Re: So now we know

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 27th, 2023, 12:53 pm
Taunton Iron Cider wrote: March 27th, 2023, 12:29 pm
whoareya wrote: March 27th, 2023, 12:22 pm
Taunton Iron Cider wrote: March 27th, 2023, 12:17 pm
Jonesy3 wrote: March 27th, 2023, 8:22 am
DeePeeNCAFC wrote: March 27th, 2023, 7:41 am [quote=.
My own opinion is that the greenbacks will be coming our way if Jon Pratt gets his way. As to the specifics of that I have no idea. Why else would a successful businessman spend many months trying to contact the club, eventually find a way and then get co-opted onto the Board. Successful businessmen/women don’t waste their time whistling in the wind. He is here for a reason, on that I have no doubt. He will need an EGM to do it, but a takeover it will probably be.
I agree. I also feel we should ditch any continued ideas of being a fans-owned club. We should WANT to win the club but I don’t think it’s what we NEED.

Sell the club to Mr Pratt with a guarantee of a fans representative on the board and let him get on with running the business and investing in the team and infrastructure.

Being run by fans won’t acquire a ground or training ground, but he’ll have more clout with the council than a board of elected volunteers will. We’ll never progress and prosper without proper direction, we’ve spent the last few years just trying to be nice tenants and not upsetting the council or landlord. Time for action now so we can see a viable future. My views only.
Sell it? I doubt if any money will change hands. There are no assets to sell.
Well at the time of the hybrid vote, the first barrier created by the Trust board was a £5m value on the franchise!
Yes, based on the guaranteed annual income from the Football League payment for playing in League Two. Probably the most significant asset we have.
Obviously relegation would have a material impact on the Club’s value, and without suitable finances that will be an ever present risk.
[/quote]

Is that a reason to reduce the value of the club, based on something that could happen, but hasn't?

[/quote]

Personally i found the Trust's £5m figure fanciful and saw it as a deliberate ploy to frighten off any potential suiters. As for your question, yes I would certainly discount any value if I was looking down rather than up the League. What price Rochdale, and look at our cost in getting out of non league never mind the £m's being thrown at it by Wrexham and Notts County?
Also it has been said on numerous occasions that if we were to be relegated then once again we could be facing financial Armageddon.

In 2021 the Net Worth of our Club was £837k, two years on and we have not got a clue as to whether that figure has been added to or significantly depleted because of losses. In my view there can be few excuses in not publishing figures within 6 months of the financial year end, particularly if it was to represent good news and dispel some of the more pessimistic rumours!

Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 27th, 2023, 1:56 pm
Well at the time of the hybrid vote, the first barrier created by the Trust board was a £5m value on the franchise!
Exactly.

But unfortunately the bunch of self serving jokers were able to get away with boosting their own bloated egos, and living it up on the payments of Trust members.

Another group who can't escape blame are the, 'I don't need to know what's going on at our club, just smile and enjoy the ride' Brigade.

The truth is coming out. And when it does, I look forward to those that believe that if they 'had the power to ban me from this board' they would, go down on their knees and beg my forgiveness.

And if they do I will tell them my forgiveness matters not. I wasn't taken in. A lot of people on limited incomes were. They were shafted. It is they who deserve an apology.

And let's be honest. When we played Manchester City many real supporters didn't get a ticket. And yet the South Wales Argus printed a photograph of Kevin Ward waving four tickets for the game. His laughing face telling us he didn't have a problem getting tickets.

That is how directors of a fans owned club treated the fans. That's how we were viewed. And still there are people who come on here and defend them.
Exactly who was it tried to get you banned Stan?

Why did you ask me to send an email with a list of allegations including that the club was broke, but simply didn't mention any of the other allegations in your own email? Was it because you weren't actually sure they were true? Because your email was very different wasn't it.

Why did you redact your email posted here?

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: March 27th, 2023, 2:59 pm
My own opinion is that the greenbacks will be coming our way if Jon Pratt gets his way. As to the specifics of that I have no idea. Why else would a successful businessman spend many months trying to contact the club, eventually find a way and then get co-opted onto the Board. Successful businessmen/women don’t waste their time whistling in the wind. He is here for a reason, on that I have no doubt. He will need an EGM to do it, but a takeover it will probably be.
I agree. I also feel we should ditch any continued ideas of being a fans-owned club. We should WANT to win the club but I don’t think it’s what we NEED.

