Re: Reply received.

Blackandamber wrote: March 10th, 2023, 7:20 pm
TheElfInspector wrote: March 10th, 2023, 5:44 pm I have been a member of this message board for several years, having only posted my first two messages recently.

Reading the recent exchanges, this board has become nothing but a nursery playground due to a minority, as is usually the case. Somewhere between the one-upmanship, there lies interesting information, important debates worthy of further conversation and possibly of some concern for us supporters.

I regularly attend matches, know noone and use this group to gain a greater insight in all things County. What incentive do these messages give to encourage new supporters to sign up and contribute to the wider fan base, or maybe even volunteer (as I have in the past) and who knows may even put themselves forward on the board in the future.

I don't know Mr Hando personally or any of the exiles that have passed on to the stadium in the sky, may they all rest in peace. What I am fairly sure of, is that they would speak out against the disrespect being shown to each other. I'm not bothered if I dont ever post again but I certainly didn't sign up to see this.

So much for One Club, One County....
I agree with you Elfinspector. I've had enough of all the personal insults on this message board.
Strange isn't it how all those that think that owning RP is the answer, are all people who are likely to have benefitted from high House values.

We don't have many young people on here, who having gone to uni and run up a big debt, now want to live in a nice little home, but can't because the price is based on two earners, thinking I want the club to copy me.

Trigger wrote: March 10th, 2023, 5:13 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: March 10th, 2023, 12:40 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 10th, 2023, 11:39 am
whoareya wrote: March 10th, 2023, 11:09 am

I think any proactivity relates to the club being skint, in which case its actually reactivity.

They've all been ticking along whilst the Cup run money was rolling in and would probably still be doing so if the Cup runs and money had continued to flow.
My thoughts exactly. I would add that the Cup runs were always a temporary. Remember Colchester, Leeds and the Watney Cup? Sutton beating Coventry? Dickie Guy? (Leeds again) Yeovil at Sunderland? Walsall beating Arsenal in the 1930s? I could go on.

The sensible thing to do with an unexpected windfall is to invest it. In the knowledge that it won't happen year in year out.

Only complete idiots in charge of a lower League club would think great Cup runs would go on for ever.

🤔
Invest in what precisely?

NCAFC have a pitch suitable, and a stand suitable for away fans, and Electronic advertising suitable to pay for the former. So similar to Exeter who had cup runs but also huge sums from player sales. Exeter also stayed in the second division for 18 years, with the same manager for the majority of that time.
Training facilities? Like Exeter did!
Gifted to them in the will of a former chairman, not something that the trust paid for, but they have asked the fans to contribute to a £70k fund for fixtures and fittings.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: March 9th, 2023, 8:24 pm

Upon re-reading the trust board's constitutional statement I note that they are only committed to holding a meeting quarterly. Therefore as notes of minutes have only to date been published for January's meeting, which noticeably did not announce a date for the next meeting, it could mean that another official and minuted meeting will not be held until April.

My wild guess is that they are trying to hold out until the end of the season before making any announcements re. forward plans of ownership models.
If I have understood the process for issuing the minutes correctly, surely the February meeting has already taken place regardless of a date not being set in the January minutes?

As I understand it, the minutes are only issued after being approved at the following month's meeting. If so, for the January minutes to be issued, they will have been approved at the February meeting. Of course we won't know for sure until the February minutes are issued following the March meeting.

Happy to be told if that is incorrect but it seems that if not, there being no date for the February meeting in the January minutes is probably just an oversight with no further implications.

Amberexile wrote: March 11th, 2023, 1:24 am

Upon re-reading the trust board's constitutional statement I note that they are only committed to holding a meeting quarterly. Therefore as notes of minutes have only to date been published for January's meeting, which noticeably did not announce a date for the next meeting, it could mean that another official and minuted meeting will not be held until April.

My wild guess is that they are trying to hold out until the end of the season before making any announcements re. forward plans of ownership models.
If I have understood the process for issuing the minutes correctly, surely the February meeting has already taken place regardless of a date not being set in the January minutes?

As I understand it, the minutes are only issued after being approved at the following month's meeting. If so, for the January minutes to be issued, they will have been approved at the February meeting. Of course we won't know for sure until the February minutes are issued following the March meeting.

Happy to be told if that is incorrect but it seems that if not, there being no date for the February meeting in the January minutes is probably just an oversight with no further implications.
I agree with you regards the the process for issuing the minutes., but have no evidence that a minuted meeting has indeed taken place in February. Do you?
Neither am I assuming a minuted meeting will take place in March. Are you?
I know of no obligation on behalf of the board to hold monthly minuted meetings . Do you?
I simply don't know.

As with so many other matters we are being kept in the dark.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: March 11th, 2023, 7:51 am

I agree with you regards the the process for issuing the minutes., but have no evidence that a minuted meeting has indeed taken place in February. Do you?
I know of no obligation on behalf of the board to hold monthly minuted meetings . Do you?
I simply don't know.

