Re: Michael Flynn's legacy.

I never bought into the suggestion that Walsall were going to challenge for promotion, although they haven't done as badly as I predicted in August. But being just average with no consistency won't be good enough so I think he won t be their manager when the next season kicks off. I wonder where Robbie Willmott will be playing next season. Is Labadie now at the end of his contract?

Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 17th, 2023, 3:25 pm
Justanordinaryfan wrote: March 17th, 2023, 3:18 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 17th, 2023, 1:42 pm Remember those heady days a few years back when Newport County were defeating just about everybody in the FA Cup? And didn't the then manager want the money to be used to create a legacy, for after he had gone. He wanted a new training facility as I recall.

Had he got his way the only losers would have been those who hire out our present training facility. Newport Live.

Now that's what I call a conflict of interest.
Honest question:

Was the ££ we collected through our cup runs enough to build this “legacy” and continue to compete on a Lg2 playing field ?

Would we have rather had a Legacy in the Conference or lower ….. or continue to use other facilities and continue operate in Lge2 ?

Pretty sure KW made it clear he was involved with Newport Live in his manifesto when we voted to put him on the board ?

I have no idea.

But that is not my point. There is a clear conflict of interest. The sums of money are potentially huge. In those circumstances it is simply not acceptable to have had a director of Newport County who at the same time was also heavily involved with another company of whom Newport County were a client.

As I said it just doesn't pass the smell test.
And I'm fairly sure if you went through all the minutes of Newport Live meetings where the hiring out of facilities to County were discussed that Mr Ward would have excused himself from such discussions.

Just for clarity are you suggesting fraudulent activity by Mr Ward?

wattsville_boy wrote: April 1st, 2023, 1:02 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 17th, 2023, 1:42 pm Remember those heady days a few years back when Newport County were defeating just about everybody in the FA Cup? And didn't the then manager want the money to be used to create a legacy, for after he had gone. He wanted a new training facility as I recall.

Had he got his way the only losers would have been those who hire out our present training facility. Newport Live.

Honest question:

Was the ££ we collected through our cup runs enough to build this “legacy” and continue to compete on a Lg2 playing field ?

Would we have rather had a Legacy in the Conference or lower ….. or continue to use other facilities and continue operate in Lge2 ?

Pretty sure KW made it clear he was involved with Newport Live in his manifesto when we voted to put him on the board ?

I have no idea.

But that is not my point. There is a clear conflict of interest. The sums of money are potentially huge. In those circumstances it is simply not acceptable to have had a director of Newport County who at the same time was also heavily involved with another company of whom Newport County were a client.

And I'm fairly sure if you went through all the minutes of Newport Live meetings where the hiring out of facilities to County were discussed that Mr Ward would have excused himself from such discussions.

No I am not suggesting Mr Ward is involved in fraudulent activity.

The reason it doesn't pass the smell test is that you can't serve two masters. And Kevin Ward should know that.

You see people who are engaged in fraud rely on others taking things on trust. Nice people who are taken in by frauds say things like 'I'm fairly sure that if you read the minutes you would find..........'

Most people are honest most of the time. Nonetheless smart people take nothing trust. I don't know what the minutes of Newport Live say. Neither do you.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 1st, 2023, 2:35 pm

Honest question:

I have no idea.

The reason it doesn't pass the smell test is that you can't serve two masters. And Kevin Ward should know that.

You see people who are engaged in fraud rely on others taking things on trust. Nice people who are taken in by frauds say things like 'I'm fairly sure that if you read the minutes you would find..........'

Most people are honest most of the time. Nonetheless smart people take nothing trust. I don't know what the minutes of Newport Live say. Neither do you.
I don't think you quite understand the ethos and purpose of Newport Live, its a not for profit charitable Trust operating leisure services and facilities on behalf of Newport City Council.
Their purpose is to provide services and facilities of the residents of the city, including the supporters of the City's football team. To allow them to use the Spytty Stadium is in the interests of those residents and also provides a tenant/user of the Stadium midweek periods, which is unlikely to be used by anyone else at those times.
Kevin Ward holds many other positions in similar organisations, including Newport City Homes.

