Re: So now we know

Who at this moment in time has been proven in civil or criminal law to have been bullied by whom? And if any person is that interested in the running of the club beyond being merely a supporter get physically, actively involved instead of spouting an endless diatribe of sh*te about how it's being wrongly administered

On the bank wrote: March 26th, 2023, 7:40 am It's petty verbal disputes that put people off reading this message board. Who knows what level of illness the former chairman is suffering. I can only hope he recovers. It's not helped by somebody demanding the trust members should know everything, on and on and on, when they are not even a trust member and are against the trust's current format. The man could be dying and all we have had is a persistent witch hunt because the trust members must know the all the facts. Why must they? May be the former chairman is not perfect, no one is, he's a human being and no person has no annoying traits and habits or does not annoy or cause annoyance to someone, albeit a work colleague. But the continual dispute on here is so, so tedious. Pages of this continual nonsense to know still nothing,but because trust members must know everything according to one person who is not a trust member. The former chairman could be suffering terminal illness and al you get here, who is in charge now? was he a bully.?Who cares all I am interested in and have been since 1975 are the county's matches and results. As far as I can see being a board member is a thankless and onerous task. With a lot of added stress for probably few rewards. It's no surprise come elections nobody stands. And those who do, on a shield of justice remit, quickly leave when the realise this stance can not be continued when running a business.
That’s all very well and I’m sure you represent a considerable number of our fan base but you don’t speak for everyone and other views deserve to be aired too.
Like you I bear Mr Foxall no ill will at all and wish him a speedy return to full health, as I think would any reasonable human being.
No, the point is not that, the point is the question, “ what is the health of our football club?”
As a fan for over seventy years, I for one, have more than a passing interest in that question and like a few others seek a bit more transparency in elucidating the truth. No, I don’t want the minutiae of how much the first team socks cost, I want to know the real financial situation, whether or not we are being sued and who the hell is skippering the ship. It’s not a lot to ask for a supposedly fans-owned club - and before you ask, yes I am a shareholder and member of the Trust.

lowandhard wrote: March 26th, 2023, 11:52 am
On the bank wrote: March 26th, 2023, 7:40 am It's petty verbal disputes that put people off reading this message board. Who knows what level of illness the former chairman is suffering. I can only hope he recovers. It's not helped by somebody demanding the trust members should know everything, on and on and on, when they are not even a trust member and are against the trust's current format. The man could be dying and all we have had is a persistent witch hunt because the trust members must know the all the facts. Why must they? May be the former chairman is not perfect, no one is, he's a human being and no person has no annoying traits and habits or does not annoy or cause annoyance to someone, albeit a work colleague. But the continual dispute on here is so, so tedious. Pages of this continual nonsense to know still nothing,but because trust members must know everything according to one person who is not a trust member. The former chairman could be suffering terminal illness and al you get here, who is in charge now? was he a bully.?Who cares all I am interested in and have been since 1975 are the county's matches and results. As far as I can see being a board member is a thankless and onerous task. With a lot of added stress for probably few rewards. It's no surprise come elections nobody stands. And those who do, on a shield of justice remit, quickly leave when the realise this stance can not be continued when running a business.
That’s all very well and I’m sure you represent a considerable number of our fan base but you don’t speak for everyone and other views deserve to be aired too.
Like you I bear Mr Foxall no ill will at all and wish him a speedy return to full health, as I think would any reasonable human being.
No, the point is not that, the point is the question, “ what is the health of our football club?”
As a fan for over seventy years, I for one, have more than a passing interest in that question and like a few others seek a bit more transparency in elucidating the truth. No, I don’t want the minutiae of how much the first team socks cost, I want to know the real financial situation, whether or not we are being sued and who the hell is skippering the ship. It’s not a lot to ask for a supposedly fans-owned club - and before you ask, yes I am a shareholder and member of the Trust.
Well Stan has indicated that an action may be pending, he has never stated that it has started, so may or may not happen.