Sell the club to Mr Pratt with a guarantee of a fans representative on the board and let him get on with running the business and investing in the team and infrastructure.

Being run by fans won’t acquire a ground or training ground, but he’ll have more clout with the council than a board of elected volunteers will. We’ll never progress and prosper without proper direction, we’ve spent the last few years just trying to be nice tenants and not upsetting the council or landlord. Time for action now so we can see a viable future. My views only.
Yes, based on the guaranteed annual income from the Football League payment for playing in League Two. Probably the most significant asset we have.
Obviously relegation would have a material impact on the Club’s value, and without suitable finances that will be an ever present risk.
Is that a reason to reduce the value of the club, based on something that could happen, but hasn't?

[/quote]

Personally i found the Trust's £5m figure fanciful and saw it as a deliberate ploy to frighten off any potential suiters. As for your question, yes I would certainly discount any value if I was looking down rather than up the League. What price Rochdale, and look at our cost in getting out of non league never mind the £m's being thrown at it by Wrexham and Notts County?
Also it has been said on numerous occasions that if we were to be relegated then once again we could be facing financial Armageddon.

In 2021 the Net Worth of our Club was £837k, two years on and we have not got a clue as to whether that figure has been added to or significantly depleted because of losses. In my view there can be few excuses in not publishing figures within 6 months of the financial year end, particularly if it was to represent good news and dispel some of the more pessimistic rumours!
[/quote]

A company that has a guaranteed income from tv of £1 million plus, has £800,000 in the bank, has around £1 million in ticket sales, and has hospitality and electronic advertising revenue, doesn't have a net worth of £837k, does it?

Valuing a business on what catastrophe may happen, might well be appealing to a potential buyer, but if you are only likely to attract unviable alternatives, what exactly do you achieve?

George Guest posted that if it was in his power he would ban me from this board.

I posted that I redacted Mr Stephenson's name because his health issues were and should be private.

If you spent a little more time reading that which people wrote and a little less time kissing ar@e you might not make such a fool of yourself.

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 27th, 2023, 3:43 pm

[/quote]

A company that has a guaranteed income from tv of £1 million plus, has £800,000 in the bank, has around £1 million in ticket sales, and has hospitality and electronic advertising revenue, doesn't have a net worth of £837k, does it?

Valuing a business on what catastrophe may happen, might well be appealing to a potential buyer, but if you are only likely to attract unviable alternatives, what exactly do you achieve?
[/quote]

Bangit I'm afraid that your argument is flawed, the old saying of turnover is vanity, profit is sanity and cash is reality applies. As for the cash, you are correct that in 2021 there was £836k in the Clubs bank account, however that was down from £1,331,691 in 2020 with no explanation given for the £500k decrease. Since that time 24 months of further water has gone under the County's bridge, so what the current cash position is, only the inner sanctum knows.

Exactly.

But unfortunately the bunch of self serving jokers were able to get away with boosting their own bloated egos, and living it up on the payments of Trust members.

Another group who can't escape blame are the, 'I don't need to know what's going on at our club, just smile and enjoy the ride' Brigade.

The truth is coming out. And when it does, I look forward to those that believe that if they 'had the power to ban me from this board' they would, go down on their knees and beg my forgiveness.

And if they do I will tell them my forgiveness matters not. I wasn't taken in. A lot of people on limited incomes were. They were shafted. It is they who deserve an apology.

And let's be honest. When we played Manchester City many real supporters didn't get a ticket. And yet the South Wales Argus printed a photograph of Kevin Ward waving four tickets for the game. His laughing face telling us he didn't have a problem getting tickets.

That is how directors of a fans owned club treated the fans. That's how we were viewed. And still there are people who come on here and defend them.
Wow, quite a tirade that, but in keeping with your obsessive scrutiny and critique. You appear to be salivating at the departure of the two Board members who did what you can't cope with - ignored you.

I don't think any of them were 'living it up on the payments of Trust members' - they were unpaid volunteer roles and guess what, if any Board member had four tickets to a cup game then bloody good luck to him.

If this rumoured loss does become a truth then I for one don't hold it against any of them for having a go at running the club, I certainly don't see it as a deliberate, self-serving fiefdom , whereas you hold them to account for every micro issue that you can think of, real or imaginary.

