Re: League Two Transfer Rumours/Confirmed Transfers

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: June 8th, 2023, 10:44 am
Amberexile wrote: June 8th, 2023, 10:17 am
Percy plunkett wrote: June 7th, 2023, 11:19 pm Another rumour bites the dust,he was pissed off and was definitely going said the rumour mongers.
What does signing Townsend when cheaper reserve goalkeepers must be available say about the drastic cut to the playing budget rumour?
Or could it mean that Day is to be sold?
To whom?

Amberexile wrote: June 8th, 2023, 11:19 am
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: June 8th, 2023, 10:44 am
Percy plunkett wrote: June 7th, 2023, 11:19 pm Another rumour bites the dust,he was pissed off and was definitely going said the rumour mongers.
What does signing Townsend when cheaper reserve goalkeepers must be available say about the drastic cut to the playing budget rumour?
Or could it mean that Day is to be sold?
To whom?
No idea. Just thinking in relation to the playing budget, he is contracted for next season and therefore could potentially be sold for a fee.

G Guest wrote: June 8th, 2023, 2:52 pm
I do not see Townsend as a reserve goal-keeper. For me he is the first choice.
He is for me as well. But we have a capable L2 quality gk on contract who we have to pay already so unless we unload him, any goalkeeper we add to the squad is a reserve goalkeeper if you accept that the budget is being drastically reduced

G Guest wrote: June 8th, 2023, 2:52 pm
I do not see Townsend as a reserve goal-keeper. For me he is the first choice.
Here, here!

JC wrote: June 9th, 2023, 11:21 am https://the72.co.uk/2023/06/08/cheltenh ... iker-race/

Don't know if this was true but on to the next target!
Yep, good luck to him. I don't think we need a fox in the box type player like he is when we have Bungle. We need a big target man to compliment him. I bet you the next forward we buy is a big lump like Jamma in his prime. Harry Smith would do a good job, he's out of favour at Orient.