Re: Exiles Grandstand: Bradford City

If a professional goalkeeper isn't positionally aware enough to know he's about 5 yards outside his box, there's no hope.

An innocent mistake it might have been, but so is handling the ball on the line or clipping someone's heels when they're through on goal.

It was a sending off and only the most ardent Bradford fan could argue otherwise.

I thought at the time, we were cheated by the referee, albeit saying that, if the keeper was deemed to have made a genuine mistake, why yellow card him?............................ I must admit, albeit we lost our last home game to Sutton, and only claimed a point today, I have enjoyed both games, whereon both occasions we have deserved better results ! I would really like to see GC with a team that he assembles.....I think he is a very good, shrewd manager, who shows sincere humility, with Nous, and look forward to settling some jangling nerves, by comfortably retaining our league status, sooner rather than later, so we can look forward to hopefully a Much Brighter future, both on and off the pitch !

mike wilks wrote: March 12th, 2023, 12:36 am I thought at the time, we were cheated by the referee, albeit saying that, if the keeper was deemed to have made a genuine mistake, why yellow card him?............................ I must admit, albeit we lost our last home game to Sutton, and only claimed a point today, I have enjoyed both games, whereon both occasions we have deserved better results ! I would really like to see GC with a team that he assembles.....I think he is a very good, shrewd manager, who shows sincere humility, with Nous, and look forward to settling some jangling nerves, by comfortably retaining our league status, sooner rather than later, so we can look forward to hopefully a Much Brighter future, both on and off the pitch !
Don't disagree with this, but would express caution about GC and being able to 'assemble his team'. Don't believe he will be given the resources to make wholesale changes to the squad, and indeed has referred on more than one occasion to be looking forward to a pre-season with 'these players' with an addition of 1or 2 others.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: March 12th, 2023, 7:52 am
mike wilks wrote: March 12th, 2023, 12:36 am I thought at the time, we were cheated by the referee, albeit saying that, if the keeper was deemed to have made a genuine mistake, why yellow card him?............................ I must admit, albeit we lost our last home game to Sutton, and only claimed a point today, I have enjoyed both games, whereon both occasions we have deserved better results ! I would really like to see GC with a team that he assembles.....I think he is a very good, shrewd manager, who shows sincere humility, with Nous, and look forward to settling some jangling nerves, by comfortably retaining our league status, sooner rather than later, so we can look forward to hopefully a Much Brighter future, both on and off the pitch !
Don't disagree with this, but would express caution about GC and being able to 'assemble his team'. Don't believe he will be given the resources to make wholesale changes to the squad, and indeed has referred on more than one occasion to be looking forward to a pre-season with 'these players' with an addition of 1or 2 others.
Yes I noticed that, he’s said it before so it makes me think he’s been made aware of what his transfer budget ( or rather its absence ) will be and is tailoring his expectations.