One more win ?

1
If we get one more win or three points we are MATHEMATICALLY SAFE.

Absolute long shot that we lose all our remaining games and FGR win all theirs but just THREE more points and there's nothing they can do about overhauling our points tally.
Sutton cant pass us as they can get 51 points maximum

Re: One more win ?

2
neilcork68 wrote: March 16th, 2024, 7:06 pm If we get one more win or three points we are MATHEMATICALLY SAFE.

Absolute long shot that we lose all our remaining games and FGR win all theirs but just THREE more points and there's nothing they can do about overhauling our points tally.
Sutton cant pass us as they can get 51 points maximum
Corky we are going to the playoffs

Ffs stop worrying about relegation

Re: One more win ?

5
UPTHEPORT wrote: March 16th, 2024, 7:20 pm
neilcork68 wrote: March 16th, 2024, 7:06 pm If we get one more win or three points we are MATHEMATICALLY SAFE.

Absolute long shot that we lose all our remaining games and FGR win all theirs but just THREE more points and there's nothing they can do about overhauling our points tally.
Sutton cant pass us as they can get 51 points maximum
Corky we are going to the playoffs

Ffs stop worrying about relegation
I thought the idea of play-offs had gone when County lost three in four games recently. But two decent wins and they're back in the hunt again. Barrow on Tuesday will be difficult with Baker away with U21's and Drysdale appearing to have had a setback. But we'll see what GC does. It's certainly making an exciting end to what was seemed like a season of little hope...

Re: One more win ?

6
wattsville_boy wrote: March 16th, 2024, 11:35 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: March 16th, 2024, 7:20 pm
neilcork68 wrote: March 16th, 2024, 7:06 pm If we get one more win or three points we are MATHEMATICALLY SAFE.

Absolute long shot that we lose all our remaining games and FGR win all theirs but just THREE more points and there's nothing they can do about overhauling our points tally.
Sutton cant pass us as they can get 51 points maximum
Corky we are going to the playoffs

Ffs stop worrying about relegation
I thought the idea of play-offs had gone when County lost three in four games recently. But two decent wins and they're back in the hunt again. Barrow on Tuesday will be difficult with Baker away with U21's and Drysdale appearing to have had a setback. But we'll see what GC does. It's certainly making an exciting end to what was seemed like a season of little hope...
Barrow games next Sat. No Baker all the same.

Re: One more win ?

7
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: March 17th, 2024, 12:19 am
wattsville_boy wrote: March 16th, 2024, 11:35 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: March 16th, 2024, 7:20 pm
neilcork68 wrote: March 16th, 2024, 7:06 pm If we get one more win or three points we are MATHEMATICALLY SAFE.

Absolute long shot that we lose all our remaining games and FGR win all theirs but just THREE more points and there's nothing they can do about overhauling our points tally.
Sutton cant pass us as they can get 51 points maximum
Corky we are going to the playoffs

Ffs stop worrying about relegation
I thought the idea of play-offs had gone when County lost three in four games recently. But two decent wins and they're back in the hunt again. Barrow on Tuesday will be difficult with Baker away with U21's and Drysdale appearing to have had a setback. But we'll see what GC does. It's certainly making an exciting end to what was seemed like a season of little hope...
Barrow games next Sat. No Baker all the same.
Thanks. I realised that earlier this morning. I don't think the extra days in-between games makes any difference as GC is unlikely to risk Drysdale from the off anyway. So the options are Sanca from the off (unlikely), Bright as CB (unlikely) or 4 at the back (likely). There are more outlandish ideas, such as Morris as third CB, converting a striker as a CB (Jephcott, PH or Evans could all possibly do a job there) or GC signing up to fill the role (as a non-contract player)... :grin:

Re: One more win ?

8
wattsville_boy wrote: March 17th, 2024, 2:02 pm
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: March 17th, 2024, 12:19 am
wattsville_boy wrote: March 16th, 2024, 11:35 pm
UPTHEPORT wrote: March 16th, 2024, 7:20 pm
neilcork68 wrote: March 16th, 2024, 7:06 pm If we get one more win or three points we are MATHEMATICALLY SAFE.

