Re: Cheltenham 2023

This time next week as a result of gambling addiction in the UK 10 more people will have taken their own lives. 10 families will be torn to pieces.
Corals, Labrokes, Paddy Power et al will tell people to stop when the fun stops. Corals, Labrokes, Paddy Power etc will continue to offer free bets to tempt in the mugs. They will make massive profits and for them the fun will never stop.

llanwern exile wrote: March 14th, 2023, 10:45 am Morning all!! got my treble sorted for today,

Fantastikas, Twiston Davies 2 50
Epatante Nicky Henderson 4 10
Sir Allen Andrew Slattery 4 50

EW of course
My missus works the festival every year and the box she works is owned by the mastersons who are owners and have very good connections, its not very often they give her a tip but today they gave her Fastorslow in the 2 50 so i may have a fiver on that also, good luck everyone.
Bloody good call that one mate. The horse was just unlucky, beaten by a neck I think.

pembsexile wrote: March 14th, 2023, 3:00 pm
llanwern exile wrote: March 14th, 2023, 10:45 am Morning all!! got my treble sorted for today,

EW of course
My missus works the festival every year and the box she works is owned by the mastersons who are owners and have very good connections, its not very often they give her a tip but today they gave her Fastorslow in the 2 50 so i may have a fiver on that also, good luck everyone.
Bloody good call that one mate. The horse was just unlucky, beaten by a neck I think.
Well Mike, I am as blunt with my friends as I am with my enemies.

Bloody good call indeed. Especially if you name is Joe Coral, William Hill or Paddy Power.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 14th, 2023, 3:12 pm

EW of course

Bloody good call indeed. Especially if you name is Joe Coral, William Hill or Paddy Power.
Well Brendan, perhaps I should be blunt as well. This thread is primarily about horses so I think I will get on my high one and tell people my view.

You have made anti gambling comments on numerous threads over the years, no problem there. Indeed, you have made two comments on this thread. People have no misunderstanding of your view on the topic, you have been quite clear. My view is that I took a day AL and just thought I would share my Cheltenham view with like minded people. This has happened over the past 5/6 years or so.

There are many problems/addictions in the world as well as gambling. Drug addiction, alcohol addiction, violence addiction and even sex addiction. These problems will not be surmounted by making a comment on the Newport County unofficial messageboard.

I’d like to suggest that if you feel that strongly about it, why don’t you start an anti gambling thread of your own. I doubt that I will be commenting on it.

pembsexile wrote: March 14th, 2023, 3:55 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 14th, 2023, 3:12 pm

EW of course

Well Brendan, perhaps I should be blunt as well. This thread is primarily about horses so I think I will get on my high one and tell people my view.

You have made anti gambling comments on numerous threads over the years, no problem there. Indeed, you have made two comments on this thread. People have no misunderstanding of your view on the topic, you have been quite clear. My view is that I took a day AL and just thought I would share my Cheltenham view with like minded people. This has happened over the past 5/6 years or so.

There are many problems/addictions in the world as well as gambling. Drug addiction, alcohol addiction, violence addiction and even sex addiction. These problems will not be surmounted by making a comment on the Newport County unofficial messageboard.

I’d like to suggest that if you feel that strongly about it, why don’t you start an anti gambling thread of your own. I doubt that I will be commenting on it.
Well said Mike! yes close but no coconut for fastorslow, by the way what a horse is constitution hill, i have been a NH fan for more than 50 years and he is one of the best i have ever seen.

My views on gambling are well known. But being a libertarian if adults want to gamble, it is not for me to stop them.

However putting up adverts from gambling companies on this board which is read by boys and very young men strikes me as totally wrong

Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 14th, 2023, 6:59 pm

My views on gambling are well known. But being a libertarian if adults want to gamble, it is not for me to stop them.

However putting up adverts from gambling companies on this board which is read by boys and very young men strikes me as totally wrong
Well, I am not going to condone the promoting of adverts on this site. However, is that what really happened? I think the key word is intent. Jim put up an initial post to explain his bet, then after he was asked a question, he posted up another bet slip. My opinion is that there was no intent whatsoever on Jim part to advertise, none at all. From a purely logical side, it happened. However from an emotional side, there was no intent to advertise from Jim, none at all. Classic case of logic v emotion. I thought you would have seen that. Mr Spock v Captain Kirk. Kirk always wins.

Morning all. What a day yesterday. As Llanwern Exile has mentioned, Constitution Hill must be one of the best horses seen at Cheltenham. He is a superstar. Anyway, on to today.

