Re: Exiles Grandstand: Bradford City

G Guest wrote: March 11th, 2023, 6:55 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: March 11th, 2023, 6:42 pm
G Guest wrote: March 11th, 2023, 6:41 pm
Percy plunkett wrote: March 11th, 2023, 6:08 pm Bradford use all the tricks,play a pass and go down in case it goes to us,the ref was buying it throughout.Their big strikers giving a little shove as our guys try to win headers.Their strikers use their bodies and their physicality where we have Bogle who doesn’t,he is a pussy cat,how does he stay on 90 minutes.Evans was on less than 10 minutes yet managed two attempts at goal,Bogle had none,unless we count that pathetic attempt which set it up for Charlsley to shoot.All in all,happy with the commitment but it takes one of theirs to score for us,probably deserved to win but,it’s either defenders or og’s for us,no forward looking likely to score.Finally,what about their keeper catching it outside of the D,how is it not red.Worst ref in a long time.
How could the ref give a red card to a player who had made an honest mistake caused by a pitch marking that should not have been on a football pitch. The rules of the game may require a sending off but they also say that that line shouldn't be there. In my opinion the referee did the right thing.

I think that the Dragons have finished their fixtures at RP so hopefully the ground staff will be able to run a mower over the rugby lines and get rid them.
If it was a genuine mistake why did he caution him
Do you really think that he deliberately picked the ball up (nonchalantly as it happens) when he was unchallenged under no pressure. He picked the ball up because he thought that the 22 line was the 18 yard line. Absolutely no doubt about it. I've seen it happen before by our goalkeeper in a Newport AFC friendly played at Abertillery Park many years ago. The referee just gave a free kick saying that the line shouldn't be on the pitch and he wasn't sending the keeper off.
Why then did the ref place the free kick outside the 22 line. Even if the keeper thought that was the goal area he still handled outside that

G Guest wrote: March 11th, 2023, 6:55 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: March 11th, 2023, 6:42 pm
Percy plunkett wrote: March 11th, 2023, 6:08 pm Bradford use all the tricks,play a pass and go down in case it goes to us,the ref was buying it throughout.Their big strikers giving a little shove as our guys try to win headers.Their strikers use their bodies and their physicality where we have Bogle who doesn’t,he is a pussy cat,how does he stay on 90 minutes.Evans was on less than 10 minutes yet managed two attempts at goal,Bogle had none,unless we count that pathetic attempt which set it up for Charlsley to shoot.All in all,happy with the commitment but it takes one of theirs to score for us,probably deserved to win but,it’s either defenders or og’s for us,no forward looking likely to score.Finally,what about their keeper catching it outside of the D,how is it not red.Worst ref in a long time.
How could the ref give a red card to a player who had made an honest mistake caused by a pitch marking that should not have been on a football pitch. The rules of the game may require a sending off but they also say that that line shouldn't be there. In my opinion the referee did the right thing.

I think that the Dragons have finished their fixtures at RP so hopefully the ground staff will be able to run a mower over the rugby lines and get rid them.
If it was a genuine mistake why did he caution him
Do you really think that he deliberately picked the ball up (nonchalantly as it happens) when he was unchallenged under no pressure. He picked the ball up because he thought that the 22 line was the 18 yard line. Absolutely no doubt about it. I've seen it happen before by our goalkeeper in a Newport AFC friendly played at Abertillery Park many years ago. The referee just gave a free kick saying that the line shouldn't be on the pitch and he wasn't sending the keeper off.
I'd say over 50% of fouls are genuine mistakes

Teams warm up for 30-40 minutes before the game they should know that the green lines ain't anything to do with football

G Guest wrote: March 11th, 2023, 3:58 pm That 22 metre line should not be on the pitch.
It's quite common these days for both football and rugby markings to be on a pitch simultaneously, with the non-applicable set of markings covered with blue or green paint. This even happens on pitches used for international matches, viz. Italy v Wales in Rome today, which as well as being used for rugby internationals, also plays host to Roma and Lazio games.

How could the ref give a red card to a player who had made an honest mistake caused by a pitch marking that should not have been on a football pitch? It would have been unjust. The rules of the game may require a sending off but they also say that that line shouldn't be there. In my opinion the referee did the right thing.

But it is green,not white,it’s been like that for 10 years and will be there for many more.

Surely if the pitch has been deemed suitable for dual codes, then that's the end of it. At the start of the game the referee must so pass the pitch as playable in all aspects. It was a 'genuine error' by the goalkeeper but nonetheless that's no excuse. I guess the referee decided that it didn't prevent a goalscoring opportunity. A question for all our referees. Does the ref have three options for a deliberate handball outside the box? Red/yellow (or no card, or is it an obligatory red?

excessbee wrote: March 11th, 2023, 8:05 pm Surely if the pitch has been deemed suitable for dual codes, then that's the end of it. At the start of the game the referee must so pass the pitch as playable in all aspects. It was a 'genuine error' by the goalkeeper but nonetheless that's no excuse. I guess the referee decided that it didn't prevent a goalscoring opportunity. A question for all our referees. Does the ref have three options for a deliberate handball outside the box? Red/yellow (or no card, or is it an obligatory red?
My understanding.

Denying goalscoring opportunity = Red
Cynical = Yellow.
Otherwise just a free kick.

From where I was the green lines were far from green when looking directly down them. It's just like the pitch sometimes looks bowling green thick from some angles, but when directly close up to it there's plenty of areas that are thinning out.

We know the egg lines are there but away teams don't and there were also dotted lines in each end that had hardly any colour on them at all.

Sorry, but that handball decision was laughable. Our striker was within 7 or 8 yards of the keeper when he had it in his hands.

Complete bottle job from the ref.

I find it hard to believe we wouldn't have won that game comfortably with a man advantage, we were the most likely to win it 11 v 11.

Bradford were efficient and clearly have some very good players, I hope they go up as if they don't they'll just be up there again next year when we're better.