Re: Exiles Grandstand: Newport v Wimbledon

excessbee wrote: March 15th, 2023, 8:28 am Well, the point last night was thoroughly deserved, because Wimbledon were just as bad as us. Our plan from the off seemed to be to launch the ball up the pitch with no particular plan of where it was going to land. Only Aaron Lewis seemed to have any ability to control the ball. Much better after the substitutions. There is so much more physicality in Evans than McNeil. We do need a couple of confident midfield players, although I thought Wildig's short contribution was positive.
Agree with that summary.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: March 15th, 2023, 8:04 am One of the few surprising positives from last night was the 4000+ attendance for a Tues night game.
Bodes well for the future if we ever return to a team fighting for a top 7 spot.
Definitely. We appear to have established ourselves as a football league club again and secured a generation of lost supporters.

Hopefully a top 7 sort of season will see us push on to 6k+, which is unbelievable given where we've come from.

For 2023- our scoring statistics
Opponents Half time Full Time Scorers
Swindon 0 2 FB St
Barrow 0 1 CD
Stevenage 1 2 St + penalty
Walsall 0 1 FB
Hartlepool 0 1 CD
Sutton 0 0
Salford 1 1 MF
Grimsby 0 1 CD
Bradford 0 1 og
Wimbledon 0 1 MF

Only 2 goals scored in the first half this year.
Scorers from open play (penalty excluded):
FB (Full back/winger) : 2
ST (Striker) : 2
CD (central defender) : 3
MF (mid fielder) : 2
og (Own Goal) : 1

Penalty : 1

Total 11 goals in 10 matches

rncfc wrote: March 15th, 2023, 8:41 am
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: March 15th, 2023, 8:04 am One of the few surprising positives from last night was the 4000+ attendance for a Tues night game.
Bodes well for the future if we ever return to a team fighting for a top 7 spot.
Definitely. We appear to have established ourselves as a football league club again and secured a generation of lost supporters.

Hopefully a top 7 sort of season will see us push on to 6k+, which is unbelievable given where we've come from.

Please don't come on here Richy with a positive post it's most unbecoming

Apparently the club is on its arse we're millions in debt and the chairman has done a runner to Bermuda

UPTHEPORT wrote: March 15th, 2023, 11:04 am

Apparently the club is on its arse we're millions in debt and the chairman has done a runner to Bermuda
No Jim.

The club are not millions in debt. The money from the Cup runs has all been spent. No the chairman has not done a runner. The chairman has been asked to stay away from the club pending the outcome of further accusations made against him. I know your post was sarcastic, but frankly two months down the line there will be posters on here who will say I did make those claims.

On substance a 4000+ crowd on a cold March evening, in a dead rubber of a game in League 2, is not bad. With a city the size of Newport it shows what can be done if we only had the confidence to believe in ourselves.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 15th, 2023, 11:54 am

No Jim.

The club are not millions in debt. The money from the Cup runs has all been spent. No the chairman has not done a runner. The chairman has been asked to stay away from the club pending the outcome of further accusations made against him. I know your post was sarcastic, but frankly two months down the line there will be posters on here who will say I did make those claims.

On substance a 4000+ crowd on a cold March evening, in a dead rubber of a game in League 2, is not bad. With a city the size of Newport it shows what can be done if we only had the confidence to believe in ourselves.
Here we go again, making statements based purely on what disgruntled employees have stated to you...........

Now I have no idea whether the chairman will be found to be innocent or guilty, but for obvious reasons he can't fight allegations made without evidence on a bloody forum, can he.........

For goodness sake you are not in court. This is not a place where a legal representative has to back his client, regardless of what he believes to be the truth. When was the last time we heard a legal representative state, "you have heard the evidence from the prosecution, I have heard from my client and advised that he pleaded guilty. He chose not to, so all I will say is I believe the truth of the matter is that he is as guilty as hell" ......

Stop making one sided statements, or explain how you know they are absolutely true, beyond all reasonable doubt.........

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 15th, 2023, 12:17 pm

No Jim.

Here we go again, making statements based purely on what disgruntled employees have stated to you...........

Now I have no idea whether the chairman will be found to be innocent or guilty, but for obvious reasons he can't fight allegations made without evidence on a bloody forum, can he.........

For goodness sake you are not in court. This is not a place where a legal representative has to back his client, regardless of what he believes to be the truth. When was the last time we heard a legal representative state, "you have heard the evidence from the prosecution, I have heard from my client and advised that he pleaded guilty. He chose not to, so all I will say is I believe the truth of the matter is that he is as guilty as hell" ......

Stop making one sided statements, or explain how you know they are absolutely true, beyond all reasonable doubt.........
Chill. :roll:

Blackandamber wrote: March 14th, 2023, 8:44 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 14th, 2023, 8:34 pm Picture keeps freezing. Thank God for small mercies.
Mine was freezing until I reset the website. It's working fine now, unlike the County.

If you had issues and paid email ifollow happened to me earlier in season had a full refund they tried to say it was my broadband I just wrote I thought it would be my fault as these companies always try and say its an issue your end

UPTHEPORT wrote: March 15th, 2023, 1:08 pm
Blackandamber wrote: March 14th, 2023, 8:44 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 14th, 2023, 8:34 pm Picture keeps freezing. Thank God for small mercies.
Mine was freezing until I reset the website. It's working fine now, unlike the County.

If you had issues and paid email ifollow happened to me earlier in season had a full refund they tried to say it was my broadband I just wrote I thought it would be my fault as these companies always try and say its an issue your end4
At long last back on the same hymn sheet. This freezing of the picture is a fault at their end. They know it and trying to make out we're all having the same problem and it's our fault not theirs is crass.

Mind you I froze just before half time and intermittently in the second half. At half time I was tempted to email them saying I'd pay another £10 if they promised to keep the picture frozen. :grin:

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 15th, 2023, 12:17 pm

No Jim.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ woke up for 2 seconds ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: March 14th, 2023, 10:52 pm
Goals win Matches wrote: March 14th, 2023, 8:46 pm As always inability to score in the first half.
If only we had a striker!
Can't argue with that of course. A goal scorer improves every team.
Think what is equally relevent though, looking at the home and away tables for League 2 is we are the 11th best team away from home and the 20th at home. This clearly points to a psychological deficit for home games. It suggests a need for a decent sports psychologist.
We all know how fickle we County fans are so when things aren't going well I suggest players find it more intimidating when playing at home rather than away.

allontheamber wrote: March 15th, 2023, 4:13 pm
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: March 14th, 2023, 10:52 pm
Goals win Matches wrote: March 14th, 2023, 8:46 pm As always inability to score in the first half.
If only we had a striker!
Can't argue with that of course. A goal scorer improves every team.
Think what is equally relevent though, looking at the home and away tables for League 2 is we are the 11th best team away from home and the 20th at home. This clearly points to a psychological deficit for home games. It suggests a need for a decent sports psychologist.
We all know how fickle we County fans are so when things aren't going well I suggest players find it more intimidating when playing at home rather than away.
Think you are probably correct. Evidently there has to be a reason why our away performances are somewhat better than at home. If/ when we are mathematically safe I'll be interested to see if our home performances improve.