Re: So now we know

Likewise. I know from speaking to a member of his family recently that he has been very ill for several weeks and receiving treatment. They did not wish this to be known, but have now obviously decided to go public. I hope people can now show a little respect and give the man and his family some privacy.

Jonesy3 wrote: March 24th, 2023, 4:51 pm Likewise. I know from speaking to a member of his family recently that he has been very ill for several weeks and receiving treatment. They did not wish this to be known, but have now obviously decided to go public. I hope people can now show a little respect and give the man and his family some privacy.
Certainly.

They'll be busy picking holes in whoever/whatever comes next.

Jonesy3 wrote: March 24th, 2023, 4:51 pm Likewise. I know from speaking to a member of his family recently that he has been very ill for several weeks and receiving treatment. They did not wish this to be known, but have now obviously decided to go public. I hope people can now show a little respect and give the man and his family some privacy.
Sorry but this drip-drip effect doesn't really wash. There were allegations apparently made against him, if the rumours are believed, which could mean that his ill-health has been stress related. It is entirely possible that the BOD have allowed him to resign instead of being sacked and that the illness story conveniently covers this.

We are now two elected directors down. When are the BOD going to update us on what is happening within the club?

wattsville_boy wrote: March 24th, 2023, 5:31 pm
Sorry but this drip-drip effect doesn't really wash. There were allegations apparently made against him, if the rumours are believed, which could mean that his ill-health has been stress related. It is entirely possible that the BOD have allowed him to resign instead of being sacked and that the illness story conveniently covers this.

We are now two elected directors down. When are the BOD going to update us on what is happening within the club?
Quite agree

Didn't know the guy, obviously hope he makes a full recovery. I think it's worth saying that a fair few people have expressed their appreciation towards him. Though for balance plenty are silently ‘liking’ his departure - Padraig Amond most recently. Everyone’s entitled to an opinion.

Elections are needed though.

Fraser Franks: An absolute legend and an incredible servant to Newport County. I genuinely don’t know where I’d be in life if he hadn’t been by my side and acted the way he did throughout my retirement. A truly amazing man.

Claire LF: He is an absolute gent… never forget his kindness during the pandemic was the only one who went out and made sure we had food … (got) my hubby to the hospital when taken poorly thanks gav UTC

Colin Faulkner: One of a few people my family and I can depend on. Leaves a massive hole at the club and would not have been able to make the progress it did over the last decade without him.
Last edited by landinho on March 24th, 2023, 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

We are actually two re-elected unopposed directors down.

I'd suggest that is more of a benchmark of the real interest or willingness of the fan base to participate in the ownership model.
The super fan hybrid model will now proceed at speed, with just as little communication as the incumbent model has been criticised for.

I don't think that anyone should speculate about Mr Foxall's illness. You don't know what is the cause any more than the rest of us. Just respect what he has done for the club and leave him alone.

G Guest wrote: March 24th, 2023, 8:42 pm

I don't think that anyone should speculate about Mr Foxall's illness. You don't know what is the cause any more than the rest of us. Just respect what he has done for the club and leave him alone.
I quite agree. What is the point of speculating about a man's illness on a message board?

I was trying to put the news of his departure into context. And that context is that serious allegations were made against him prior to his ill health. If those allegations were found correct then he isn't really the saint people make him out to be. But there could likewise be no truth in the rumours and his ill health may be entirely separate. We don't know. I'm just suspicious of the presentation of his departure and think there is more to the story than sudden ill-health...

wattsville_boy wrote: March 24th, 2023, 10:48 pm

I was trying to put the news of his departure into context. And that context is that serious allegations were made against him prior to his ill health. If those allegations were found correct then he isn't really the saint people make him out to be. But there could likewise be no truth in the rumours and his ill health may be entirely separate. We don't know. I'm just suspicious of the presentation of his departure and think there is more to the story than sudden ill-health...
Whilst not mentioning any names, didn’t the the GM in her letter to Stan confirm that there were indeed ongoing enquiries, and that these could possibly be involving the EFL? Has that investigation perhaps now reached a conclusion, but then again will we ever know?

Let’s be fair, for the sudden departure of a longstanding Chairman, that news release by the Club was rather brief, and in comparison is only one sentence longer than that rather curt one for Nigel Stephenson.

First and fore most I wish Mr Foxall a speedy recovery also for all that he has done for the club over the years, good and bad decisions that have been made, he was at the helm for what can only be described as possible some of our best years so far, for that I will be for ever thankful.
As for Now we Know statement, sadly the answer to that we will probably never know.
GC has what looks like kept us in the League, so the time has come to pull together and move forward to what ever the future holds for NEWPORT COUNTY.

I wish him well & consider myself a friend . The Hybrid model is a must & even those elected to join the board via the trust must be the right people with the right skill set . We can't have
anymore hangers on joining just so they can look important
& can't wait to get themselves to the cheesecake table on match days ... Ive a really good feeling about us going forward
all i would say is from the fans . Please you can't run the club
from your keyboards & To the BOD stop treating fans like mushrooms . Behonest with them & commutation is paramount in all this . We now need the club to be at the forefront & you'll find the customers us fans will buy into this

UTC

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: March 25th, 2023, 6:47 am

Whilst not mentioning any names, didn’t the the GM in her letter to Stan confirm that there were indeed ongoing enquiries, and that these could possibly be involving the EFL? Has that investigation perhaps now reached a conclusion, but then again will we ever know?

Let’s be fair, for the sudden departure of a longstanding Chairman, that news release by the Club was rather brief, and in comparison is only one sentence longer than that rather curt one for Nigel Stephenson.
To be strictly accurate to her the GM's reply was a general outline of procedure with a no comment on specifics.

However to be clear, Mr Stephenson has made accusations of bullying against Mr Foxall. These allegations are at present just allegations. Furthermore the club required Mr Foxall to stay away from Rodney Parade until these matters were concluded. Notwithstanding any internal investigation my understanding is Mr Stephenson intends to litigate these matters. As such knowing how slowly legal wheels grind it is likely that this will take some time.

Anyone subjected to such a procedure will be under enormous stress. In addition Mr Foxall has had Newport County at the centre of his life for many years and now that has gone. It would be difficult enough for him to have dealt with that under normal circumstances. That he has left under a cloud merely magnifies his loss.

It would be hypocritical of me not to welcome his departure. Equally there are no winners. On a personal level I hope Mr Foxall recovers his health. I hope he is able to rebuild his life.