Woke up this morning and the Chairman was gone,
Chirpy Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep.

Where's the money gone,
Where's the money gone,
Where's the money gone,
All the money gone?
Far far away,
Far far away.

My apologies to those of a certain age who will have a ear worm for the rest of the day.

Re: So now we know

Jonesy3 wrote: March 26th, 2023, 5:54 pm [quote}

I too would much prefer a fans owned club. Sadly I think that that dream is dying if not dead. There are those I know who argue that if the Trust is failing it is the fault of it's members and ex members. I take the view that the way the Trust rust has been run has put fan engagement off.

Either way I don't suppose it matters much, that ship has sailed with us still on the quay.

I don't know Jon Pratt. I have been assured by those who do that he is the real deal.

I hope so.
Me too. My concern is that he has not said a word to supporters since joining the board.
[/quote]

Maybe he had to sign a NDA so can't say anything just yet.

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 27th, 2023, 11:30 am
whoareya wrote: March 27th, 2023, 11:14 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: March 27th, 2023, 11:03 am
whoareya wrote: March 27th, 2023, 10:34 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: March 27th, 2023, 10:04 am
whoareya wrote: March 27th, 2023, 9:43 am Rather than now we know, perhaps what we might now know:

Reporting an operating loss is now looming.
Simultaneously the Trust board had the opportunity to talk to the Superfan.
Some board members wanted to tough it out and carry on regardless, others were not so keen on being responsible for reporting an operating loss - perhaps fed up of operating with the professionalism of a hotdog street vendor.
A board room split occurred, on this occasion the board split in favour of the Superfan and subsequently co-opted him onto the Board.
Two Board members resign quickly afterwards, one of whom giving such a public denial of a board room split that it can be nothing other than a board room split......

The future:
Superfan develops a swish marketing campaign to ensure that the hybrid model is 'clearly our only chance of survival'.
Superfan may even join the Trust that saved the club he purports to have supported since being a kid, whilst maintaining a 'dignified silence' (on top of the current radio silence) as to why he never joined the rest of us peasants to buy Community Shares and save the club in our most recent hour of need.
Trust membership (including Superfan) votes for change, with a promise of ' fan representation' on the board.
Fan ownership ends, possibly even with the previous club shareholders stepping forward again to join the new dawn.
Club rebranded to Newport County FC 2023 LLP/LtdCo/Inc......
Trust membership realises that 'representation' on the Board is a token gesture. They make the tea.
Trust membership realises that they've fallen for the same smoke and mirrors trick that Newport Rugby Club fell for when they voted to give Rodney Parade away and slip into obscurity.
Trust membership realises that the hybrid model has mated a stallion (the Superfan) with a donkey (the Trust) and created a mule.......

Other scenarios are available, subject to varying degrees of cynicism................

AFAIK NCAFC have until the very recent past, always reported an operating loss. I know the above is tongue in cheek, but out of interest which former director is giving public denials?

Extract from the Kevin Ward article in the Argus 17th March
“For clarity, this is the sole reason for my resignation. There is no boardroom split, there has been no behind-the-scenes bust-up, there has been no disagreement with my fellow County directors.”

I think there is a 'proper' loss looming (ie were are skint, we are losing money, more money is going out than coming in), not an accounting loss (ie fudging of turnover/profit/debt to report a theoretical accounting loss for tax efficiency).

Tongue in cheek? definitely
Cynical? definitely
Accurate? wait and see
You know that the Newport Centre closed this week, and Kevin Ward is now chairman of the group overseeing hundreds of millions in demolition and construction costs, along with existing assets, do you? I believe he has resigned from a number of other roles as well.
If he has stated that he hasn't had a boardroom bust up, I see no logic in suggesting that he has.

On what basis, do you believe otherwise? Surely not on the basis of a disgruntled employee telling Stan that he/she Intends to sue the club for millions?
I can assure you that the redevelopment of the Newport Centre will not fall onto the shoulders of the new Chairman of Newport Live. In any case it has been in progress for a long long time, it just happens that the demolition phase is now commencing.
The day to day responsibility will lie with the respective contractors, architects and numerous other building consultants deployed at great cost to the Newport public.