Someone has posted that the financial figures will be available from Companies house in a couple of months. Before then it seems to me likely that an EGM will be called, and would suggest that the current financial plan will be put against a possible future alternative at the EGM.

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 26th, 2023, 1:13 pm
Well Stan has indicated that an action may be pending, he has never stated that it has started, so may or may not happen.

Someone has posted that the financial figures will be available from Companies house in a couple of months. Before then it seems to me likely that an EGM will be called, and would suggest that the current financial plan will be put against a possible future alternative at the EGM.
Having just reminded myself of the AGM of Sept 2018, when the result of the survey about future ownership was discussed, I believe the following are salient points.
Firstly, as the survey indicated that 74 % of the responders (trust and non- trust members) indicated a preference for a hybrid model the Trust board accepted that they have a mandate to explore what a hybrid model could look like.
Secondly they will communicate those explorations to the Trust members for discussion, possibly at a series of meetings, before potentially putting it to a vote.
Thirdly that process is likely to take place in the close season.
I'm unsure, if these potential discussions take place, whether or not, they are likely to take place before or after the latest financial audit has been filed.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: March 26th, 2023, 2:07 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: March 26th, 2023, 1:13 pm

Having just reminded myself of the AGM of Sept 2018, when the result of the survey about future ownership was discussed, I believe the following are salient points.
Firstly, as the survey indicated that 74 % of the responders (trust and non- trust members) indicated a preference for a hybrid model the Trust board accepted that they have a mandate to explore what a hybrid model could look like.
Secondly they will communicate those explorations to the Trust members for discussion, possibly at a series of meetings, before potentially putting it to a vote.
Thirdly that process is likely to take place in the close season.
I'm unsure, if these potential discussions take place, whether or not, they are likely to take place before or after the latest financial audit has been filed.
The first of these meetings was held. At that meeting a majority decided not to take the idea forward and it was dropped.

"Trust members are reminded that, as per our previous communication and following the consultation carried out last year with supporters, we will be holding our first workshop on the current Trust model on Wednesday 11th September between 7pm and 9pm at Bar Amber.

All Trust members are welcome to attend."

Interesting times ahead for the Trust. We, the Trust, the Trust Board will have to take a decision soon on the way forward and whether we seek to go forward with a hybrid model. We have discarded the idea once. I have no idea how the hybrid model will work and I need some further information on it.

Whatever peoples views on the current working arrangements at the club/Trust it seems that Jon Pratt is the catalyst for change up until now. No one knows what his plans/motives are because he hasn’t told us. Surely in the interest of the club and to stop speculation, a statement from him would be welcome.

As it stands, I wouldn’t vote for change because I have no idea what it would mean.

There is no such thing as a ‘hybrid model’.
Someone might offer to buy the Trust’s controlling interest & then give the Trust a token place or two on the board.
But the idea that someone is going to sink a load of their hard-earned into the club & then let the Trust decide how it’s spent is for the birds.
Two options in my view - fan ownership or private ownership. There’s no in between.

pembsexile wrote: March 26th, 2023, 3:19 pm Interesting times ahead for the Trust. We, the Trust, the Trust Board will have to take a decision soon on the way forward and whether we seek to go forward with a hybrid model. We have discarded the idea once. I have no idea how the hybrid model will work and I need some further information on it.

Whatever peoples views on the current working arrangements at the club/Trust it seems that Jon Pratt is the catalyst for change up until now. No one knows what his plans/motives are because he hasn’t told us. Surely in the interest of the club and to stop speculation, a statement from him would be welcome.