You could come up with numerous theoretical conflicts of interest if, like you, people were so inclined, but thankfully no-one else seems to see it as negatively as you, that includes the City Council, the County and all the other organisations he helps/contributes to.

So are they all wrong, or is it you, with your obsessive negativity towards Kevin Ward, who chose to ignore you and your self righteous demands?

whoareya wrote: April 1st, 2023, 2:56 pm

I don't think you quite understand the ethos and purpose of Newport Live, its a not for profit charitable Trust operating leisure services and facilities on behalf of Newport City Council.
Their purpose is to provide services and facilities of the residents of the city, including the supporters of the City's football team. To allow them to use the Spytty Stadium is in the interests of those residents and also provides a tenant/user of the Stadium midweek periods, which is unlikely to be used by anyone else at those times.
Kevin Ward holds many other positions in similar organisations, including Newport City Homes.

You could come up with numerous theoretical conflicts of interest if, like you, people were so inclined, but thankfully no-one else seems to see it as negatively as you, that includes the City Council, the County and all the other organisations he helps/contributes to.

So are they all wrong, or is it you, with your obsessive negativity towards Kevin Ward, who chose to ignore you and your self righteous demands?
Newport Live may be a charity. Kevin Ward is not a charity. But my dear old Mam, brought me up not to be so f@cking stupid as not to know the difference.

I worked for Barnardos for three years. They were a charity. I'm not. So I make no criticism of Mr Ward first and formost looking after himself and his family.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 1st, 2023, 3:20 pm

Newport Live may be a charity. Kevin Ward is not a charity. But my dear old Mam, brought me up not to be so f@cking stupid as not to know the difference.

I worked for Barnardos for three years. They were a charity. I'm not. So I make no criticism of Mr Ward first and formost looking after himself and his family.
I didn't say he was a charity, but you've stated that his position doesn't pass the sniff test. What doesn't pass the sniff test, and how come it's only now he's resigned from one of the roles, that you're questioning the integrity of it - were you not aware of his other role(s)?

whoareya wrote: April 1st, 2023, 3:35 pm

I didn't say he was a charity, but you've stated that his position doesn't pass the sniff test. What doesn't pass the sniff test, and how come it's only now he's resigned from one of the roles, that you're questioning the integrity of it - were you not aware of his other role(s)?
With the amount of ar@e you kiss, pretty much everything passes the smell test. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 1st, 2023, 3:39 pm
whoareya wrote: April 1st, 2023, 3:35 pm

With the amount of ar@e you kiss, pretty much everything passes the smell test. :grin:
Ah, so you have no real reason for it not passing the sniff test then, other than he played the trump card and ignored your demands.

Thought so.

whoareya wrote: April 1st, 2023, 3:43 pm

Ah, so you have no real reason for it not passing the sniff test then, other than he played the trump card and ignored your demands.

Thought so.
And further. If you look up Kevin Ward Media you will find that one of their clients is Newport County AFC.

It may be that Kevin Ward Media do media work for Newport County on a pro bono basis. But unless we know that too doesn't pass the smell test.

Would you like me to email Newport County and ask?

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 1st, 2023, 4:00 pm
whoareya wrote: April 1st, 2023, 3:43 pm

Thought so.
And further. If you look up Kevin Ward Media you will find that one of their clients is Newport County AFC.

It may be that Kevin Ward Media do media work for Newport County on a pro bono basis. But unless we know that too doesn't pass the smell test.

Would you like me to email Newport County and ask?
Found that interesting, so had a look on the website. It says ‘since we launched in 2017, we’ve worked with…’ and the lists a number of clients.
It doesn’t say whether those on the list are still clients.
There’s also a phone number & an email address at the bottom of every page, so not difficult to prove or disprove the conspiracy theory.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 1st, 2023, 2:35 pm

Honest question:

I have no idea.

Perhaps instead of smearing, and because you seem to be particularly interested in this, you could ask to see the minutes going back x number of years. As other members of the Newport Live board are more than likely to know of Mr Ward's involvement with County, it hardly was a secret, then unless there has been widespread irregularities (which I am confident there won't have been) from several people then I'm not bothered...

You suggest fraud of some description but don't have the b*locks to actually call it our specifically, preferring to use inuendo instead. Either specifically say what you think has occurred or do us all a favour and shut the f*** up...