Re: Football laws you'd like to be changed next season

Some great suggestions here and I agree with them all. One thing that really annoys me is the constant cadging of yards at throw-ins. It’s easily remedied, the ref should mentally note where the position should be and maybe confirm with a nod if the player asks “where from? by pointing”. Any transgression then just immediately award it to the opposition. I also see no point in some of the law on throw-ins if we don’t enforce it because I often see only one arm being used to propel with the other as at most a guide. Another aspect is the “ from behind and over the head “ is often totally ignored by the two-handed chuck to the feet of a nearby recipient.
You might think this is a bit fussy but laws being ignored are not only totally pointless laws like the 6 second law that was mentioned above but breed contempt for them.

Book goalkeepers for catching the ball and falling on the floor when they’re leading and just wasting time.

However long a player takes to walk off when his number is up to be subbed then play should restart and the fourth official waits the same amount of time before allowing the sun to come on.

Only one stoppage for subs allowed after 80 minutes.

Booking for taking the ball into the corner flag.

Booking for defenders shepherding the ball out of play for goal kicks.

Basically anything that stops fans getting their moneys worth!

Collars wrote: March 29th, 2023, 4:54 pm Book goalkeepers for catching the ball and falling on the floor when they’re leading and just wasting time.

However long a player takes to walk off when his number is up to be subbed then play should restart and the fourth official waits the same amount of time before allowing the sun to come on.

Only one stoppage for subs allowed after 80 minutes.

Booking for taking the ball into the corner flag.

Booking for defenders shepherding the ball out of play for goal kicks.

Basically anything that stops fans getting their moneys worth!
Shepherding the ball out of play is one of my pet hates too. As far as I'm concerned, if you put your body between the ball and your opponent, whilst making no attempt to play the ball, it's obstruction, pure and simple.

The changes referring to “only if a player is injured “ how do you tell a real injury to faking ( like Wimbledon knew that going down and clutching your head the ref would stop the game).
Moving free kicks 10 yards forward was stopped because teams did it deliberately when it was harder to score directly from the edge of the box to further out.
The throw in is simple. Give the assistant the same type of marker that the ref uses.