Re: So now we know

Amberexile wrote: March 26th, 2023, 2:28 pm
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: March 26th, 2023, 2:07 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: March 26th, 2023, 1:13 pm
lowandhard wrote: March 26th, 2023, 11:52 am
On the bank wrote: March 26th, 2023, 7:40 am It's petty verbal disputes that put people off reading this message board. Who knows what level of illness the former chairman is suffering. I can only hope he recovers. It's not helped by somebody demanding the trust members should know everything, on and on and on, when they are not even a trust member and are against the trust's current format. The man could be dying and all we have had is a persistent witch hunt because the trust members must know the all the facts. Why must they? May be the former chairman is not perfect, no one is, he's a human being and no person has no annoying traits and habits or does not annoy or cause annoyance to someone, albeit a work colleague. But the continual dispute on here is so, so tedious. Pages of this continual nonsense to know still nothing,but because trust members must know everything according to one person who is not a trust member. The former chairman could be suffering terminal illness and al you get here, who is in charge now? was he a bully.?Who cares all I am interested in and have been since 1975 are the county's matches and results. As far as I can see being a board member is a thankless and onerous task. With a lot of added stress for probably few rewards. It's no surprise come elections nobody stands. And those who do, on a shield of justice remit, quickly leave when the realise this stance can not be continued when running a business.
That’s all very well and I’m sure you represent a considerable number of our fan base but you don’t speak for everyone and other views deserve to be aired too.
Like you I bear Mr Foxall no ill will at all and wish him a speedy return to full health, as I think would any reasonable human being.
No, the point is not that, the point is the question, “ what is the health of our football club?”
As a fan for over seventy years, I for one, have more than a passing interest in that question and like a few others seek a bit more transparency in elucidating the truth. No, I don’t want the minutiae of how much the first team socks cost, I want to know the real financial situation, whether or not we are being sued and who the hell is skippering the ship. It’s not a lot to ask for a supposedly fans-owned club - and before you ask, yes I am a shareholder and member of the Trust.
Well Stan has indicated that an action may be pending, he has never stated that it has started, so may or may not happen.

Someone has posted that the financial figures will be available from Companies house in a couple of months. Before then it seems to me likely that an EGM will be called, and would suggest that the current financial plan will be put against a possible future alternative at the EGM.
Having just reminded myself of the AGM of Sept 2018, when the result of the survey about future ownership was discussed, I believe the following are salient points.
Firstly, as the survey indicated that 74 % of the responders (trust and non- trust members) indicated a preference for a hybrid model the Trust board accepted that they have a mandate to explore what a hybrid model could look like.
Secondly they will communicate those explorations to the Trust members for discussion, possibly at a series of meetings, before potentially putting it to a vote.
Thirdly that process is likely to take place in the close season.
I'm unsure, if these potential discussions take place, whether or not, they are likely to take place before or after the latest financial audit has been filed.
The first of these meetings was held. At that meeting a majority decided not to take the idea forward and it was dropped.

"Trust members are reminded that, as per our previous communication and following the consultation carried out last year with supporters, we will be holding our first workshop on the current Trust model on Wednesday 11th September between 7pm and 9pm at Bar Amber.

All Trust members are welcome to attend."
Of course at that time, as far as I'm aware, there was no possibility, of anyone coming forward with ideas of a hybrid model. If the widely predicted possibility of one being proposed soon, surely that mandate for further exploration still stands? Personally I remain open minded as to whether a proposal will be made imminently.

pembsexile wrote: March 26th, 2023, 3:19 pm Interesting times ahead for the Trust. We, the Trust, the Trust Board will have to take a decision soon on the way forward and whether we seek to go forward with a hybrid model. We have discarded the idea once. I have no idea how the hybrid model will work and I need some further information on it.

Whatever peoples views on the current working arrangements at the club/Trust it seems that Jon Pratt is the catalyst for change up until now. No one knows what his plans/motives are because he hasn’t told us. Surely in the interest of the club and to stop speculation, a statement from him would be welcome.

As it stands, I wouldn’t vote for change because I have no idea what it would mean.
Clearly you feel that Jon Pratt should be making an individual statement to trust members and/or all supporters. My guess is he hasn't any intention to do so, and is initially, hoping that the trust board and himself will come to an agreement and present an united front for any potential proposal for change to the Trust members.
Indeed that was the inference we were given by P Madigan shortly after Jon Pratt's co-option.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: March 26th, 2023, 7:35 pm
pembsexile wrote: March 26th, 2023, 3:19 pm Interesting times ahead for the Trust. We, the Trust, the Trust Board will have to take a decision soon on the way forward and whether we seek to go forward with a hybrid model. We have discarded the idea once. I have no idea how the hybrid model will work and I need some further information on it.

Whatever peoples views on the current working arrangements at the club/Trust it seems that Jon Pratt is the catalyst for change up until now. No one knows what his plans/motives are because he hasn’t told us. Surely in the interest of the club and to stop speculation, a statement from him would be welcome.