Regarding boardroom bust up - I don't rely on any one else's opinion, just my own eyes and ears, previous examples of County board room bust ups and previous life experiences. And "The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
The responsibility of day to day issues will indead fall upon others, however they have to be instructed when problems arrise that have not been quoted or budgeted for. Labour and material costs are rising steaply, and therefore it simply won't be a sit back and let them get on with it situation. His board will have to make financial decisions, that have consequential knock on affects, on other things under their control, and he will now be leading that decision making process.

Has he protested too much then?
I think you misunderstand the nature of Newport Live, its a Council quango set up to manage the financially incontinent leisure services, keeping the debt off the Council balance sheet. The new Chairman has a career in media and communications, not commercial property development, so why do you think it'll all fall to him and his board, other than to rubber stamp what the legions of consultants ans managing agents have already agreed and decided upon.

And yes, when you look beyond the denial of bust ups - the timings and background noise of perhaps forced dialogue with a third party tell me there's been a bust up.

Tony Soprano wrote: March 27th, 2023, 12:13 pm

I too would much prefer a fans owned club. Sadly I think that that dream is dying if not dead. There are those I know who argue that if the Trust is failing it is the fault of it's members and ex members. I take the view that the way the Trust rust has been run has put fan engagement off.

Either way I don't suppose it matters much, that ship has sailed with us still on the quay.

I don't know Jon Pratt. I have been assured by those who do that he is the real deal.

I hope so.
Me too. My concern is that he has not said a word to supporters since joining the board.
[/quote]

Or perhaps he wants to be fully appraised of the financial situation of the club. If I were a businessman about to become involved in a football club I'd want to go thoroughly through the books before I went public.

Chirpy Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep. Damn it I can't get that f@cking tune out of my head.

Jonesy3 wrote: March 27th, 2023, 8:22 am
DeePeeNCAFC wrote: March 27th, 2023, 7:41 am [quote=.
My own opinion is that the greenbacks will be coming our way if Jon Pratt gets his way. As to the specifics of that I have no idea. Why else would a successful businessman spend many months trying to contact the club, eventually find a way and then get co-opted onto the Board. Successful businessmen/women don’t waste their time whistling in the wind. He is here for a reason, on that I have no doubt. He will need an EGM to do it, but a takeover it will probably be.
I agree. I also feel we should ditch any continued ideas of being a fans-owned club. We should WANT to win the club but I don’t think it’s what we NEED.

Sell the club to Mr Pratt with a guarantee of a fans representative on the board and let him get on with running the business and investing in the team and infrastructure.

Being run by fans won’t acquire a ground or training ground, but he’ll have more clout with the council than a board of elected volunteers will. We’ll never progress and prosper without proper direction, we’ve spent the last few years just trying to be nice tenants and not upsetting the council or landlord. Time for action now so we can see a viable future. My views only.
[/quote]

Sell it? I doubt if any money will change hands. There are no assets to sell.
[/quote]
Well at the time of the hybrid vote, the first barrier created by the Trust board was a £5m value on the franchise!

I hope so.
[/quote]

Surely not, one of our own Board members with an NDA with the organisation he's just joined?!

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: March 27th, 2023, 12:17 pm
My own opinion is that the greenbacks will be coming our way if Jon Pratt gets his way. As to the specifics of that I have no idea. Why else would a successful businessman spend many months trying to contact the club, eventually find a way and then get co-opted onto the Board. Successful businessmen/women don’t waste their time whistling in the wind. He is here for a reason, on that I have no doubt. He will need an EGM to do it, but a takeover it will probably be.
I agree. I also feel we should ditch any continued ideas of being a fans-owned club. We should WANT to win the club but I don’t think it’s what we NEED.

Sell the club to Mr Pratt with a guarantee of a fans representative on the board and let him get on with running the business and investing in the team and infrastructure.

