are handling it . The transparency on every other aspect of the club is
shocking . Our Media Mogul Director Kevin Ward should walk the plank for the total way he's none Diddly Squit , To improve the comms at the club .

lowandhard wrote: March 8th, 2023, 10:56 pm

If there’s one thing we’re consistent about as a football club - and it’s been mentioned on here for many years, is the total lack of transparency. I think it minimises the trust and enthusiasm of fans in the football club.
My opinion is that if you inform and involve people they’re more likely to help you in your endeavours and hopefully successes. Not to act in such a way to me, is just plain stupid.