I was only going to have another two bets today but after my little profit yesterday, I am now doing three. These are my horses today:

13.30 Good land. This horse comes from the same connections that won the opener yesterday.
14.50 Sa Fureur. Each way. Not totally confident on this one but a good ew bet I think.
15.30 Editeur du Gite. Good ew bet I reckon.

pembsexile wrote: March 15th, 2023, 8:44 am

Well, I am not going to condone the promoting of adverts on this site. However, is that what really happened? I think the key word is intent. Jim put up an initial post to explain his bet, then after he was asked a question, he posted up another bet slip. My opinion is that there was no intent whatsoever on Jim part to advertise, none at all. From a purely logical side, it happened. However from an emotional side, there was no intent to advertise from Jim, none at all. Classic case of logic v emotion. I thought you would have seen that. Mr Spock v Captain Kirk. Kirk always wins.
Mike my only intent was to be helpful

If I see a promotion I pass it on just like the lidl and Asda app promotion I passed on few weeks back

In this life we all make choices now I've got a little hobby of looking for bookies offers and quite frankly abusing them

My Mrs runs our bank account she knows that I bring in small amounts and transfers from one bookies winnings to another account so I'm sure if I was losing she'd have something to say

I'm up on every account I have I even have a badge of honour being banned from skyvagas promotions all because I wasn't putting money in just taking out I've learnt my lesson now with my other seven bookies put my winnings in from other accounts 🙃

UPTHEPORT wrote: March 15th, 2023, 10:20 am

If I see a promotion I pass it on just like the lidl and Asda app promotion I passed on few weeks back

In this life we all make choices now I've got a little hobby of looking for bookies offers and quite frankly abusing them

My Mrs runs our bank account she knows that I bring in small amounts and transfers from one bookies winnings to another account so I'm sure if I was losing she'd have something to say

I'm up on every account I have I even have a badge of honour being banned from skyvagas promotions all because I wasn't putting money in just taking out I've learnt my lesson now with my other seven bookies put my winnings in from other accounts 🙃
Yeh I get that Jim and I hope I made it clear that I think there was no intent at advertising on your part. Good luck with your hobby mate. Anyone that can get something over on the bookies gets my vote. I managed it once. Apologies if I have mentioned this before.

A few years ago Ladbrokes were offering a deal. Bet £10 and get 3 free bets. They hadn’t considered what they were offering. I duly bet my £10 on a footy game and won a modest bet. Nice. I waited for the correct footy game to come up and when it did I put 3 bets all on the same game, all Ladbrokes money. There were only three outcomes so I was bound to win with their money. I was approx £18 up on that. It wasn’t the money, it was the fact that I got one over on the bookies. Bloody lovely.

Quick question. If yr missus controls yr account how do you put yr other bets on with yr other seven accounts. Curious on that one. I like it.

pembsexile wrote: March 15th, 2023, 12:35 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: March 15th, 2023, 10:20 am

Yeh I get that Jim and I hope I made it clear that I think there was no intent at advertising on your part. Good luck with your hobby mate. Anyone that can get something over on the bookies gets my vote. I managed it once. Apologies if I have mentioned this before.

A few years ago Ladbrokes were offering a deal. Bet £10 and get 3 free bets. They hadn’t considered what they were offering. I duly bet my £10 on a footy game and won a modest bet. Nice. I waited for the correct footy game to come up and when it did I put 3 bets all on the same game, all Ladbrokes money. There were only three outcomes so I was bound to win with their money. I was approx £18 up on that. It wasn’t the money, it was the fact that I got one over on the bookies. Bloody lovely.

Quick question. If yr missus controls yr account how do you put yr other bets on with yr other seven accounts. Curious on that one. I like it.
Well I do have a debit card all linked to our joint account and of course PayPal

That's a cracker with Ladbroke Mike

There was a blip the other day on WH my match was in 93 minute they offered me 6p cash out treble one team down by two goals then 95 minutes they offered 1.01 I clicked and got it OK only small but hey

Good Afternoon
I’ll join in now I’ve had a winner!
Nothing much back from first two days but £1 e/w on Sire du Berlais at 33/1 sees me ok
Regards Jim’s contribution on this subject I respect he is only sharing info for those interested. I don’t believe anyone will take up gambling on his offerings. I only have a Ladbrokes account and to be honest haven’t got the will, or the time to chase down all the offers elsewhere. I have a weeks holiday to watch the Cheltenham festival, and I enjoy a small wager to go with that.
It is more about the winning rather than the amount of money won. More importantly accepting that one’s hobby will more than likely have a financial cost, as do many other hobbies.

Phil in Northampton