Re: L2 Transfer Watch

CB. wrote: February 1st, 2024, 9:58 pm
Chepstow'sFine wrote: February 1st, 2024, 9:53 pm IF we don’t sign anyone that’s a massive failure by the club and basically declaring before the season is out.
I don’t agree, if you can’t get who you want for a fair price, don’t get someone you don’t want for the sake of it.
I take your point but why not at least roll the dice on a couple of loan players. We’ve got 5, I think we can have 8 in total but not more than 4 from one club. Clubs all around us have found a way to strengthen.

wattsville_boy wrote: February 1st, 2024, 10:16 pm
Chepstow'sFine wrote: February 1st, 2024, 9:53 pm IF we don’t sign anyone that’s a massive failure by the club and basically declaring before the season is out.
Or it could be an indication of more business to come. If you're not making room for another player then why send Wood out on loan?
Won't be Will Evans on the move as he's currently cheering on Gerwyn Price at the darts in Cardiff.

wattsville_boy wrote: February 1st, 2024, 11:40 pm Well it looks like GC is happy to rely on players coming back from injury to augment those currently playing. I think that leaves County light in midfield, especially with the shipping out of Wood.
Yes I was hoping for a really good addition in MF but not easy to pick good ‘uns in this window. Let’s get to that safety mark and then we can afford to think about strengthening next year.
Swindon seem to be pushing the boat out, hope we don’t get a reaction to the big game and get well beaten tomorrow.

lowandhard wrote: February 1st, 2024, 11:57 pm
wattsville_boy wrote: February 1st, 2024, 11:40 pm Well it looks like GC is happy to rely on players coming back from injury to augment those currently playing. I think that leaves County light in midfield, especially with the shipping out of Wood.
Yes I was hoping for a really good addition in MF but not easy to pick good ‘uns in this window. Let’s get to that safety mark and then we can afford to think about strengthening next year.
Swindon seem to be pushing the boat out, hope we don’t get a reaction to the big game and get well beaten tomorrow.
It looks like panic buying from Swindon, like a few more teams in L2. Happy with Jephcott in but unless Charsley rediscovers his early season form I think midfield remains a worry. Disappointed for Wood, but perhaps regular football and the promise of a re-look in the summer may do the trick. I think Waite and Evans improved second season so may not be over just yet.