Re: So now we know

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 10th, 2023, 3:31 pm
Jonesy3 wrote: March 24th, 2023, 4:51 pm Likewise. I know from speaking to a member of his family recently that he has been very ill for several weeks and receiving treatment. They did not wish this to be known, but have now obviously decided to go public. I hope people can now show a little respect and give the man and his family some privacy.

There you eejit.

Somebody called Jonesy3 posted it on here. Said the family had gone public.
Nice try, but nope. At no point did I specify the nature of his illness, because I had ben asked not to. The 'going public' was the reference to him resigning on the grounds of ill health. You are the only person who has specified a particular illness. The same family member I spoke to then is outraged that you have done so. Stop trying to defend the indefensible.

Jonesy3 wrote: May 10th, 2023, 3:52 pm
Jonesy3 wrote: March 24th, 2023, 4:51 pm Likewise. I know from speaking to a member of his family recently that he has been very ill for several weeks and receiving treatment. They did not wish this to be known, but have now obviously decided to go public. I hope people can now show a little respect and give the man and his family some privacy.

There you eejit.

Nice try, but nope. At no point did I specify the nature of his illness, because I had ben asked not to. The 'going public' was the reference to him resigning on the grounds of ill health. You are the only person who has specified a particular illness. The same family member I spoke to then is outraged that you have done so. Stop trying to defend the indefensible.

If it wasn’t known publicly, how would Stan know?

wattsville_boy wrote: March 24th, 2023, 5:31 pm

Sorry but this drip-drip effect doesn't really wash. There were allegations apparently made against him, if the rumours are believed, which could mean that his ill-health has been stress related. It is entirely possible that the BOD have allowed him to resign instead of being sacked and that the illness story conveniently covers this.

We are now two elected directors down. When are the BOD going to update us on what is happening within the club?

You know sometimes you can be a er um.....ah ..... now what's the term I'm looking for?

Malign presence.

No that's not it. More a complete hypocrite.

Mind you I agree with what you say. :grin:

Exile 1976 wrote: May 10th, 2023, 4:12 pm

There you eejit.

We all know lots of things about lots of people. We don't all post those things on public messageboards. That's the point.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 25th, 2023, 7:33 am

Anyone subjected to such a procedure will be under enormous stress. In addition Mr Foxall has had Newport County at the centre of his life for many years and now that has gone. It would be difficult enough for him to have dealt with that under normal circumstances. That he has left under a cloud merely magnifies his loss.

It would be hypocritical of me not to welcome his departure. Equally there are no winners. On a personal level I hope Mr Foxall recovers his health. I hope he is able to rebuild his life.
I understand from Jonesy3 that Mr Foxall's family are outraged by my comments on Mr Foxall's health.

Sorry to quote myself but perhaps can assist me by telling me what is so outrageous about this?

Jonesy3 wrote: May 10th, 2023, 4:59 pm
Exile 1976 wrote: May 10th, 2023, 4:12 pm

There you eejit.

We all know lots of things about lots of people. We don't all post those things on public messageboards. That's the point.

On a Newport County fans message board, it was put on by a Newport County fan, who you have been crying over now, despite the information being public knowledge anyway (this has been discussed by County fans for a few months now)

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 10th, 2023, 5:01 pm

Anyone subjected to such a procedure will be under enormous stress. In addition Mr Foxall has had Newport County at the centre of his life for many years and now that has gone. It would be difficult enough for him to have dealt with that under normal circumstances. That he has left under a cloud merely magnifies his loss.

It would be hypocritical of me not to welcome his departure. Equally there are no winners. On a personal level I hope Mr Foxall recovers his health. I hope he is able to rebuild his life.
I understand from Jonesy3 that Mr Foxall's family are outraged by my comments on Mr Foxall's health.

Sorry to quote myself but perhaps can assist me by telling me what is so outrageous about this?
Your above quote is not from the post at issue, as you well know. You are deflecting, and no doubt this is why you have moved the issue to this thread and not the 'End This Rumour' thread which is where I challenged you because you state this...

"They were aware of what was being said. And they did nothing to put a stop to it. Knowing that Mr Foxall was suffering from depression they allowed rumours to be spread that he was a thief. They could and should have put a stop to that in March."

That is a specific reference to a specific illness. It is not a generic term. That is information that is not in the public domain and nor should it be.

Now just admit you're wrong and apologise. I'm done with your nonsense.

Jonesy3 wrote: May 10th, 2023, 5:50 pm

Your above quote is not from the post at issue, as you well know. You are deflecting, and no doubt this is why you have moved the issue to this thread and not the 'End This Rumour' thread which is where I challenged you because you state this...

"They were aware of what was being said. And they did nothing to put a stop to it. Knowing that Mr Foxall was suffering from depression they allowed rumours to be spread that he was a thief. They could and should have put a stop to that in March."

That is a specific reference to a specific illness. It is not a generic term. That is information that is not in the public domain and nor should it be.

You're the one who has put the word depression in bold.

Sometimes when I read this board I despair at the utter stupidity of some of the posts I read. Yours is one such post.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: May 10th, 2023, 6:11 pm
Jonesy3 wrote: May 10th, 2023, 5:50 pm

You're the one who has put the word depression in bold.

Sometimes when I read this board I despair at the utter stupidity of some of the posts I read. Yours is one such post.
I thought I had read it all but this post is completely and utterly outrageous. You are beneath contempt.