Re: Season tickets go on sale next Monday

Jonesy3 wrote: March 31st, 2023, 8:01 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: March 31st, 2023, 6:38 pm
Jonesy3 wrote: March 31st, 2023, 6:21 pm Guessing this must mean we’re staying at Rodney Parade. Be nice to know.
https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/ ... ket-sales/
Who suggested that we were moving, not the club?
Lease ends in May. That’s my point. Can’t imagine it would be legal to sell tickets without a new lease in place.
Believe the lease ends June 30th, nevertheless I regard it as discourteous of the club not to update supporters of the situation.
Happy to see the announcement re, season tickets however.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: March 31st, 2023, 8:12 pm
Jonesy3 wrote: March 31st, 2023, 8:01 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: March 31st, 2023, 6:38 pm
Jonesy3 wrote: March 31st, 2023, 6:21 pm Guessing this must mean we’re staying at Rodney Parade. Be nice to know.
https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/ ... ket-sales/
Who suggested that we were moving, not the club?
Lease ends in May. That’s my point. Can’t imagine it would be legal to sell tickets without a new lease in place.
Believe the lease ends June 30th, nevertheless I regard it as discourteous of the club not to update supporters of the situation.
Happy to see the announcement re, season tickets however.
It's not a lease, it is a license, the terms of which just carry on, when the owner excepts payment, they except the terms.

Licenses between two businesses where it is mutually beneficial tend to work well. Both sides are looking for a win/win situation in order that it works out.

A lease is set out more like a divorce......

A bird eating ticks off a Lions mouth requires neither.

Bangitintrnet wrote: March 31st, 2023, 8:42 pm

It's not a lease, it is a license, the terms of which just carry on, when the owner excepts payment, they except the terms.

Licenses between two businesses where it is mutually beneficial tend to work well. Both sides are looking for a win/win situation in order that it works out.

Nonsense I'm afraid.

A lease is an interest in land. It can be as short as a week as long as 999 years.

A license gives us the right to use Rodney Parade. A lease gives the right of exclusion. To be clear there is nothing wrong with County having a license per se, but it is not a guarantee of security. Typical examples of licenses are not just for your television, but if you buy a ticket to watch County, you buy a license to be at Rodney Parade for a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: March 31st, 2023, 9:19 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: March 31st, 2023, 8:42 pm

Nonsense I'm afraid.

A lease is an interest in land. It can be as short as a week as long as 999 years.

A license gives us the right to use Rodney Parade. A lease gives the right of exclusion. To be clear there is nothing wrong with County having a license per se, but it is not a guarantee of security. Typical examples of licenses are not just for your television, but if you buy a ticket to watch County, you buy a license to be at Rodney Parade for a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon.
Do Newport Rugby have security of Rodney Parade, do Wasps have security of Coventry Stadium? No.
Financial security it doesn't bring.

Legal people simply don't understand the concept of two parties needing each other, it all revolves around what could happen in Court. Well businesses want to avoid Court, it's slow, expensive, and serves what purpose in a happy relationship?

For the legal industry divorce is where the money is, they get nothing from a happy marriage license............

These are significantly inflation busting increases, even worse after the Early Bird stage, and it will be interesting to see what impact this will have on sales. It is also interesting to note that match day prices have not been mentioned, consequently people are unable to assess the financial attractiveness of the ST deal.

With increasing rumours circulating about the weakness of our financial position I can understand the necessity of increasing prices to try and remain solvent, but there is also a danger of chucking the baby out with the Bath water. What affect will these increases have on attendances and ultimately ticket sales?
Could attendances now drop by 17% or more from our home supporter average of circa 3800 to say 3150, if so, then we would be worse off. In other words could just 650 or more of us revert to becoming casual and less frequent visitors to RP?

Our Commercial Manager cocked up the hospitality package for ST holders this season, let’s hope that he and the Board remnants have now not done the same with ST and match day prices.

It would also be interesting to know when this decision was made as the last recorded meeting was in January, and the released minutes make no mention of such a discussion. Further, what will this mean for the playing budget, will GC be provided with a competitive sum for the forthcoming season, or more of the same? I suspect the latter, as we still await the accounts for 2021, let alone 2022, and from what I’m hearing we maybe in for a shock.

Thankfully I can afford to renew my two tickets, and will be doing that, but I suspect that many other supporters will out of necessity now be having to reassess their position. This could be the first own goal of the coming season!

Taunton Iron Cider wrote: April 1st, 2023, 7:09 am These are significantly inflation busting increases, even worse after the Early Bird stage, and it will be interesting to see what impact this will have on sales. It is also interesting to note that match day prices have not been mentioned, consequently people are unable to assess the financial attractiveness of the ST deal.

With increasing rumours circulating about the weakness of our financial position I can understand the necessity of increasing prices to try and remain solvent, but there is also a danger of chucking the baby out with the Bath water. What affect will these increases have on attendances and ultimately ticket sales?
Could attendances now drop by 17% or more from our home supporter average of circa 3800 to say 3150, if so, then we would be worse off. In other words could just 650 or more of us revert to becoming casual and less frequent visitors to RP?

Our Commercial Manager cocked up the hospitality package for ST holders this season, let’s hope that he and the Board remnants have now not done the same with ST and match day prices.

It would also be interesting to know when this decision was made as the last recorded meeting was in January, and the released minutes make no mention of such a discussion. Further, what will this mean for the playing budget, will GC be provided with a competitive sum for the forthcoming season, or more of the same? I suspect the latter, as we still await the accounts for 2021, let alone 2022, and from what I’m hearing we maybe in for a shock.

Thankfully I can afford to renew my two tickets, and will be doing that, but I suspect that many other supporters will out of necessity now be having to reassess their position. This could be the first own goal of the coming season!

I think the club has dropped the ball on this. Big old price rise after a season of poor performances. I hope not, but I can see season ticket sales plummeting from this years. However, I know 4 people who have said they will not be renewing. Also one sponsor who won’t be due to the way he’s been treated this year.