The Ashes

Ingerrrrlund 0-1 Australia

If you’re going to declare on Day 1, the least you need to do is not lose the game.
Great game to watch as a neutral (and indeed an Australian I imagine) but this is THE biggest game in the cricket calendar and Ingerrrrlund should be gutted by this result.

Re: The Ashes

2nd Test interrupted by those JUST STOP OIL Protesters who are being financed by the vegan chairman of FGR...Dale Vince.

Great to watch Bairstow carrying the one off like a rag doll whilst he ( the protesters ) thought they had proved a point...
The powder they used was probably oil based
They travelled to the Oval in a car,public transport that is either run by oil or indirectly if they used the train.
They probably were wearing a product that had oil based items to make them..clothes , shoes etc

Let's get our own back on Vince and crumble on OXO cube on his vegan pitch next time we play FGR and see how he reacts then

I am all in favour of peaceful protests but these people have cost many thousands of pounds in costs with their disruption, cost lives or made people I'll with their blocking roads etc and are starting to lose any support of the public by their actions

Anyway I am off for a Plant Burger or whatever they eat............A Double Quarterpound Burger made from beef produced at a meat processing plant

Exile 1976 wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 4:14 pm 2-0 down now. Ingerrrrlund need to change their tactics for the third game or this could get really embarrassing
I disagree on that. Two close and fantastic matches. Further for a neutral it's been 10 days of superb entertainment. Australia are world champions but on the win predictor England twice were ahead in the final session of the game.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 4:59 pm
Exile 1976 wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 4:14 pm 2-0 down now. Ingerrrrlund need to change their tactics for the third game or this could get really embarrassing
I disagree on that. Two close and fantastic matches. Further for a neutral it's been 10 days of superb entertainment. Australia are world champions but on the win predictor England twice were ahead in the final session of the game.

Yes, great for neutrals (like myself) or Australian fans but if I was an Ingerrrlund fan I’d be gutted at the way they lost both games. This is THE big one and to lose a home Ashes series will be hugely disappointing for them regardless of how well they’ve played for the majority of the 5 days each Test.

Doesn't help with bad sportsmanship from the Aussies.
Bairstow should never have been given out. They should have withdrawn the appeal in the spirit of the game.That ball should have been called dead after it had gone over Bairstows head and landed in the keepers gloves and he made no attempt to run or gain an advantage. None of the on field umpires gave him out
They only did it because of the 'non catch 'the umpires never gave them when their player never had full control of the ball when he had scrapped the ball along the floor when tried to catch it on the run.The laws on the catch state you need full control of the ball in hand and your body whilst catching it to count. IMO He didn't

neilcork68 wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 6:07 pm Doesn't help with bad sportsmanship from the Aussies.
Bairstow should never have been given out. They should have withdrawn the appeal in the spirit of the game.That ball should have been called dead after it had gone over Bairstows head and landed in the keepers gloves and he made no attempt to run or gain an advantage. None of the on field umpires gave him out
They only did it because of the 'non catch 'the umpires never gave them when their player never had full control of the ball when he had scrapped the ball along the floor when tried to catch it on the run.The laws on the catch state you need full control of the ball in hand and your body whilst catching it to count. IMO He didn't
Agreed my response “if you want to win like that then just take the trophy now” the appeal should have been withdrawn end of - an overused phrase but definitely a “disgrace”.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that dismissal, the ball simply wasn’t dead and Bairstow was an idiot to start walking out of his crease so quickly and the keeper threw the ball at the stumps as soon as he caught it, not like he held onto it for a couple of seconds before doing so.

Exile 1976 wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 8:17 pm Absolutely nothing wrong with that dismissal, the ball simply wasn’t dead and Bairstow was an idiot to start walking out of his crease so quickly and the keeper threw the ball at the stumps as soon as he caught it, not like he held onto it for a couple of seconds before doing so.
Same response as I just gave Jim....None of the two on field umpires gave him out

neilcork68 wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 8:20 pm
Exile 1976 wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 8:17 pm Absolutely nothing wrong with that dismissal, the ball simply wasn’t dead and Bairstow was an idiot to start walking out of his crease so quickly and the keeper threw the ball at the stumps as soon as he caught it, not like he held onto it for a couple of seconds before doing so.
Same response as I just gave Jim....None of the two on field umpires gave him out
They were wrong. Simple as that. The right decision was made, certainly not bad sportsmanship, just stupidity from Bairstow
Last edited by Exile 1976 on July 2nd, 2023, 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.