Being run by fans won’t acquire a ground or training ground, but he’ll have more clout with the council than a board of elected volunteers will. We’ll never progress and prosper without proper direction, we’ve spent the last few years just trying to be nice tenants and not upsetting the council or landlord. Time for action now so we can see a viable future. My views only.
[/quote]
Well at the time of the hybrid vote, the first barrier created by the Trust board was a £5m value on the franchise!
[/quote]

Yes, based on the guaranteed annual income from the Football League payment for playing in League Two. Probably the most significant asset we have.

whoareya wrote: March 27th, 2023, 12:22 pm

[/quote]

Yes, based on the guaranteed annual income from the Football League payment for playing in League Two. Probably the most significant asset we have.
[/quote]
Obviously relegation would have a material impact on the Club’s value, and without suitable finances that will be an ever present risk.

whoareya wrote: March 27th, 2023, 12:14 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: March 27th, 2023, 11:30 am
whoareya wrote: March 27th, 2023, 11:14 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: March 27th, 2023, 11:03 am
whoareya wrote: March 27th, 2023, 10:34 am
Bangitintrnet wrote: March 27th, 2023, 10:04 am
whoareya wrote: March 27th, 2023, 9:43 am Rather than now we know, perhaps what we might now know:

Reporting an operating loss is now looming.
Simultaneously the Trust board had the opportunity to talk to the Superfan.
Some board members wanted to tough it out and carry on regardless, others were not so keen on being responsible for reporting an operating loss - perhaps fed up of operating with the professionalism of a hotdog street vendor.
A board room split occurred, on this occasion the board split in favour of the Superfan and subsequently co-opted him onto the Board.
Two Board members resign quickly afterwards, one of whom giving such a public denial of a board room split that it can be nothing other than a board room split......

The future:
Superfan develops a swish marketing campaign to ensure that the hybrid model is 'clearly our only chance of survival'.
Superfan may even join the Trust that saved the club he purports to have supported since being a kid, whilst maintaining a 'dignified silence' (on top of the current radio silence) as to why he never joined the rest of us peasants to buy Community Shares and save the club in our most recent hour of need.
Trust membership (including Superfan) votes for change, with a promise of ' fan representation' on the board.
Fan ownership ends, possibly even with the previous club shareholders stepping forward again to join the new dawn.
Club rebranded to Newport County FC 2023 LLP/LtdCo/Inc......
Trust membership realises that 'representation' on the Board is a token gesture. They make the tea.
Trust membership realises that they've fallen for the same smoke and mirrors trick that Newport Rugby Club fell for when they voted to give Rodney Parade away and slip into obscurity.
Trust membership realises that the hybrid model has mated a stallion (the Superfan) with a donkey (the Trust) and created a mule.......

Other scenarios are available, subject to varying degrees of cynicism................

AFAIK NCAFC have until the very recent past, always reported an operating loss. I know the above is tongue in cheek, but out of interest which former director is giving public denials?

Extract from the Kevin Ward article in the Argus 17th March
“For clarity, this is the sole reason for my resignation. There is no boardroom split, there has been no behind-the-scenes bust-up, there has been no disagreement with my fellow County directors.”

I think there is a 'proper' loss looming (ie were are skint, we are losing money, more money is going out than coming in), not an accounting loss (ie fudging of turnover/profit/debt to report a theoretical accounting loss for tax efficiency).

Tongue in cheek? definitely
Cynical? definitely
Accurate? wait and see
You know that the Newport Centre closed this week, and Kevin Ward is now chairman of the group overseeing hundreds of millions in demolition and construction costs, along with existing assets, do you? I believe he has resigned from a number of other roles as well.
If he has stated that he hasn't had a boardroom bust up, I see no logic in suggesting that he has.

On what basis, do you believe otherwise? Surely not on the basis of a disgruntled employee telling Stan that he/she Intends to sue the club for millions?
I can assure you that the redevelopment of the Newport Centre will not fall onto the shoulders of the new Chairman of Newport Live. In any case it has been in progress for a long long time, it just happens that the demolition phase is now commencing.
The day to day responsibility will lie with the respective contractors, architects and numerous other building consultants deployed at great cost to the Newport public.

