Re: News on Delaney

It is odd that he turned down a longer contract,he could have signed for two and asked to be released after one if he wasn’t happy.He might regret that decision if he has a lengthy spell injured.As for Mickey,I spoke to him at the Utd game and he said it wasn’t about money.I doubt that as he would have stayed if we could have offered a decent amount.Will he come back if the money is sensible,will he be too old by next season,I wouldn’t rule it out so let’s wait and see.GC does rate Delaney so wouldn’t rule out seeing him in pre season training if he is able.

Percy plunkett wrote: February 18th, 2024, 4:17 pm It is odd that he turned down a longer contract,he could have signed for two and asked to be released after one if he wasn’t happy.He might regret that decision if he has a lengthy spell injured.As for Mickey,I spoke to him at the Utd game and he said it wasn’t about money.I doubt that as he would have stayed if we could have offered a decent amount.Will he come back if the money is sensible,will he be too old by next season,I wouldn’t rule it out so let’s wait and see.GC does rate Delaney so wouldn’t rule out seeing him in pre season training if he is able.
Suspect he was hoping for a 'better offer' at the end of this season as a free agent. His injury may put a spanner in the works.

Chepstow'sFine wrote: February 19th, 2024, 10:14 am
countymadbel wrote: February 18th, 2024, 6:19 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: February 18th, 2024, 5:54 pm Think he should have come off earlier Tues tbh
Agree
Yep. Although it's tough if a player says they're ok to play on. Especially in the modern game when a player goes down like they've been shot to win a foul and then jump up seconds later like Lazarus.
He didn't even get a free kick and while the seriousness of an injury often doesn't relate to the seriousness of the foul, it was pretty obvious.

Amberexile wrote: February 19th, 2024, 2:57 pm
Chepstow'sFine wrote: February 19th, 2024, 10:14 am
countymadbel wrote: February 18th, 2024, 6:19 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: February 18th, 2024, 5:54 pm Think he should have come off earlier Tues tbh
Agree
Yep. Although it's tough if a player says they're ok to play on. Especially in the modern game when a player goes down like they've been shot to win a foul and then jump up seconds later like Lazarus.
He didn't even get a free kick and while the seriousness of an injury often doesn't relate to the seriousness of the foul, it was pretty obvious.
I didn’t see contact, it looked to me like he moved his leg unnaturally trying to intercept but I may be wrong