Re: Prices.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: April 7th, 2024, 4:19 pm
Bangitintrnet wrote: April 7th, 2024, 3:00 pm
Chris Davis wanted to send me to Coventry..............
Chris shouldn't do that, I agree.

What with the blitz and then Dave Boddy I think the good people of Coventry have suffered enough. :grin:
[/quote

Of course Dave Boddy another of your fantasy Devils, he has done alright with Coventry, strange that.

The point was that so many wanted to view a thread that was about showing HJ what he was up against with the trust membership. Didn't want to discuss working with him, just an Athur Scargill outlook on working together. This before the trust membership has a consultation.

The result of acting like Billy big Bollards, the trust's money which HJ said was not vital, is even less vital, as he will up ticket prices............

God, I hope we don't get any legal bods (no common sense) putting themselves forward to represent a quarter of the fans...............

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: April 8th, 2024, 8:11 am
excessbee wrote: April 7th, 2024, 11:29 pm In the current economic climate it's probably inevitable that prices rise. If they don't then even more inevitable is that we get a double whammy at the end of next season.
Depending on what League we are in the season after next , presumably.
Sheffield United have already announced increased prices for next season and I think we know which league they will be in. So possibly even a triple whammy?

That is a terrible idea.
The current pension is the lowest in Europe, ignore all that Tory bllks about the triple lock.
Additionally, many older people are isolated and may depend on the County for social contact.
I think that we need to share the financial pain, fortunately and/or unfortunately.

Free beer wrote: April 8th, 2024, 9:31 am That is a terrible idea.
The current pension is the lowest in Europe, ignore all that Tory bllks about the triple lock.
Additionally, many older people are isolated and may depend on the County for social contact.
I think that we need to share the financial pain, fortunately and/or unfortunately.
County don't need to fund trust contributions via season ticket prices. If a senior is struggling to pay both, drop the trust. Simples...........

I think we need to recognise that two things can be true at the same time - there IS money in the Newport area and people who have money to spend who want a premium or enhanced product (game by game hospitality/access to some kind of lounge/pie & pint option, etc) as well as there being some level of hardship and while the club is a business it is also a community asset and does have a duty or would put a duty on itself to ensure everyone (or at least every child) in Newport has access to the game.

We can debate how or if people earn and spend their money and wider social issues but the reality is that there are [many] in Newport who do struggle financially and we have, for example, the usually virtually empty north terrace (with its hardened band of regulars that we could do very cheap tickets for and scale up from there.

For me a key thing is keeping young people engaged i.e., the 12-18 or even up to 21 bracket is key - when young lads and lasses can start going unaccompanied and having a great time creating an atmosphere (aka 'young team' or schooligans - all good fun and no aggro but helping to create that atmosphere with the noise and drums) - we need to make sure that match and/or season tickets for young people are accessible - a realistic birthday or late Christmas gift (or a gift from grandparents) or match tickets that can be bought with pocket money or part time job level cash. Get the little blighters hooked!

Maybe Bangit is just trying to get a rise out of a few people. Reduced prices for our older fans (myself included) are here to stay. I believe we are in a minority offering the reduction at 60. The change was made shortly before I reached that milestone. I won't pay too much attention to those who don't attend matches suggesting we shouldn't be increasing ticket prices. I don't include Bangit in this category.

Hazel wrote: April 8th, 2024, 9:55 am Where in this country do OAP's not get a reduction in pricing. I guess this Bangit fella is not an OAP or pretty well off. County would certainly make the news in an awful way if that occurred.
I'm 62, the senior season ticket for the County starts at 60. Most other clubs at 65, people who retired early are not relying on state pension because they won't have one. I worked for 42 years, and thus my works pension was as good as it was going to get.

Llanwern was the dominant employer in Newport from 1961 on, and thus the demographic of Newport is such that lots of seniors had well paid jobs, and thus good works pensions.

Not everyone only looks at the small picture of what benefits themselves, some look at the bigger picture of how to grow the club fanbase.