Regarding boardroom bust up - I don't rely on any one else's opinion, just my own eyes and ears, previous examples of County board room bust ups and previous life experiences. And "The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
The responsibility of day to day issues will indead fall upon others, however they have to be instructed when problems arrise that have not been quoted or budgeted for. Labour and material costs are rising steaply, and therefore it simply won't be a sit back and let them get on with it situation. His board will have to make financial decisions, that have consequential knock on affects, on other things under their control, and he will now be leading that decision making process.

Has he protested too much then?
I think you misunderstand the nature of Newport Live, its a Council quango set up to manage the financially incontinent leisure services, keeping the debt off the Council balance sheet. The new Chairman has a career in media and communications, not commercial property development, so why do you think it'll all fall to him and his board, other than to rubber stamp what the legions of consultants ans managing agents have already agreed and decided upon.

And yes, when you look beyond the denial of bust ups - the timings and background noise of perhaps forced dialogue with a third party tell me there's been a bust up.
I think that you have summed it up by saying "to manage the financially incontinent leisure services, keeping the debt off the Council balance sheet"

His board now have to do that within the income that they have, they can't guarantee that any overspend will be made good by the Council can they?

As for third parties, they also have agenda's. Stan has posted above that there are only 3 possible scenarios 😂 which are all related to a Jon Pratt takeover.

So obviously it's impossible for him to contemplate Jon Pratt working to alter the existing trust structure, or even deciding it's not for him and walking away?

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: March 27th, 2023, 12:29 pm
whoareya wrote: March 27th, 2023, 12:22 pm

[/quote]
Obviously relegation would have a material impact on the Club’s value, and without suitable finances that will be an ever present risk.
[/quote]

Is that a reason to reduce the value of the club, based on something that could happen, but hasn't?

Some say the club should own it's own ground. Wouldn't that increase debt very substantially?

Commercial property has very few buyer's and it affects asset value, unless you have long term tenants. Football grounds have virtually no commercial value as an entity, and have to be linked with retail etc to spurn interest outside of one party. Just look at the Dragon's, they have been trying to get someone interested for 15 years.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 27th, 2023, 12:01 pm Last night I heard Four Tickets singing a song,
Chirpy, Chirpy, Chirpy, Cheep Cheep,
Woke up this morning and Four Tickets was gone,
Chirpy, Chirpy Chirpy, Cheep Cheep

Where's the money gone,
Where's the money gone,
Where's the money gone,
All the money gone,
Far far away,
Far, far away.

Last night I heard the Chairman singing a song,
Woke up this morning and the Chairman was gone,

Where's the money gone,
Where's the money gone,
Where's the money gone,
All the money gone?
Far far away,
Far far away.

My apologies to those of a certain age who will have a ear worm for the rest of the day.
No it's "Ooh-wee chirpy chirpy cheep cheep" :grin:

whoareya wrote: March 27th, 2023, 12:19 pm

I hope so.
Surely not, one of our own Board members with an NDA with the organisation he's just joined?!
[/quote]

From that I remember, an NDA was on of the three demands of the club Jon Pratt posted on Facebook, along with full access to the accounts for several years, and to be told how cheaply he could buy control of the club.
I'm sure somebody can find them and post them on here again so that we can be sure.

Exactly.

But unfortunately the bunch of self serving jokers were able to get away with boosting their own bloated egos, and living it up on the payments of Trust members.

Another group who can't escape blame are the, 'I don't need to know what's going on at our club, just smile and enjoy the ride' Brigade.

The truth is coming out. And when it does, I look forward to those that believe that if they 'had the power to ban me from this board' they would, go down on their knees and beg my forgiveness.

And if they do I will tell them my forgiveness matters not. I wasn't taken in. A lot of people on limited incomes were. They were shafted. It is they who deserve an apology.

And let's be honest. When we played Manchester City many real supporters didn't get a ticket. And yet the South Wales Argus printed a photograph of Kevin Ward waving four tickets for the game. His laughing face telling us he didn't have a problem getting tickets.

That is how directors of a fans owned club treated the fans. That's how we were viewed. And still there are people who come on here and defend them.