Or a belief mindset..................

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 11th, 2023, 8:31 am

I simply don't know.

That is of course correct.
I do apologise though if I have unintentionally mislead anyone.
Having now re-read the trust's, club and community policy I do note that it is indeed their 'intention' but not necessarily obligation to hold monthly minuted meetings.
Perhaps I am guilty of being a little paranoid.
Although perhaps there is reason to be so.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: March 11th, 2023, 8:41 am

I simply don't know.

Having now re-read the trust's, club and community policy I do note that it is indeed their 'intention' but not necessarily obligation to hold monthly minuted meetings.
No need to apologise for holding an opinion, but to mention that you may be being a little paranoid is sometimes a difficult thing to recognise and then comment upon.

I simply don't know.

I can possibly buy into the idea of the Trust holding quarterly meetings but not the most important operational part, that being the Football Club Board.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: March 11th, 2023, 9:06 am

I simply don't know.

I can possibly buy into the idea of the Trust holding quarterly meetings but not the most important operational part, that being the Football Club Board.
Given that the club committee/ group/ board ( choose your own preferred description ), is responsible for the day to day running of the football club, your are undoubtedly correct. However as these meetings are not minuted we'll never know how often they take place.

I simply don't know.

Why not?

It's normal have board meetings quarterly.

You just shoot from the hip with random expectations without having any idea as to what is normal.
You just don't like the board or the way they go about things.

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 11th, 2023, 8:51 am
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: March 11th, 2023, 8:41 am

I simply don't know.

No need to apologise for holding an opinion, but to mention that you may be being a little paranoid is sometimes a difficult thing to recognise and then comment upon.
The apology was if I got my facts wrong about the obligation of the frequency of minuted and published Trust Board meetings, rather than opinion.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: March 11th, 2023, 9:53 am

I simply don't know.

Given that the club committee/ group/ board ( choose your own description ), is responsible for the day to day running of the football club, your are undoubtedly correct. However as these meetings are not minuted we'll never know how often they take place.
Don’t those meetings form an important part of the heavily abbreviated minutes that get released? Surely the Trust would also be arguably negligent in allowing a separate, and most important, group to operate without executive scrutiny?
Further there has to have been a Trust meeting in February as Jon Pratt’s appointment would have required approval.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: March 11th, 2023, 10:07 am

I simply don't know.

Given that the club committee/ group/ board ( choose your own description ), is responsible for the day to day running of the football club, your are undoubtedly correct. However as these meetings are not minuted we'll never know how often they take place.
Don’t those meetings form an important part of the heavily abbreviated minutes that get released? Surely the Trust would also be arguably negligent in allowing a separate, and most important, group to operate without executive scrutiny?
Further there has to have been a Trust meeting in February as Jon Pratt’s appointment would have required approval.
I can't see how your middle sandwiched sentence works, without the bread either side?

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 10th, 2023, 7:52 pm
Trigger wrote: March 10th, 2023, 5:13 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: March 10th, 2023, 12:40 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 10th, 2023, 11:39 am
whoareya wrote: March 10th, 2023, 11:09 am

I think any proactivity relates to the club being skint, in which case its actually reactivity.

They've all been ticking along whilst the Cup run money was rolling in and would probably still be doing so if the Cup runs and money had continued to flow.
My thoughts exactly. I would add that the Cup runs were always a temporary. Remember Colchester, Leeds and the Watney Cup? Sutton beating Coventry? Dickie Guy? (Leeds again) Yeovil at Sunderland? Walsall beating Arsenal in the 1930s? I could go on.

The sensible thing to do with an unexpected windfall is to invest it. In the knowledge that it won't happen year in year out.

Only complete idiots in charge of a lower League club would think great Cup runs would go on for ever.

🤔
Invest in what precisely?

NCAFC have a pitch suitable, and a stand suitable for away fans, and Electronic advertising suitable to pay for the former. So similar to Exeter who had cup runs but also huge sums from player sales. Exeter also stayed in the second division for 18 years, with the same manager for the majority of that time.
Training facilities? Like Exeter did!
Gifted to them in the will of a former chairman, not something that the trust paid for, but they have asked the fans to contribute to a £70k fund for fixtures and fittings.
Wasn't that more recent to upgrade it?

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: March 11th, 2023, 10:07 am

I simply don't know.

The football club group meeting(s) are reported to the Trust Board and form part of the redacted minutes. The Trust board are obliged to set out the scope and responsibilities of the football group in writing.
You make a good point re. Jon Pratt's co-option, and would agree that a meeting of the Trust board, with the required quorum would have had to approve his appointment. Likewise, probably Kelly Anderson's interim appointment as club manager and Trust secretary.
I'm hoping that my suspicions/paranoia are unfounded and that we will shortly see the minutes of February's meeting.