Re: Bye Bye Gav

phil_in_npton wrote: March 31st, 2023, 10:42 am Good Morning

Does Jacks post contravene forum rules?

General Rules
While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts.

To me it does and it puts the forum in a poor position for its members.

Phil in Northampton
Regrettably there are a lot of these - "rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts" - on the MB.

On this board, I have been called a nob, a creep, a narcissist, a stalker, a liar, a piece of sh!t, I could go on. I have had photo-shopped photographs of me in various guises. I accept fully that just because I don't give a f@ck doesn't mean that others don't. Which is why I wouldn't have posted that photo.

However one of the people complaining on this thread with respect to the photo has posted images of me taken from my chambers website and photo-shopped it. Others have engaged in referring to me with unpleasant rhetoric.

So everyone, feel free to post what you like about me. Feel free to photo shop me. But please, nobody has ever been outraged by what I put up with, so spare me the hypocrisy.

mad norm wrote: March 31st, 2023, 10:53 am Should we all know who the mods are?
Jack's post devalues this forum and is so out of character for him (i hope)
Norm, I think you and a few others have missed the point here. I’m sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but the mods haven’t posted anything on this forum. Jack is Admin, not a mod.

Hi Mike

Yes that’s a difference I hadn’t taken into consideration, nor am I really sure what difference it makes. Have the mods seen it and find it acceptable? Has anyone gone through the proper channels to object… I haven’t.
Does the site “belong” to Jack and so he can do with it as he pleases?

Does it really matter to anyone more than a few dozen regular people on here?

Phil in Northampton

phil_in_npton wrote: March 31st, 2023, 12:06 pm Hi Mike

Yes that’s a difference I hadn’t taken into consideration, nor am I really sure what difference it makes. Have the mods seen it and find it acceptable? Has anyone gone through the proper channels to object… I haven’t.

Phil in Northampton
This reads like the narrative at the start of the Friends sitcom............

phil_in_npton wrote: March 31st, 2023, 12:06 pm Hi Mike

Phil in Northampton
Hi Phil,

Well yes, I think it does make a difference. The mods ‘moderate’ the forum based on the rules set by Admin. No idea whether the mods find it acceptable or not. No, I haven’t objected, don’t see the point tbh.