Re: Football laws you'd like to be changed next season

10mins in the sin bin for dissent, as is being trialled at grassroots level. It’s very effective.

Plus I’d also simplify the offside rule by painting a line 35 yards from each goal line - if you’re over the line and closer to the goal than the keeper and last defender you’re offside. Any part of your body over that line , whistle is blown. A but like how you can’t be offside in your own half but the line is closer to each goal.

ghosty wrote: March 29th, 2023, 8:32 pm The changes referring to “only if a player is injured “ how do you tell a real injury to faking ( like Wimbledon knew that going down and clutching your head the ref would stop the game).
Moving free kicks 10 yards forward was stopped because teams did it deliberately when it was harder to score directly from the edge of the box to further out.
The throw in is simple. Give the assistant the same type of marker that the ref uses.
That can’t happen. On the diagonal plan the Lino may not be even in the same half of the pitch. They don’t run the whole length like a rugby line out judge.

1. Once the 85th (85th) minute of play arrives, the 4th official notify the first official AND from that moment on, NO more substitutions to be made barring a serious injury. Obvious reason, on numerous occasions club officials waste time from 90+ minutes when their team are winning by a single goal to deliberately waste time. Yes, it works both ways but show more sportsmanship by ridding of NEEDLESS late substitutions.

2. If a player is brought down in the box by an opposing player when a clear goal scoring opportunity was there, AWARD the goal, not a penalty.

3. A player who clearly is feigning injury in the hope of wasting time, getting an opponent sent off etc, he be either yellow or red carded at the discrepancy of the referee

lowandhard wrote: March 29th, 2023, 10:13 pm
Risca_Exile wrote: March 29th, 2023, 9:56 pm If a player is offside then raise the flag as the rule used to be, not wait for the player to play / attempt to play the ball.
Agree the offside law has been made to really annoy everybody : the original law was fine, everybody understood “ interfering with play “ - at least I did!
I'm waiting for a player to run through on goal tangle with the oppo keeper a leg is broken the lineo then flags for offside

It will happen

If you're offside flag straight away

UPTHEPORT wrote: March 30th, 2023, 11:28 am
Risca_Exile wrote: March 29th, 2023, 9:56 pm If a player is offside then raise the flag as the rule used to be, not wait for the player to play / attempt to play the ball.
Agree the offside law has been made to really annoy everybody : the original law was fine, everybody understood “ interfering with play “ - at least I did!
I'm waiting for a player to run through on goal tangle with the oppo keeper a leg is broken the lineo then flags for offside

It will happen

Yes lets get back to the old offside rule.

Blackandamber wrote: March 30th, 2023, 12:10 pm

It will happen

I'm sure I didnt dream it ..Last week whilst watching England play an opposition player was standing in an offside position behind the English defence,he ran towards the ball and it was passed to him by a team mate. He was flagged for offside , even though he received the ball in his OWN HALF ???

neilcork68 wrote: March 30th, 2023, 1:58 pm
Blackandamber wrote: March 30th, 2023, 12:10 pm

It will happen

I'm sure I didnt dream it ..Last week whilst watching England play an opposition player was standing in an offside position behind the English defence,he ran towards the ball and it was passed to him by a team mate. He was flagged for offside , even though he received the ball in his OWN HALF ???
Doesn't matter where he received the ball. Was he offside when it weas passed?

The offside rule has some peculiarities. Many years ago when I was playing in the RAF, we had a guy in our team who could take a goal kick, and if it was particularly windy (often was) could launch the ball from a goal kick to over the half way line. One of our wingers used to stand about 10 yards behind the defence, in their half, and they would ignore him as they thought he was in an offside position. The ball eventually came over, he would pick it up and score after a 1 on 1 with the keeper. We had a few goals disallowed for that. In the end, we used to remind the ref before the game started that you cannot be offside from a goal kick. It lasted only for a few seasons as the opposition eventually got wind of it.

pembsexile wrote: March 30th, 2023, 2:39 pm The offside rule has some peculiarities. Many years ago when I was playing in the RAF, we had a guy in our team who could take a goal kick, and if it was particularly windy (often was) could launch the ball from a goal kick to over the half way line. One of our wingers used to stand about 10 yards behind the defence, in their half, and they would ignore him as they thought he was in an offside position. The ball eventually came over, he would pick it up and score after a 1 on 1 with the keeper. We had a few goals disallowed for that. In the end, we used to remind the ref before the game started that you cannot be offside from a goal kick. It lasted only for a few seasons as the opposition eventually got wind of it.
I was refin when they trialed you couldn't be offside from a ball from your own half a lot easier to ref in fairness on your own in say Newport and district but a goal hangers paradise 😆

pembsexile wrote: March 30th, 2023, 2:39 pm The offside rule has some peculiarities. Many years ago when I was playing in the RAF, we had a guy in our team who could take a goal kick, and if it was particularly windy (often was) could launch the ball from a goal kick to over the half way line. One of our wingers used to stand about 10 yards behind the defence, in their half, and they would ignore him as they thought he was in an offside position. The ball eventually came over, he would pick it up and score after a 1 on 1 with the keeper. We had a few goals disallowed for that. In the end, we used to remind the ref before the game started that you cannot be offside from a goal kick. It lasted only for a few seasons as the opposition eventually got wind of it.
Podge used to do this