Inclusion room at RP?

Interesting segment on EFL highlights on this one, I do feel a space for those with dementia/cognitive/neurological issues might be useful-wouldn’t be beyond the wit of club to repurpose a space for this. No sympathy expected nor sought but I have and have had issues in the past and while I present as “normal” for a period last season I found myself getting very anxious in the ground to a point where I didn’t want to attend, more so because I knew my behaviour was getting (compared the way I feel I should be behaving) erratic. I’m much better now and do find a pint (just the one Mrs Wembley) takes the edge off as does a pre match chat with people I know and respect BUT myself and others at times (given our different “wiring”) could do with a space if things get too much.

Re: Inclusion room at RP?

rncfc wrote: March 12th, 2023, 12:17 pm I'd love something like that if it's achievable. Would love to bring my youngest along but his different wiring would make it extremely difficult unfortunately.

Would be a big ask though at RP I think. Not sure where you'd put it.
If Newport County are to become a truly inclusive club this is exactly the sort of post we should pick up upon. I have no way of knowing nor is it any business of mine what difficulties your son has, but he is as much part of our community as anyone. And should not be denied the opportunity of attending a football match.

Jack wrote: March 12th, 2023, 2:22 pm "Best we can do for you is a bus stop out in the pissing rain in the corner of the south stand I'm afraid"
Don't think that comment is warranted for something that must have been difficult to post frankly. I do however notice that there is a room above the changing rooms and an office above the 100 club in the Bisley. Not saying they are not in use presently, however perhaps even part of the 100 club could be separated out and used.

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 12th, 2023, 2:41 pm
Jack wrote: March 12th, 2023, 2:22 pm "Best we can do for you is a bus stop out in the pissing rain in the corner of the south stand I'm afraid"
Don't think that comment is warranted for something that must have been difficult to post frankly. I do however notice that there is a room above the changing rooms and an office above the 100 club in the Bisley. Not saying they are not in use presently, however perhaps even part of the 100 club could be separated out and used.
Is a bit crass but perhaps it misunderstanding? They may mean the disabled stand (which is a poor effort I agree).

CathedralCounty wrote: March 12th, 2023, 4:07 pm Isn’t there an educational room at back of bisley at away fan end (near 100 club)? No promises but I might contact the club on this, thanks for positive comments & ideas…let’s see if club can do anything in time for next season.
Yes I believe that is so, and at one time the Friends of Newport Rugby wanted to use the room as a museum to Newport Rugby. However as it doesn't have a view of the pitch, would a TV screen be the type of half way house that you'd recommend, or am I over thinking things.

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 12th, 2023, 4:22 pm
CathedralCounty wrote: March 12th, 2023, 4:07 pm Isn’t there an educational room at back of bisley at away fan end (near 100 club)? No promises but I might contact the club on this, thanks for positive comments & ideas…let’s see if club can do anything in time for next season.
Yes I believe that is so, and at one time the Friends of Newport Rugby wanted to use the room as a museum to Newport Rugby. However as it doesn't have a view of the pitch, would a TV screen be the type of half way house that you'd recommend, or am I over thinking things.
These rooms are more of a pre match space as well as being a refuge during the game if things get too much so a view of the pitch is not a dealbreaker.

If I was you (which I am not before anyone suggests it 😂), I would go ahead and suggest it then to the club. Obviously they then have to discuss it with RP, and if seen as practical and suitable for all parties, why not? Seems a good solution to me for what is something that some would just not grasp is an issue in any way.

CathedralCounty wrote: March 12th, 2023, 11:02 am Interesting segment on EFL highlights on this one, I do feel a space for those with dementia/cognitive/neurological issues might be useful-wouldn’t be beyond the wit of club to repurpose a space for this. No sympathy expected nor sought but I have and have had issues in the past and while I present as “normal” for a period last season I found myself getting very anxious in the ground to a point where I didn’t want to attend, more so because I knew my behaviour was getting (compared the way I feel I should be behaving) erratic. I’m much better now and do find a pint (just the one Mrs Wembley) takes the edge off as does a pre match chat with people I know and respect BUT myself and others at times (given our different “wiring”) could do with a space if things get too much.
It's a good point. I often take my Dad who suffers from Dementia so I have experience of what that's like on a matchday and to be fair I've not had any issues. I find the Hazel seated section is better than the Bisley for general access (you don't have to go through a turnstile for example).