This is more about you being proved right than why it seems to have gone wrong.

But that has always been the case.

And I have no doubt that it will all start again with the new regime if they dare not to prioritise a new stadium....................

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: March 27th, 2023, 4:35 pm

Bangit I'm afraid that your argument is flawed, the old saying of turnover is vanity, profit is sanity and cash is reality applies. As for the cash, you are correct that in 2021 there was £836k in the Clubs bank account, however that was down from £1,331,691 in 2020 with no explanation given for the £500k decrease. Since that time 24 months of further water has gone under the County's bridge, so what the current cash position is, only the inner sanctum knows.
I don't think you have any idea of the scale of costs associated with running a football club.

How about £1.25 million a year on wages alone? I bet the first team squad alone are costing £750,000. It soon racks up when adding in Employers NI, pension contributions sick pay, holiday pay etc.

whoareya wrote: March 27th, 2023, 5:18 pm

I don't think you have any idea of the scale of costs associated with running a football club.

How about £1.25 million a year on wages alone? I bet the first team squad alone are costing £750,000. It soon racks up when adding in Employers NI, pension contributions sick pay, holiday pay etc.
I certainly do have an idea, and my question on the bank balances was when the Club reported a profit, not a loss. I’m however struggling at the moment to understand your argument, as two further years (2022 & 2023) of that logic would indeed see us with all kinds of problems. To paraphrase Dickens, annual earnings £2m annual expenditure £1.9m, result happiness, annual earnings £2m, annual expenditure £2.1m, result misery.
So which camp do you think we are in?

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: March 27th, 2023, 5:34 pm
whoareya wrote: March 27th, 2023, 5:18 pm

I certainly do have an idea, and my question on the bank balances was when the Club reported a profit, not a loss. I’m however struggling at the moment to understand your argument, as two further years (2022 & 2023) of that logic would indeed see us with all kinds of problems. To paraphrase Dickens, annual earnings £2m annual expenditure £1.9m, result happiness, annual earnings £2m, annual expenditure £2.1m, result misery.
So which camp do you think we are in?
I dont actually give a ****, im more concerned about the number of bitter pensioners who snipe from afar, having lost their links to the real world.

whoareya wrote: March 27th, 2023, 5:55 pm
I dont actually give a ****, im more concerned about the number of bitter pensioners who snipe from afar, having lost their links to the real world.
You're entitled to your view of course.

Personally I remember Gerald Ratner. A man who decided to take the p!ss out of his customers and crashed his company. I think that for a game where a number of loyal supporters couldn't get tickets to have the bloated chairman of our club waving four tickets above his head was just rubbing people's noses in it.

I guess he relied upon idiots more concerned with pensioners living abroad. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 27th, 2023, 6:05 pm

Personally I remember Gerald Ratner. A man who decided to take the p!ss out of his customers and crashed his company. I think that for a game where a number of loyal supporters couldn't get tickets to have the bloated chairman of our club waving four tickets above his head was just rubbing people's noses in it.

I guess he relied upon idiots more concerned with pensioners living abroad. :grin:
I had a ticket, in fact I had several.
See, I'm a Trust member and a Shareholder and a Season Ticket holder at the time, and I got off my arse, put a bit of effort in and followed the instructions about how to get my tickets. Everyone that I know did the same and got tickets. It seems only simpletons that didn't follow the instructions went empty handed. I've no problem with that.

So you see there wasn't a real issue with ticket shortages, other than those whining on here wanting to sit next family and friends and their usual seats.

But I don't expect you to agree, it was you that said directors of our fan owned club should decline the Board room hospitality at away games.

******* loon.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 27th, 2023, 6:05 pm

Now I know this will result in abuse & insults because that’s what you do when you are challenged, but what the **** are you talking about?

First it’s Ward with 4 tickets, then it’s the ‘bloated chairman’ waving them above his head. It can’t be both.

Also, can you show us this photo from the Argus of either of them waving four tickets above his head? £100 to a charity of your choice if you can.

It seems your obsessive animosity towards two individuals is totally clouding what should be an important debate.

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 27th, 2023, 3:43 pm

[/quote]

[/quote]

That was then, now is now.........

Plus we only have someone who doesn't want a Trust providing the bile..........

Exactly.

I thought I should post it again for those who still think he isn't a troll....................