Re: So now we know

whoareya wrote: March 27th, 2023, 6:14 pm
Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 27th, 2023, 6:05 pm
whoareya wrote: March 27th, 2023, 5:55 pm
I dont actually give a ****, im more concerned about the number of bitter pensioners who snipe from afar, having lost their links to the real world.
You're entitled to your view of course.

Personally I remember Gerald Ratner. A man who decided to take the p!ss out of his customers and crashed his company. I think that for a game where a number of loyal supporters couldn't get tickets to have the bloated chairman of our club waving four tickets above his head was just rubbing people's noses in it.

I guess he relied upon idiots more concerned with pensioners living abroad. :grin:
I had a ticket, in fact I had several.
See, I'm a Trust member and a Shareholder and a Season Ticket holder at the time, and I got off my arse, put a bit of effort in and followed the instructions about how to get my tickets. Everyone that I know did the same and got tickets. It seems only simpletons that didn't follow the instructions went empty handed. I've no problem with that.

So you see there wasn't a real issue with ticket shortages, other than those whining on here wanting to sit next family and friends and their usual seats.

But I don't expect you to agree, it was you that said directors of our fan owned club should decline the Board room hospitality at away games.

******* loon.
Quite correct Season Ticket Holders were entitled to 2 tickets, Trust Members were also entitled to a ticket.
Ticket sales were available ST Holders and Trust Members prior to general release.
So yes most genuine fans could get hold of a ticket, if they weren't ST Holders they could of got one from a friend who was and had one of their 2 allocations. If not they could of queued up when on release to the public.
Perhaps members of the board should show a little more discretion by not waving their tickets in public (if that is what happened).

landinho wrote: March 31st, 2023, 10:33 pm Not sure it’s been raised elsewhere but I found it interesting that Coughlan, when asked which directors he interacts with, named Crook and Madigan (the only non elected directors). Interesting indication of the scale of their current involvement.
I noted that also. There is one other non elected director of course.
Have to say GC did paint a positive picture, when talking about pre-season planning and 'sounding out' of potential signings for next season. This gives the impression that those conversations with directors has indicated to him his likely player budget for next season.

landinho wrote: March 31st, 2023, 10:33 pm Not sure it’s been raised elsewhere but I found it interesting that Coughlan, when asked which directors he interacts with, named Crook and Madigan (the only non elected directors). Interesting indication of the scale of their current involvement.
Yes, I thought that, he also made favourable comments about Kelly Anderson as well, so that's the three non elected directors seemingly taking lead roles now. Perhaps they were instrumental in getting the Superfan on board and onto the Board?

Isn't KA off the board now because she's full time? Might be getting confused. Either way, I do think the board needs to be more open with fans about which directors are having more hands on roles. I have no problem with Crook and Madigan (sure they have great experience in the private sector), but it'd be nice to know how these things are being shared out.

landinho wrote: April 1st, 2023, 3:03 pm Isn't KA off the board now because she's full time? Might be getting confused. Either way, I do think the board needs to be more open with fans about which directors are having more hands on roles. I have no problem with Crook and Madigan (sure they have great experience in the private sector), but it'd be nice to know how these things are being shared out.
As KA is interim CEO, it means she will have taken on the responsibility as secretary to the Trust board, and presumably a place on the football club 'group' also as was NS.