Absolute long shot that we lose all our remaining games and FGR win all theirs but just THREE more points and there's nothing they can do about overhauling our points tally.
Sutton cant pass us as they can get 51 points maximum
Corky we are going to the playoffs

Ffs stop worrying about relegation
I thought the idea of play-offs had gone when County lost three in four games recently. But two decent wins and they're back in the hunt again. Barrow on Tuesday will be difficult with Baker away with U21's and Drysdale appearing to have had a setback. But we'll see what GC does. It's certainly making an exciting end to what was seemed like a season of little hope...
Barrow games next Sat. No Baker all the same.
Thanks. I realised that earlier this morning. I don't think the extra days in-between games makes any difference as GC is unlikely to risk Drysdale from the off anyway. So the options are Sanca from the off (unlikely), Bright as CB (unlikely) or 4 at the back (likely). There are more outlandish ideas, such as Morris as third CB, converting a striker as a CB (Jephcott, PH or Evans could all possibly do a job there) or GC signing up to fill the role (as a non-contract player)... :grin:
Agree that a back 4 seems the most likely, although I'm sure I've read somewhere that Morris did cover as a CB in his Grimsby days.

Re: One more win ?

9
Have never felt we'd get relegated this season but do feel we might just miss out on play offs (could be that stubborn goal difference that kills us?)...regardless we want to finish as high as possible - selling a 'top 10 team' to sponsors and fringe supporters is far easier than selling a team that piddles out at 17th place.

Re: One more win ?

10
Meanwhile the Vegans play the top five teams in consecutive matches
Doncaster (A) - 18th
Stockport (H) - 2nd
Crewe (A) - 5th
MK Dons (H)- 4th
Mansfield (A) - 1st
Wrexham (A) - 3rd
Morecambe (A)- 12th
Notts County (H) -17th

Notts being in 17th place seems bonkers.

Re: One more win ?

11
wattsville_boy wrote: March 16th, 2024, 11:35 pm

I thought the idea of play-offs had gone when County lost three in four games recently. But two decent wins and they're back in the hunt again. Barrow on Tuesday will be difficult with Baker away with U21's and Drysdale appearing to have had a setback. But we'll see what GC does. It's certainly making an exciting end to what was seemed like a season of little hope...
Since Christmas in 14 games we've won eight, lost four and drawn two. Which if repeated over a season would give 85 or 86 points, in terms a top three finish. However under the two points for a win system over a season that form would give us 59 points, a fourth or fifth place finish in all probability.

The reality is if you look at the League table that a lot of teams are in the mix but we would struggle on form to catch Wimbledon, Barrow or Walsall but for the fact we have avoided draws. Better to lose against Stockport and Mansfield and beat Morecambe and Wimbledon giving us six points than draw against Stockport, Mansfield and Wimbledon and beat Morecambe. Again this would have given us six points butwe would still be trailing Wimbledon by five points.

It's that time of the season. Because of bunching I think we need only another 16 points to make the play-offs. Down two points from the usual seventy three to seventy one. All our games are huge now, but six wins from eight games or maybe even five is not beyond us and those of us who remember 76/77 will recall that the great escape saw us win our final five games. Although to correct some, for that final game v Workington, we only needed a draw.

Re: One more win ?

12
I wonder how many supporters realise that over the 15 most recent games County have won more points than any other team in L2. In other words if those 15 games had been at the start of the season County would have been top of the division. 29 points have been earned with 9 wins and 2 draws and 4 defeats. Just a touch under a 2 points a game average.

Re: One more win ?

15
excessbee wrote: March 18th, 2024, 10:43 am Meanwhile the Vegans play the top five teams in consecutive matches
Doncaster (A) - 18th
Stockport (H) - 2nd
Crewe (A) - 5th
MK Dons (H)- 4th
Mansfield (A) - 1st
Wrexham (A) - 3rd
Morecambe (A)- 12th
Notts County (H) -17th

Notts being in 17th place seems bonkers.
That’s one hell of a run in - bye,bye Vegans, surely. If they stay up then they’ll have to have deserved to, that’s for sure!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chris Davis, Stan A. Einstein