Isabel Oakeshott & the 'Lockdown Files'

Lots out there on this but suffice to say I think she is a heroine for releasing the 'lockdown files' clear the authorities got it badly wrong and far too few journalists & politicians raised questions about the egregious policies and as Isabel Oakeshott says (as I would say was the silent majority view) nobody was 'against' the initial lockdown but after we knew what we knew the fact that the powers that be doubled down on some of the wrong-headed and frankly bizarre policies (often simply to 'save face') at that point if became at best a farce at worst an abuse of power - no better illustrated than by our esteemed leader Drakey – see the ‘ban’ on attending outdoor sports events in Wales.

https://www.spiked-online.com/podcast-e ... own-files/

Re: Isabel Oakeshott & the 'Lockdown Files'

CathedralCounty wrote: March 10th, 2023, 10:30 am Lots out there on this but suffice to say I think she is a heroine for releasing the 'lockdown files' clear the authorities got it badly wrong and far too few journalists & politicians raised questions about the egregious policies and as Isabel Oakeshott says (as I would say was the silent majority view) nobody was 'against' the initial lockdown but after we knew what we knew the fact that the powers that be doubled down on some of the wrong-headed and frankly bizarre policies (often simply to 'save face') at that point if became at best a farce at worst an abuse of power - no better illustrated than by our esteemed leader Drakey – see the ‘ban’ on attending outdoor sports events in Wales.

Let's not kid ourselves about what a complete sh!t Oakeshott is. That said watching her tearing into another complete sh!t in Hancock is not without it's charm.

CathedralCounty wrote: March 10th, 2023, 10:30 am Lots out there on this but suffice to say I think she is a heroine for releasing the 'lockdown files' clear the authorities got it badly wrong and far too few journalists & politicians raised questions about the egregious policies and as Isabel Oakeshott says (as I would say was the silent majority view) nobody was 'against' the initial lockdown but after we knew what we knew the fact that the powers that be doubled down on some of the wrong-headed and frankly bizarre policies (often simply to 'save face') at that point if became at best a farce at worst an abuse of power - no better illustrated than by our esteemed leader Drakey – see the ‘ban’ on attending outdoor sports events in Wales.

While central government looked after their mates and businesses, Welsh government looked after businesses and their mates in sport. I. E. The large sums paid to the WRU for temp hospital facilities at the Principality Stadium, the Arms Park and Rodney Parade. Along with paying clubs like NCAFC for lost gates in full, at a time when vulnerable supporters were unwilling to risk attending.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 10th, 2023, 11:52 am

Let's not kid ourselves about what a complete sh!t Oakeshott is. That said watching her tearing into another complete sh!t in Hancock is not without it's charm.
I think she comes across as brave and principled

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 10th, 2023, 12:31 pm

While central government looked after their mates and businesses, Welsh government looked after businesses and their mates in sport. I. E. The large sums paid to the WRU for temp hospital facilities at the Principality Stadium, the Arms Park and Rodney Parade. Along with paying clubs like NCAFC for lost gates in full, at a time when vulnerable supporters were unwilling to risk attending.
The 'risk' having been inflated/conflated by a government backed campaign of terror ('don't kill granny').

Spiked emerged from Living Marxism, the magazine of the Revolutionary Communist Party (RCP)

whoareya wrote: March 10th, 2023, 2:21 pm

Spiked emerged from Living Marxism, the magazine of the Revolutionary Communist Party (RCP)
Not fussed it’s a good website which pricks the hypocrisy & pomposity of the ruling elite often skewering them for good measure