As it stands, I wouldn’t vote for change because I have no idea what it would mean.
Clearly you feel that Jon Pratt should be making an individual statement to trust members and/or all supporters. My guess is he hasn't any intention to do so, and is initially, hoping that the trust board and himself will come to an agreement and present an united front for any potential proposal for change to the Trust members.
Indeed that was the inference we were given by P Madigan shortly after Jon Pratt's co-option.
You may well be correct as his silence has been as deafening as the boards has. I fail to see ( if his impecuniousness is to be believed ) what his presence on the board actually serves as surely this country is not so short of financial expertise that we must import it. Unless perhaps his rôle is as an agent of change for other providers of the green stuff ie the football equivalent of a Trojan horse, perhaps a Libero of the boardroom.

lowandhard wrote: March 26th, 2023, 8:34 pm

You may well be correct as his silence has been as deafening as the boards has. I fail to see ( if his impecuniousness is to be believed ) what his presence on the board actually serves as surely this country is not so short of financial expertise that we must import it. Unless perhaps his rôle is as an agent of change for other providers of the green stuff ie the football equivalent of a Trojan horse, perhaps a Libero of the boardroom.
A lot of rich people deal in currencies to enhance their wealth. The difference between sterling and the dollar would be of interest, particularly as a hedge for export trade. Jon Pratt would have financial contacts in lots of different countries as he is involved with business in different countries.

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 26th, 2023, 9:11 pm

A lot of rich people deal in currencies to enhance their wealth. The difference between sterling and the dollar would be of interest, particularly as a hedge for export trade. Jon Pratt would have financial contacts in lots of different countries as he is involved with business in different countries.
I don’t doubt it, what I’m wondering is how it helps us unless any of the greenbacks are heading our way as a result of his Co-option.

With the situation with banking in America, it may be more difficult to obtain finance there at present. However Jon Pratt seems to be involved in businesses in a lot of different countries.

I would think that he would wish to be voted onto the trust board long term. IMO his co-option, and the comments subsequently made by Peter Madigan, suggest that it's not a takeover bid.

lowandhard wrote: March 26th, 2023, 9:28 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: March 26th, 2023, 9:11 pm

I don’t doubt it, what I’m wondering is how it helps us unless any of the greenbacks are heading our way as a result of his Co-option.
My own opinion is that the greenbacks will be coming our way if Jon Pratt gets his way. As to the specifics of that I have no idea. Why else would a successful businessman spend many months trying to contact the club, eventually find a way and then get co-opted onto the Board. Successful businessmen/women don’t waste their time whistling in the wind. He is here for a reason, on that I have no doubt. He will need an EGM to do it, but a takeover it will probably be.

Stow Hill Sid wrote: March 26th, 2023, 7:06 pm Has anyone who reads this forum actually met Jon Pratt? Has anyone actually seen him at a game? I know I haven't.
Yes I used to play Sunday League football back in the 80s and the team was run from his dad's pub down Pill, if I remember rightly Jon played a few games for us and he was at a home game a few weeks ago, I saw him in the directors box.

[quote=.
[/quote]

My own opinion is that the greenbacks will be coming our way if Jon Pratt gets his way. As to the specifics of that I have no idea. Why else would a successful businessman spend many months trying to contact the club, eventually find a way and then get co-opted onto the Board. Successful businessmen/women don’t waste their time whistling in the wind. He is here for a reason, on that I have no doubt. He will need an EGM to do it, but a takeover it will probably be.
[/quote]

I agree. I also feel we should ditch any continued ideas of being a fans-owned club. We should WANT to win the club but I don’t think it’s what we NEED.

Sell the club to Mr Pratt with a guarantee of a fans representative on the board and let him get on with running the business and investing in the team and infrastructure.

Being run by fans won’t acquire a ground or training ground, but he’ll have more clout with the council than a board of elected volunteers will. We’ll never progress and prosper without proper direction, we’ve spent the last few years just trying to be nice tenants and not upsetting the council or landlord. Time for action now so we can see a viable future. My views only.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote: March 27th, 2023, 7:41 am [quote=.
[/quote]

I agree. I also feel we should ditch any continued ideas of being a fans-owned club. We should WANT to win the club but I don’t think it’s what we NEED.

Sell the club to Mr Pratt with a guarantee of a fans representative on the board and let him get on with running the business and investing in the team and infrastructure.

Being run by fans won’t acquire a ground or training ground, but he’ll have more clout with the council than a board of elected volunteers will. We’ll never progress and prosper without proper direction, we’ve spent the last few years just trying to be nice tenants and not upsetting the council or landlord. Time for action now so we can see a viable future. My views only.
[/quote]

Sell it? I doubt if any money will change hands. There are no assets to sell.

The thing is buying football clubs is mostly about buying the debt that a previous owner had run up.

There are few examples of a new owner taking on a profitable club in the lower divisions, one of which was Walsall. Currently 6 points ahead of NCAFC, having obtained 3 points at RP from a OG making up the difference between the two clubs.

Walsall own their own stadium and training pitch and a new owner splashing cash............

jonesy3 wrote:-
You sure about that? According to the latest audited accounts the net worth in the balance sheet was £838k most of which was cash in the bank. Are you saying that has all disappeared since June 2021?

County Exile wrote: March 27th, 2023, 8:59 am jonesy3 wrote:-
You sure about that? According to the latest audited accounts the net worth in the balance sheet was £838k most of which was cash in the bank. Are you saying that has all disappeared since June 2021?
I'd be amazed if much of that was left two years later but no doubt we'll know more from the accounts in June or if/when the EGM is called.

My view is any private individual(s) taking control of a L2 football club are essentially taking on cost in the best case, and debt in the worst. IIRC we have little if any debt.