Re: Director Resigns

landinho wrote: March 17th, 2023, 3:13 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 17th, 2023, 1:27 pm Stop being eejits lads. Mr Ward has clearly stated that there has been a conflict of interest.

My analysis. Feel free to agree or not.

Peter Madigan and Jon Pratt have experience in business and business ethics. The unacceptable way Newport County AFC has been run up until now is no longer sustainable. The games up.
Sorry your argument makes no sense at all. This is similar if not less significant than what happens with the register of interests for Councillors, Members of Parliament etc.

They declare financial or other interests in matters, and in some cases they sit on committees or vote on legislation related to issues they have an interest in. We just accept that they are elected (in the case of KW, by members, for MPs, by the public) and that they will be required to be transparent about their interests. You’re totally overblowing this.
Well let's examine this.

Mr Ward has stated that there has always been a conflict of interest. He now believes he can no longer 'manage' that conflict.

If a conflict of interest exists, you are simply not in a position to judge whether or not you can manage it.

I'm an alcoholic who pilots commercial aeroplanes. Whist iwas only drinking a bottle of whiskey a day I could manage it but now I'm knocking back two bottles I rather think it's beyond me. Really?

Now if Newport Live have been involved in any transactions which involve Newport Live receiving monies from Newport County then Mr Ward should have resigned immediately. You can argue that if Mr Ward had made public that such transaction were taking place and if the monies involved were likewise made public that uncomfortable as it would be perhaps Mr Ward could hold both tests.

There is a legal test. In terms it is to ask whether a cynical person who became aware of the situation would voice concerns.

It doesn't matter that no false accounting has taken place. It doesn't matter that Mr Ward has not gained personal enrichment. What matters in a conflict of interest situation is the perception that he might have done.

And to be clear. I don't like Kevin Ward. I think he has a massive ego. I know that he published lies about me for which he did not apologize. I am happy he has resigned.

I do not believe for one moment he has behaved dishonestly.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 3:04 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 17th, 2023, 1:27 pm Stop being eejits lads. Mr Ward has clearly stated that there has been a conflict of interest.

Peter Madigan and Jon Pratt have experience in business and business ethics. The unacceptable way Newport County AFC has been run up until now is no longer sustainable. The games up.
Sorry your argument makes no sense at all. This is similar if not less significant than what happens with the register of interests for Councillors, Members of Parliament etc.

They declare financial or other interests in matters, and in some cases they sit on committees or vote on legislation related to issues they have an interest in. We just accept that they are elected (in the case of KW, by members, for MPs, by the public) and that they will be required to be transparent about their interests. You’re totally overblowing this.
Well let's examine this.

Mr Ward has stated that there has always been a conflict of interest. He now believes he can no longer 'manage' that conflict.

If a conflict of interest exists, you are simply not in a position to judge whether or not you can manage it.

I'm an alcoholic who pilots commercial aeroplanes. Whist iwas only drinking a bottle of whiskey a day I could manage it but now I'm knocking back two bottles I rather think it's beyond me. Really?

Now if Newport Live have been involved in any transactions which involve Newport Live receiving monies from Newport County then Mr Ward should have resigned immediately. You can argue that if Mr Ward had made public that such transaction were taking place and if the monies involved were likewise made public that uncomfortable as it would be perhaps Mr Ward could hold both tests.

There is a legal test. In terms it is to ask whether a cynical person who became aware of the situation would voice concerns.

It doesn't matter that no false accounting has taken place. It doesn't matter that Mr Ward has not gained personal enrichment. What matters in a conflict of interest situation is the perception that he might have done.

And to be clear. I don't like Kevin Ward. I think he has a massive ego. I know that he published lies about me for which he did not apologize. I am happy he has resigned.

Sorry Stan you are way off the mark on this one. As a vice-chairman Mr Ward could have made his interest in any matter involving County known and stayed out of the discussion and any vote. He can still so as Chairman but it is more difficult because of the "casting vote" that a Chairman has. So the decision to resign from the County board seems a sensible move.

halfmoon wrote: March 24th, 2023, 6:04 pm So, uh, who’s left that’s actually running the club at the moment? And shouldn’t there be announcements about a forthcoming voting process considering these are elected posts?
So, Gavin Foxall's departure was announced at lunchtime and already you expect the 'voting process' for a replacement to be published......

wattsville_boy wrote: March 24th, 2023, 5:53 pm

Well let's examine this.

Sorry Stan you are way off the mark on this one. As a vice-chairman Mr Ward could have made his interest in any matter involving County known and stayed out of the discussion and any vote. He can still so as Chairman but it is more difficult because of the "casting vote" that a Chairman has. So the decision to resign from the County board seems a sensible move.
That view though requires you to ignore whether or not monies flowed from Newport County to Newport Live or any other legal identity Mr Ward had a pecuniary interest in.

If the answer to that is that no monies were ever transferred then there would be no conflict of interest.

excessbee wrote: March 24th, 2023, 6:32 pm
halfmoon wrote: March 24th, 2023, 6:04 pm So, uh, who’s left that’s actually running the club at the moment? And shouldn’t there be announcements about a forthcoming voting process considering these are elected posts?
So, Gavin Foxall's departure was announced at lunchtime and already you expect the 'voting process' for a replacement to be published......
Gavin Foxall's illness does not detract from the fact that since Mr Stephenson has commenced proceeding against the club for alleged bullying, Mr Foxall has been suspended.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 24th, 2023, 7:49 pm

Well let's examine this.

That view though requires you to ignore whether or not monies flowed from Newport County to Newport Live or any other legal identity Mr Ward had a pecuniary interest in.

If the answer to that is that no monies were ever transferred then there would be no conflict of interest.
Mr Ward has no financial interest in Newport Live. It is a registered charity and though he may have received money for attending meetings when he was Vice Chairman, if he was declaring an interest in anything concerning County and so not taking part in the debate or vote then there is nothing to see here. And there is even less to see now he has resigned from the County board.

You've obviously spent too much time with criminals and never spent time on the committee of your local working men's club, or village institute...

wattsville_boy wrote: March 24th, 2023, 10:59 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 24th, 2023, 7:49 pm

Well let's examine this.

Mr Ward has no financial interest in Newport Live. It is a registered charity and though he may have received money for attending meetings when he was Vice Chairman, if he was declaring an interest in anything concerning County and so not taking part in the debate or vote then there is nothing to see here. And there is even less to see now he has resigned from the County board.

You've obviously spent too much time with criminals and never spent time on the committee of your local working men's club, or village institute...
Or his media company?

And are you sure? Because what else can be the conflict of interest?

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 25th, 2023, 3:18 pm I don't know most of the director's, so who do people that do, think would make good chairman?
Or are people assuming that John Pratt will bring in his own team?
That raises an interesting question of potential further co-options. The board within the model rules can be a maximum of 12 with the majority elected i.e 7 elected ( we are currently at 5) and 5 co-options ( we currently have 3). All ifs and maybes of v
course.