Re: Director Resigns

63
Stow Hill Sid wrote: March 17th, 2023, 4:36 pm
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: March 17th, 2023, 4:28 pm
Blackandamber wrote: March 17th, 2023, 3:13 pm https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport ... nds-board/

Finally a report in the Argus (unless I've missed something). Reasons for Ward resigning and Foxall absent since January,
Unable to read all of the above link.
What is said about Foxall's absence?
Nowt. Just that he has been absent since January.
Quelle surprise. :roll:

Re: Director Resigns

65
landinho wrote: March 17th, 2023, 3:13 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 17th, 2023, 1:27 pm Stop being eejits lads. Mr Ward has clearly stated that there has been a conflict of interest.

My analysis. Feel free to agree or not.

Peter Madigan and Jon Pratt have experience in business and business ethics. The unacceptable way Newport County AFC has been run up until now is no longer sustainable. The games up.
Sorry your argument makes no sense at all. This is similar if not less significant than what happens with the register of interests for Councillors, Members of Parliament etc.

They declare financial or other interests in matters, and in some cases they sit on committees or vote on legislation related to issues they have an interest in. We just accept that they are elected (in the case of KW, by members, for MPs, by the public) and that they will be required to be transparent about their interests. Youโ€™re totally overblowing this.
As always, but then again if you spent your life in the bubble of trying to win cases, when you knew your client was not innocent, what do you expect, someone who has a ballanced view of life?

Re: Director Resigns

67
County Exile wrote: March 18th, 2023, 10:40 am Stow Hill Sid wrote:-
Nowt. Just that he has been absent since January.
Brilliant piece of journalism by The Argus. Chairman of main club they report on has been absent for some time and that is their only quote so far. Haven't they bothered to ask the relevant questions? :roll:
Stan has already told us in his redacted email to the club, that his informants have told him, that the chairman has been accused of bullying. That has been confirmed by Kelly Anderson as a serious allegation, and thus it is likely to cause a club and FA inquiry.
Now if the allegations are proven, then presumably Court Action will follow as suggested by Stan.

However if they are unproven, then would anyone be happy to have their professional standing to be damaged by unfounded allegations printed in a Newspaper? Wouldn't it be likely that Court action could follow on against the Newspaper?

Re: Director Resigns

70
Bangitintrnet wrote: March 18th, 2023, 12:55 pm
County Exile wrote: March 18th, 2023, 11:54 am That wouldn't prevent the newspaper from asking the basic "where is he" question without making any accusations.
If they did and knew they couldn't print the answer, then there would be little point.

Nothing to stop them publishing the facts....'the chairman has been absent since January as a consequence of allegations of [whatever] being made against him'.

Re: Director Resigns

71
Stow Hill Sid wrote: March 18th, 2023, 1:03 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: March 18th, 2023, 12:55 pm
County Exile wrote: March 18th, 2023, 11:54 am That wouldn't prevent the newspaper from asking the basic "where is he" question without making any accusations.
If they did and knew they couldn't print the answer, then there would be little point.

Nothing to stop them publishing the facts....'the chairman has been absent since January as a consequence of allegations of [whatever] being made against him'.
Are those facts?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chepstow'sFine