As it stands, I wouldn’t vote for change because I have no idea what it would mean.
I understand that position precisely and especially because I also have always favoured the Trust model. However we may be faced with a difficult decision in the near future. If the Trust is finding itself unable to maintain a stable financial situation ( I don’t know that to be true, mind you ) we are left on the horns of a dilemma. We either content ourselves with a fans-owned model possibly involving an eventual relegation because of inadequate first team funding or we take a chance of relinquishing ownership in the hopes of enhancing funding and possible improvement in our fortunes but of course with no guarantee that that will, in fact, be the outcome. We don’t have the simple decision that Wrexham fans had to make ie putative owners with fairly limitless cash. It’s not an easy one and hence the need for a great degree of transparency between the Trust and the fans, we need that to make a rational decision. We will all need our wits about us and some full and frank discussions. It’s unlikely that anyone coming in would be content with anything less than a controlling interest so once we let go of the reins…

lowandhard wrote: March 26th, 2023, 3:57 pm
pembsexile wrote: March 26th, 2023, 3:19 pm Interesting times ahead for the Trust. We, the Trust, the Trust Board will have to take a decision soon on the way forward and whether we seek to go forward with a hybrid model. We have discarded the idea once. I have no idea how the hybrid model will work and I need some further information on it.

I understand that position precisely and especially because I also have always favoured the Trust model. However we may be faced with a difficult decision in the near future. If the Trust is finding itself unable to maintain a stable financial situation ( I don’t know that to be true, mind you ) we are left on the horns of a dilemma. We either content ourselves with a fans-owned model possibly involving an eventual relegation because of inadequate first team funding or we take a chance of relinquishing ownership in the hopes of enhancing funding and possible improvement in our fortunes but of course with no guarantee that that will, in fact, be the outcome. We don’t have the simple decision that Wrexham fans had to make ie putative owners with fairly limitless cash. It’s not an easy one and hence the need for a great degree of transparency between the Trust and the fans, we need that to make a rational decision. We will all need our wits about us and some full and frank discussions. It’s unlikely that anyone coming in would be content with anything less than a controlling interest so once we let go of the reins…
I too would much prefer a fans owned club. Sadly I think that that dream is dying if not dead. There are those I know who argue that if the Trust is failing it is the fault of it's members and ex members. I take the view that the way the Trust rust has been run has put fan engagement off.

Either way I don't suppose it matters much, that ship has sailed with us still on the quay.

I don't know Jon Pratt. I have been assured by those who do that he is the real deal.

I hope so.

[quote}

I too would much prefer a fans owned club. Sadly I think that that dream is dying if not dead. There are those I know who argue that if the Trust is failing it is the fault of it's members and ex members. I take the view that the way the Trust rust has been run has put fan engagement off.

Either way I don't suppose it matters much, that ship has sailed with us still on the quay.

I don't know Jon Pratt. I have been assured by those who do that he is the real deal.

I hope so.
[/quote]

Me too. My concern is that he has not said a word to supporters since joining the board.

As with Wrexham, the only ‘we’ who will have a decision to make is the Trust membership. No-one else will have a say.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 26th, 2023, 4:24 pm

I hope so.
Said by someone who doesn't contribute towards the trust, and has never chosen to contribute towards the trust.......

I also don't know Jon Pratt, but it would be very rare for anyone to invest substantial personal wealth in a football club. That's just not how you amass substantial personal wealth in the first place.

IMO it's much more likely that Jon Pratt has business contacts who wish to invest for some return, and to put the club in debt. The long term issue then becomes who is willing to take on a club with a debt, when the existing custodian decides to move on......

Personally I hope he has idea's on how to use the income that we have from trust subscriptions etc to service debt, and he remains part of the board by being formally voted into position.

Jonesy3 wrote: March 26th, 2023, 5:54 pm [quote}

I hope so.
Me too. My concern is that he has not said a word to supporters since joining the board.
[/quote]

My concern is that he hasn't got any real money. And in any case lives in America where he cannot do much to help us other than give money.

G Guest wrote: March 26th, 2023, 6:27 pm
Jonesy3 wrote: March 26th, 2023, 5:54 pm [quote}

I hope so.
My concern is that he hasn't got any real money. And in any case lives in America where he cannot do much to help us other than give money.
[/quote]
And where does Ryan Reynolds live, at least Jon is a long standing supporter?