Season Tickets

I have seen on other forums that other clubs in our division have started releasing and selling season tickets for next season...as per we haven't heard a word off the club about ours.

Bradford City
2023/24 ‘EARLY-BIRD’ SEASON TICKET PRICES - UNTIL 11.59PM ON SUNDAY APRIL 23:

Adult (24-64): £198 (DD: £19.80pcm)

Senior (65+): £174 (DD: £17.40pcm)

Young Person (17-23): £174 (DD: £17.40pcm)

Youth (12-16): £126 (DD: £12.60pcm)

Junior (11-): £30 (DD: £3pcm)

Suite upgrades are additional £60-£180. Limited to around 2,000 seats.
Prices are FROZEN across all age categories
Prices will increase after Sunday April 23
10-month interest-free direct debit available
Suite upgrade prices increase for upcoming season

Walsall
Are raising their prices by 20% Early bird prices are £410 ....after that rising to £527 ( in their TILE CHOICE stand)

Swindon have upped their match day price to £27 for home and away fans ( pay on the day)

Barrow is £330

Orient are charging £720 in their 'posh bit, where you get Padded seats and a free programme.

Re: Season Tickets

So 5 clubs, all of whom are guaranteed or virtually guaranteed to be in the EFL next season, have announced season ticket prices.
And that’s a stick to beat the club with? Unbelievable.
The other 18 who haven’t done it yet must be sh1t as well.

excessbee wrote: March 12th, 2023, 10:11 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 12th, 2023, 9:41 pm
excessbee wrote: March 12th, 2023, 6:13 pm As soon as they go on sale, just wait for someone to post a complaint that we aren't offering an earlybird price.
Followed shortly afterwards with you pointing it out. :grin:
Won't be any need for that, I've done so in advance. The old adage of 'get your retaliation in first'. :lol:
Years ago I really did have a rugby coach from Llanelli who said that it wasn't just about getting your retaliation in first. It was about getting your retaliation in before the opposition had even thought about fouling you.

Jonesy3 wrote: March 12th, 2023, 5:58 pm So 5 clubs, all of whom are guaranteed or virtually guaranteed to be in the EFL next season, have announced season ticket prices.
No there are other teams that I have seen publish that they are already selling / planning ( publishing the prices) for next seasons tickets already. The ones I put up were examples. We are still in the dark as to when they will go on sale and the price rang.

Gillingham have dropped their price..( they are below us and not safe ) OK they may go down but if they don't then their fans will be happy

Barrow is staying the same as this year

Swindon's have gone up ...I also posted that they are charging a ridiculous charge of £27 for pay on the day and away fans ( to watch them as an away fan costs more than a Premier League away fan pays

Mansfield do the same as what I expect us to do. The fan who posted said he was told that the price would be the same as this season..

So thats 9 so far...

As someone posted ......We didnt start selling until June 1st 2022 for this season.

If the club had them on sale now at say £300 they could offer paying that in 15 interest free instalments of £20 rather than 10 of £30...In these hard times that may be a better option to sell more , giving the club a better idea for next seasons budget ???? ( That £300 was just an example as I have no idea as to how much the BOD will set the prices at)

neilcork68 wrote: March 12th, 2023, 10:59 pm
Jonesy3 wrote: March 12th, 2023, 5:58 pm So 5 clubs, all of whom are guaranteed or virtually guaranteed to be in the EFL next season, have announced season ticket prices.
No there are other teams that I have seen publish that they are already selling / planning ( publishing the prices) for next seasons tickets already. The ones I put up were examples. We are still in the dark as to when they will go on sale and the price rang.

Gillingham have dropped their price..( they are below us and not safe ) OK they may go down but if they don't then their fans will be happy

Barrow is staying the same as this year

Swindon's have gone up ...I also posted that they are charging a ridiculous charge of £27 for pay on the day and away fans ( to watch them as an away fan costs more than a Premier League away fan pays

Mansfield do the same as what I expect us to do. The fan who posted said he was told that the price would be the same as this season..

So thats 9 so far...

As someone posted ......We didnt start selling until June 1st 2022 for this season.

If the club had them on sale now at say £300 they could offer paying that in 15 interest free instalments of £20 rather than 10 of £30...In these hard times that may be a better option to sell more , giving the club a better idea for next seasons budget ???? ( That £300 was just an example as I have no idea as to how much the BOD will set the prices at)

Who would be the person with responsibility for putting a range of options to the board, with the associated projected financial implications? Would it be the acting General Manager or someone else?

While the idea of 15 interest free payments would be attractive, does it assist the club in getting money in? What happens if you issue the season ticket giving access and the holder has to stop paying at some point? What happens to the queue at the turnstiles if arguments ensue as a result?
To me it is not a straightforward decision, and while it looks an attractive proposition, could be problematic. I would like to see evidence from our ticketing system providers that something has worked well elsewhere, before NCAFC leap into the dark.
Also leaping into the dark are those who set their budget for next season before knowing what other teams have proposed and the likely effect. I would think that the teams that have done so already know what their budget will be set at, regardless of ticket projections. Can we do that as a club without risking dipping into financial reserves that are there to smooth out curves in expenditure?
I don't know the answers, hence the questions.

As we are supposed to be a PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL CLUB I would have thought a thing like season tickets would be one of the top priorities for the club that rely on the income that season tickets bring in...Someone should be responsible for it , surely ?
It was an example of pricing I posted...In these hard times surely the club could look at options of trying to help out fans who are having a hard time financially but want to commit to buying tickets but budgets are stretched....It could be the difference for some who cant afford buying under the current set up of a shorter payment plan but may be able to under a longer plan ??
As a professional outfit I would have thought we would be pro active as an organisation rather than wait and see what other companies do

neilcork68 wrote: March 13th, 2023, 9:07 am As we are supposed to be a PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL CLUB I would have thought a thing like season tickets would be one of the top priorities for the club that rely on the income that season tickets bring in...Someone should be responsible for it , surely ?
It was an example of pricing I posted...In these hard times surely the club could look at options of trying to help out fans who are having a hard time financially but want to commit to buying tickets but budgets are stretched....It could be the difference for some who cant afford buying under the current set up of a shorter payment plan but may be able to under a longer plan ??
As a professional outfit I would have thought we would be pro active as an organisation rather than wait and see what other companies do
A lesson from history.

In 1976 Bradford City were struggling in Division 4. Their average League gate was 2,916. Valley Parade held 23,000 spectators. They did go on a bit of a Cup run and in the 4th round 21,000 fans packed the ground to see them beat Tooting and Mitcham. In the 5th Round they went to Norwich and won. Thus giving Bradford City a home quarter final to Southampton.

The chairman of Bradford decided to cash in. Ticket prices were tripled, to stand on their Spion Cop would not cost 65p but £1-50. (This is 1976 remember.) No concessions for children, pensioners, unemployed. Fair enough you might think. Fans of both clubs felt otherwise. So having been watched by 21,000 in the 4th round against non League opposition, against First Division Southampton in the quarter final the crowd was 14,195.

Two lessons from history really. Firstly Newport's 4,000+ average crowd as a struggling tier 4 club, compares very well with Bradford City. Secondly make football affordable and more people will watch.

Who would be the person with responsibility for putting a range of options to the board, with the associated projected financial implications? Would it be the acting General Manager or someone else?

Is that the BOD where the Chairman is AWOL ?
Is that the club that has an 'acting General Manager?'