Re: Director Resigns

Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 16th, 2023, 8:30 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: March 16th, 2023, 6:46 pm
whoareya wrote: March 16th, 2023, 6:30 pm
TheElfInspector wrote: March 16th, 2023, 6:25 pm
lowandhard wrote: March 16th, 2023, 4:53 pm This is all getting ridiculous, not many people left at the helm is there? And the same amount of work has to be done. What the hell is going on?
It could be quite simple, he has been offered a new challenge/opportunity. Sorry to disappoint the conspiracy theorists and doom mongers amongst us.

https://www.newportlive.co.uk/en/news-e ... -chairman/
He's been on the Board of Newport Live for years, all he's done is move to the role of Chairman. Can't see that being the reason he's left the Club Board.
If he has left the trust board, he has done so the day after becoming chairman of Newport Live. Too much of a coincidence for me, sorry to bear disappointing news Stan.........
Not bad news at all. Regardless of why, for a so called communications expert, as a director of Newport County he was complete failure. Just glad like the rest of the 'Pershore connection' 'Four Tickets' has gone.
Bit like your failure to stand for election on a communication ticket then.............

Pot kettle black springs to mind.

So, if rumours and a bit of common sense observation are accurate, we’ve now had the following depart or take a spell of gardening leave -

Director
Chairman
Media Officer
Secretary (possibly replaced, depends on which story you believe)
Director of Football
Club captain
Longest serving player

It’s either a cost-cutting exercise ahead of a formal takeover offer, or things are rotten in the state of Gwent.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: March 16th, 2023, 9:20 pm So, if rumours and a bit of common sense observation are accurate, we’ve now had the following depart or take a spell of gardening leave -

Director
Chairman
Media Officer
Director of Football
Club captain
Longest serving player

It’s either a cost-cutting exercise ahead of a formal takeover offer, or things are rotten in the state of Gwent.
The two scenario you present are not mutually exclusive. 🤔

Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 16th, 2023, 10:09 pm Stadia need a capacity of 4,000 to meet Football League criteria.

From the Newport Live website.

Newport Stadium ................ can accommodate 2,450 spectators. The stadium meets Football League standard.

I do hope 'Four Tickets' puts a stop to these brazen untruths. :grin:
I have been to games at Spytty with 4000 plus in attendance, and it also had additional turnstiles, updated lighting etc etc.

Wimbledon played at Kingstonian's old ground for at least a decade and that didn't hold much more. Likewise the new lawn at FGR.

It is clearly you that need to stop listening to, and re-telling porkies..........

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 16th, 2023, 10:18 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 16th, 2023, 10:09 pm Stadia need a capacity of 4,000 to meet Football League criteria.

Newport Stadium ................ can accommodate 2,450 spectators. The stadium meets Football League standard.

I have been to games at Spytty with 4000 plus in attendance, and it also had additional turnstiles, updated lighting etc etc.

Wimbledon played at Kingstonian's old ground for at least a decade and that didn't hold much more. Likewise the new lawn at FGR.

It is clearly you that need to stop listening to, and re-telling porkies..........

It's Newport Live whose figures I'm using. You forget that the Shed is condemned. Indeed if you look at Gyn's Youtube video recently you will see all too clearly how many were on the Shed. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 16th, 2023, 10:23 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: March 16th, 2023, 10:18 pm

It's Newport Live whose figures I'm using. You forget that the Shed is condemned. Indeed if you look at Gyn's Youtube video recently you will see all too clearly how many were on the Shed. :grin:
The shed was repaired after we left. The stand has the required number of seats, and with temp stands it meets the criteria, so the statement is factual. So yet another supposed statement of fact unravelling........

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: March 16th, 2023, 9:20 pm So, if rumours and a bit of common sense observation are accurate, we’ve now had the following depart or take a spell of gardening leave -

Director
Chairman
Media Officer
Director of Football
Club captain
Longest serving player

Director and chairman (if true) are unpaid roles.
Club captain was wanted by Hartlepool in the summer but we asked him to stay for at least 6 months.
Longest serving player on big wages was he?
Which leaves the Media officer and Director of Football, both of whom left for new jobs.

The rush to find a non story to feed the troll, is staggering..........

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 16th, 2023, 10:34 pm

The shed was repaired after we left. The stand has the required number of seats, and with temp stands it meets the criteria, so the statement is factual. So yet another supposed statement of fact unravelling........
Go on the Newport Live site. They are saying the stadium can accommodate 2,450 spectators.

Are you suggesting that Newport Live are not only being untruthful but also incredibly stupid?

You could be right. :grin:

[/quote]

Club captain was wanted by Hartlepool in the summer but we asked him to stay for at least 6 months.
Which leaves the Media officer and Director of Football, both of whom left for new jobs.

[/quote]

I wasn’t trying to create a frenzied story, merely pointing out obvious conclusions tinged with facts. It doesn’t matter if a couple of those roles were poorly/not paid: the issue is the spine of the club has been removed and not replaced yet. This is the sort of thing which is done at clubs gearing up to enter administration.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 16th, 2023, 10:43 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: March 16th, 2023, 10:34 pm

Go on the Newport Live site. They are saying the stadium can accommodate 2,450 spectators.

Are you suggesting that Newport Live are not only being untruthful but also incredibly stupid?

You could be right. :grin:
Someone is for sure, and it's not them counting temporary stand capacities in the total is it?

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: March 16th, 2023, 10:56 pm

[/quote]

I wasn’t trying to create a frenzied story, merely pointing out obvious conclusions tinged with facts. It doesn’t matter if a couple of those roles were poorly/not paid: the issue is the spine of the club has been removed and not replaced yet. This is the sort of thing which is done at clubs gearing up to enter administration.
[/quote]

merely pointing out obvious conclusions tinged with facts 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: March 16th, 2023, 7:44 pm Regardless of his reasons for leaving, the fact we had a media & communications expert on the Board makes it more inexcusable that club communications have been really poor.
That’s the problem DeePee. We don’t get any news from the club itself. The only reason I can see is that the club are waiting until we are mathematically safe and they will make an announcement. There is so much to hear about. Regardless of the club infighting (although that is very important in itself), the long term future of the club seems to be up for discussion by the Trust/club itself. What are Jon Pratt intentions? That is the cornerstone and catalyst for me.

Can anyone seriously think that it is in the benefit of the club and advantageous to the club to be mired in this muffled silence that we have at the moment. All we have is confirmed speculation. It is bloody ridiculous.

pembsexile wrote: March 17th, 2023, 6:57 am
DeePeeNCAFC wrote: March 16th, 2023, 7:44 pm Regardless of his reasons for leaving, the fact we had a media & communications expert on the Board makes it more inexcusable that club communications have been really poor.
That’s the problem DeePee. We don’t get any news from the club itself. The only reason I can see is that the club are waiting until we are mathematically safe and they will make an announcement. There is so much to hear about. Regardless of the club infighting (although that is very important in itself), the long term future of the club seems to be up for discussion by the Trust/club itself. What are Jon Pratt intentions? That is the cornerstone and catalyst for me.

Can anyone seriously think that it is in the benefit of the club and advantageous to the club to be mired in this muffled silence that we have at the moment. All we have is confirmed speculation. It is bloody ridiculous.
Is it confirmed speculation, or just someone who appears to have means and contacts joining the board?

What is there to actually say other than what has already been said? Which from memory was along the lines of "once we have all got our feet under the same table, got to know each other, and worked out if there is a new agreed way forward, then it will be put to the fans, or not, if nothing has been agreed" .