Re: Team for Accrington.

Chris Davis wrote: April 9th, 2024, 10:18 pm Dreadful to watch. I think everyone at RP including players, management, supporters and owners now cannot wait until the end of the season. I'm not sure how many on the pitch for us tonight will be here next season but I don't think it's going to be many.
Disagree. The reality is we simply cannot financially afford to change the majority of our squad.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: April 9th, 2024, 10:25 pm
Chris Davis wrote: April 9th, 2024, 10:18 pm Dreadful to watch. I think everyone at RP including players, management, supporters and owners now cannot wait until the end of the season. I'm not sure how many on the pitch for us tonight will be here next season but I don't think it's going to be many.
Disagree. The reality is we simply cannot financially afford to change the majority of our squad.
Maybe the majority of next year's squad is currently on the injured list and the minority was on the pitch tonight

Chris Davis wrote: April 9th, 2024, 10:31 pm
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote: April 9th, 2024, 10:25 pm
Maybe the majority of next year's squad is currently on the injured list and the minority was on the pitch tonight
You make a fair point, yet I'll be surprised if more than half of tonights 18 won't be here next season.

Lewis was shown a straight red - violent conduct if he threw a punch, serious foul play of it was for the tackle - so will be a 3 match ban. That could well have been his last act as a County player.

EDIT: Of course it could also have been for foul and abusive language which I believe is a 2 match ban.
Last edited by Amberexile on April 10th, 2024, 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Percy plunkett wrote: April 9th, 2024, 10:42 pm Anyone on the Bisley side saw the Lewis incident.If only he showed that fight during the game.Depends what it was so,could be a three match ban.
He certainly jumped off his feet to challenge for the ball, and would be deemed reckless and out of control. Yet my viewing was he made full contact with the ball and minor contact with the opposition player thereafter. Personally saw it as a yellow, yet ref after consulting with his assistant and receiving plenty of advice from Accrington's players gave a red. Couldn't see if there was any aggregating factors during the melee that followed.