Re: Grandstand: Newport County A.F.C versus Tranmere Rovers F.C.

To already be safe is a God send after reaching safety with around 50 points our first eleven playing( who are at this level} the last 5 or 6 games has shown that the players who have come into the team to cover injuries and suspensions have not stepped up to the mark. It is obvious if County were not safe with the players we have available we would of been in a relegation battle and imho relegated we have by far the worse squad in The League . So many players who quite frankly are Conference South or even lower the ability and skill level is one thing that you can understand it is the lack of desire, fight, aggression , running through brick walls I cannot comprehend these players are playing for their futures, new contracts, the fans, their families .
GC was a warrior center back at The Pilgrims and the fans respected the fact he would sweat blood for the team unfortunately he has inherited an inept squad who do not do enough to even sweat.
Todays game I expect us to come out short to opposition who want to Win more and play for a club they care about which has been evident in the last 5 defeats .
I hope I am proven wrong.

Re: Grandstand: Newport County A.F.C versus Tranmere Rovers F.C.

somerton moss wrote: April 13th, 2024, 8:00 am To already be safe is a God send after reaching safety with around 50 points our first eleven playing( who are at this level} the last 5 or 6 games has shown that the players who have come into the team to cover injuries and suspensions have not stepped up to the mark. It is obvious if County were not safe with the players we have available we would of been in a relegation battle and imho relegated we have by far the worse squad in The League . So many players who quite frankly are Conference South or even lower the ability and skill level is one thing that you can understand it is the lack of desire, fight, aggression , running through brick walls I cannot comprehend these players are playing for their futures, new contracts, the fans, their families .
GC was a warrior center back at The Pilgrims and the fans respected the fact he would sweat blood for the team unfortunately he has inherited an inept squad who do not do enough to even sweat.
Todays game I expect us to come out short to opposition who want to Win more and play for a club they care about which has been evident in the last 5 defeats .
I hope I am proven wrong.
Would you have written this after the Man U game?